“My annual trip to Salem 2014”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Britton, South Dakota
“My annual trip to Salem 2014”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Once again, I was pleased with my stay here. Front desk is always courteous and helpful. This is my second time staying here. The price is right and the place is nice, so I will probably stay here again. My bed was comfortable and I wouldn't have wanted a bigger TV.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BrentB24
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you, Brent, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. We appreciate your repeat business, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
salem, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

price was right but the stay was very disappointing. bed was uncomfortable, TV too small and road noise kept me awake. i am sorry I ever recommended this location to family and friends. do yourself a favor and keep on driving.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Nancy R
Nancy, thank you for your review of our property. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We don't often get noise complaints from any of our rooms, but we do have some areas of the hotel that are more likely to remain noise-free (away from stairs, elevators, etc). We are happy to honor all location requests, including requests for a quiet room. We have recently replaced our mattress's, so I will be sure to pass on your information to our maintenance. Again we are sorry and we hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Salem.
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had to attend a funeral and used the Dignity Mortuary travel service. They booked, air, motel and car. Was very pleased with their selection. We had to drive from Portland to Salem and arrived after midnight. Motel easy to find and was checked in promptly. Heating took a few minutes to figure out but once we did it worked fine. Pleasantly surprised breakfast had an automatic pancake machine, cold hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy and selection of pastry, bagels and bread. Loved the bed, very firm and the pillows. Staff was very helpful. Had a great 2 night stay and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lompoc, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Room Tip: try to get the first floor you can hear everyone running around upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Pilot Rock, Oregon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed at this motel for 2 nights. When I made the reservation I notified the person that I had a certificate for a free night's stay. The first night, at check-in I was told that they wouldn't be accepting my "free night's stay" certificate but that I could talk to the manager on Monday when we checked out. First, our room didn't have an alarm clock and when I called the front desk I was told they could give us a wake up call. (My boyfriend has to have a clock to look at). I was in a wreck a year ago and slowly recovering and after the first night's stay in their bed (hard as a rock and had dips all over) I couldn't hardly move and was in considerable pain. My boyfriend was also in pain. The second night we were both dreading going to bed even though we were both exhausted. We had wanted the first night to take advantage of their hottub but discovered quite a few unsupervised children in the pool and decided against it. The second night, however, we did get in the hottub and would have preferred to sleep there than in the bed. At check-out time the manager did honor the "free night's stay" and could only say "sorry" and that "the bed were brand new". I do NOT recommend this motel. The bed was miserable, the shower leaked all over the floor and for the price it just isn't worth it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmabennett
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We regret not having been able to provide you with an exceptional stay. We strive to make our facility the best it can be. We would like you to know we did replace our mattress's this year, however, I passed your information onto maintenance and they will be looking into it. Again, we are terribly sorry that your stay with us was not a good one, but this was not the type of experience our guests usually have, and I hope that you will give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it does help us to improve what we offer our future guests.
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our stay was very enjoyable, the staff was friendly, very helpful and down to earth. If we are back in Salem again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay for another night or two. The pool, hot tub and fitness room were clean, well lit, and top notch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, dale, for your review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the near future.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were on a roadtrip and wanted to visit the state capitol building? Found this convenient BW. This is a traditional motel, kept in good order, and very friendly/helpful.
Good room, everything worked and we would stay again

Room Tip: Back row, away from the road
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria S
Thank you, Gloria, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. We are very proud of the amenities we offer, and it's nice to hear that they were appreciated. We hope to see you again soon!