“Best Best Western on Hwy 5!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Palm Springs, CA
“Best Best Western on Hwy 5!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This Best Western motel is exceptional! Loved the marble double sink bathroom with private shower/toilet area, small refrigerator, warm greeting including freshly baked cookies, small self-serve coffee bar, neatly furnished room, and comfortable bed. Even the check-out was expedited. Room includes free breakfast at Denny's. Easy exit off why. Convenient elevator to second floor.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Kuna, Idaho, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our accommodations were clean and comfortable. The check-in process was effortless and the morning breakfast at Denny's was a nice touch. However, I was charged more than was quoted when I made the reservation and when I asked to clarify the discrepancy upon check-out was dismissed with a scripted answer about rates being subject to change. Upon arriving home, I recalculated the discrepancy in charges and decided it was worth a phone call to try to understand. I was greeted very gruffly by an individual that reportedly had manager responsibilities. I simply wanted to clarify why not once, but twice the rates for my stay were misrepresented. I never asked for nor did I want a refund of any kind. I just wanted to express my frustration with the fact that when I had booked the room and again when I signed for it upon check-in, the rate that was discussed was not what I was charged. I understand that rates can change, but in my estimation it's best to disclose this, up-front, to the customer. Especially, when specifically asked. Unfortunately, this could be a regular stop on my family's future visits, but I am very apprehensive to return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jake B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Tami,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive the rate you were quoted. It is certainly not our policy to give our guests a different rate than what they were quoted, and I want to correct this error. Please call or email me on Monday so I can get the information I need to make this correction. I would also like to know when you called us (or who you talked to), so that I can make sure that future guest requests are handled in a more appropriate manner.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and I truly hope that you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in Salem.

Jake Bryant
(503) 585-3332
bwmci@msn.com
Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been staying at the Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn for the past three years. I've thought of staying at other hotels, but I'm treated so well there. It is close to the places I need to get to (Willamette University), and downtown. Staff is courteous and professional, the hotel is very clean and the rooms are the best. I prefer staying on the third floor, and they always honor my request. Good place, good people, I wouldn't stay any place else in Salem.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jake B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Kenneth,

Thank you for your review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. We appreciate the repeat business of our Willamette University parents, and we love to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Jake Bryant
Tulelake, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

The BW Mill Creek Inn is an excellent place to stay. Quiet, comfortable beds, large rooms, and a nice selection of breakfast items from the next door Denny's is included with your stay. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone else staying in the Salem area.

Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

good looking hotel, and lobby, rooms are well appointed.. there is a Dennys Rest on site .. so you get a bkfst coupon with several choices and the hotel gives you a 15% disc coupon to use for dinner .. both are family owned.. the room is well appointed, but the a/c is a bit noisy , the coffee maker and hairdryer outlets didn't work .. but it is clean , people are friendly.. good coffee in the lobby

Salem, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Love this place. We have been here twice now when visiting our son at Western Oregon University. Love the pool and hot tub, super clean and the hot tub is hot. The rooms are huge and are always clean.

Pasco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Staff were great, hotel was clean, rooms outstanding! What else can I say? Nicole greeted me at the front desk, she was friendly, helpful and informative. The free breakfast was across the Parking lot at Denny's, and I found the restaurant to be clean and the food was good. I liked the idea of building my own omelet Prime rib, Spinach, roasted onions and red peppers, mushrooms, pepper jack cheese with hash browns, wheat toast, and coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo