“Excellent Accomodations”

Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We arrived late with no reservation. Not only did they accomodate us, but the room was very roomy and the bed was excellent.
The price for this room was very affordable and the front desk staff very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,313)

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stay in Salem several times a year and have stayed at this hotel at least 15 days in the last year. The people are very nice. You are given fresh cookies upon checkin! The rooms are clean. Rooms have refrigerators and coffee makers. The bathrooms have shampoo conditioner and soap dispensers in the shower so no bottles. I had a little problem with one of the containers not dispensing and realized it was from dryer material. Once I cleaned it, then it worked. The rooms on the back side by the creek are the quietest. I always ask for a quiet room and this last stay I was placed in a room over the entrance and next to an exit door and every time the door shut it slammed and made the room shake. I called and asked to be moved. After some hemming and hawing and telling em that they were almost sold out, they found another room. The breakfast at Denny's is included and a good breakfast. They also have a coffee bar in the lobby available 24 hours with hot chocolate, teas and coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on mill creek! Much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our property. We appreciate that you continue to choose to stay with us! I keep hearing great comments about our hot chocolate/cappuccino machine, and it's great to hear that you enjoy it as well.

I look forward to your next stay with us!

Jake Bryant

A Best Western traveller
California
Reviewed 29 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Reviewed 25 December 2012

We booked the room after traveling for 14 hours in the car. Just needed a room for the night that allowed pets, and this fit the bill. Check in was nice and pleasant and the staff was great, explained everything, and I love the little dog treat bags. Nice touch. Another nice touch was the free breakfast at Denny's (right next door). Would stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy to cater to your pets' needs, as well as your own, and I'm glad to hear that we succeeded with you! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Salem.

Jake Bryant

Reviewed 23 December 2012

The service was excellent at the hotel. It was a very good experience overall. It was a nice room, what you would expect from a Best Western Plus. No complaints regarding the hotel.

We got to Salem too late to have dinner at the place we planned for, so the default was at Denny's across the street. The hotel provided us with a discount. Not fine dining, of course, but it was convenient. Since we wanted a better meal in the morning, we skipped the free breakfast at Denny's and went to "Word of Mouth" restaurant, which is HIGHLY recommended.

I'm not sure if I will go back to Salem, but if I ever do return, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Had to do another fast trip to Salem and then home again. Love this hotel, the only down side is breakfast is limited items at Dennys. If you get the biscuit and gravy, you might need more food fast....We was here for a funeral and had two rooms adjoining. Costco is right across the street and on the other side of Mission St. is Walmart. I too only stay at Best Western hotels any time I can.....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Hi, i travel frequently & your hotel is the perfect oasis for me to meet my family when i have to stay over the weekend in Salem & we are missing each other.

Being pet friendly is just perfect & when the recent heavy snow in the pass made my wife uncomfortable driving back to Central OR. you were most kind and pleasant when extending their stay after i left for Seattle.

thanks,