“Upgrade Surprise”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Abbotsford, Canada
“Upgrade Surprise”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We had enjoyed our stays at this hotel several times previously and so included it as part of a mini vaction to celebrate 40 years of marriage. As I had taken liberty of pre-advising hotel of our anniversary, the reception clerk conveyed congrats at check in - which was completed very professionaly. We were very surprised to find out that the hotel had provided a complimentary upgrade to the honeyomoon suite! This gesture will remain a positive highlight memory for us, beating all our expectations for our stay. As always, rooms were clean and well maintained, as well as pool/spa area. And you can't beat the Denny's breakfast included with the room cost. No better place to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Waldport, Oregon
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I can't say enough about the Mill Creek Inn staff's helpfulness. I needed to spend two nights due to my daughter needing a medical procedure. When I made online reservation I was pretty nervous and inadvertently used the date I was doing it instead of the date I would be arriving. When I arrived and found out what I had done I was just sick as I really needed to be there for my daughter (I live several hours away). But the clerk searched and found they did have one available room - with a king bed instead of the queen bed I had booked - and they put me in there at nearly the same rate. I felt so stupid but they made me feel so much better and I so appreciated it. I have stayed there several other times and have always had wonderful service. They deserve a gold star from me!
Diane York

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Peace and quiet- nice surroundings- a microwave and a little frig.- coupled with an inviting tub and a comfortable bed. The ideal place after a full day of workshops, meetings, or touring. The staff are friendly and helpful; the parking lot is safe, and the outside of the hotel is well kept. I would recommend you stay there anytime you are in the Salem area...all that and a pretty straight shot to the Capital Buildings as well. Oh yes, did I tell you their hot chocolate is out of this world... delicious and available [along with great coffee] all day long.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I would recommend this motel to friends to stay. Easy to find off of the highway and nice clean accomidations.

Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. What a fun little spot! The foyer has a water feature across from the front desk, and a beautiful curving staircase front and center. The rooms were immaculate, with lovely white comforters. That's always a good indication that they are washed and sanitized regularly. There's a 24 hour Denny's across the parking lot that provides room service, and the pool was very well kept and private. I've got to say though, that although the hotel and services were wonderful, what really put the experience over the top was the staff. The girl who checked us in, Amy I think, was so great! She makes homemade cookies to give to guests, and has a very sharp wit and great sense of humor. We were planning to shop for a particular item during our stay, and she researched all the stores in Salem that carried the item, and went so far as to offer to call each store to inquire about sizes, styles, colors, etc... Even though were were there for business, this hotel made our stay feel like a vacation. We're already planning excuses to go back!

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I live a few miles from this hotel. Had no idea it was so nice. I needed a place to stay while work being done on my house. I had a very pleasant stay! All of the staff were warm and welcoming. I requested early checki in=got it. Requested top floor, end of the hall=got it. The free breakfast at Dennys was great! Coffee, tea, cocoa available in the lobby was nice. Pool area was great. I love the "Clean remotes" that are sanitized. Thanks for the nice, relaxing stay!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Bend Oregon
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Great hotel, good price, great location for most meeting and events in Salem

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business