“Great Night”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Ontario, United States
“Great Night”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this Best Western. Everything in the hotel is beautiful and clean. Also, they have very comfortable beds. I would definitely stay again. The only thing I didn't like was eating next door. By staying at the Hotel, you get a free breakfast at Denny's. They took FOREVER to sit us down and to serve us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
anchorage
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here during a college visit with my daughter. The hotel seems a bit older/dated at first but our room was clean, nice, and updated. The room was very spacious and the beds were awesome. I appreciate the in-room coffee, microwave, mini fridge and ironing board. The coffee was decent but they only gave you one pod=1 cup. I was the only coffee drinker so wasn't a problem but if my husband were with us, or I wanted a second cup I would have had to request more. Also great channel selection on the television. We didn't use the Denny's vouchers. It was a quiet location with easy access to major roads. I will stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll pass on your comments about the coffee to our housekeeping staff. Our rooms are supposed to have 2 regular coffees and one decaffeinated, and we are happy to bring more coffee to your room if you request it.

Thank you for your business; we look forward to your next stay with us!

La Palma, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have been Hilton Honors members for many years and were very pleasantly surprised at how nice and comparable this hotel was, if not better than our latest Hilton stays. We will definitely be staying at a Best Western in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you, Sharie, for your review of our property. We are very proud of our property and of the Best Western brand, and it's great to hear that we made a good impression with you.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Shawnigan Lake, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have never stayed in a better BW than this. No complaints or ever been dissatisfied at all. The rooms, the service, food and even the small Tavern style Pub has a full time atmosphere of smiles, laughter and even the small talk that pulls you into the high light of the stay. Upon arrival we were met with big smiles, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, a 20% food voucher of for our dinner along with meal tickets for breakfast at Denny's. Room was maculate along with the Pool area and Sauna's. No never a bad stay here at all. Love this Inn and can hardly wait until for our return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2013

As a first time visitor we booked the room over the internet (which often means you're taking your chances) and were quite pleased! and I am VERY PICKY!
The desk attendant was professional yet, welcoming. The property was clean, interior updated and modern with a warm atmosphere. Room was clean, large, and well equipped. Mattress was Ok... not my favorite but, was absolutely good enough to sleep. Swimming pool was actually warm (which is a biggie for me) Spa was clean, workout room was great. The security on the premises was enough to be comfortably safe without being scrutinizing. And the free breakfast from Denny's was a bonus that was appreciated. OH! And did I mention the warm cookie upon check-in? It was a nice touch. I visited the business center and laundry facilities only long enough to make a judgment that both were adequate for those types of needs to be met and were well maintained. Over-all, it was great. *side note* I gave a 5 star for 'Room service' because of the immediate attention I received regarding my coffee maker not working in the morning, where a staff member promptly showed up to plug it in for me... and was quite liberating regarding my naiveness vs. condescending. Which I appreciated :)

Room Tip: desk attendant filled all of my high maintenance requests with regards to the exact room I wanted. I...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This Best Western motel is exceptional! Loved the marble double sink bathroom with private shower/toilet area, small refrigerator, warm greeting including freshly baked cookies, small self-serve coffee bar, neatly furnished room, and comfortable bed. Even the check-out was expedited. Room includes free breakfast at Denny's. Easy exit off why. Convenient elevator to second floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Kuna, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our accommodations were clean and comfortable. The check-in process was effortless and the morning breakfast at Denny's was a nice touch. However, I was charged more than was quoted when I made the reservation and when I asked to clarify the discrepancy upon check-out was dismissed with a scripted answer about rates being subject to change. Upon arriving home, I recalculated the discrepancy in charges and decided it was worth a phone call to try to understand. I was greeted very gruffly by an individual that reportedly had manager responsibilities. I simply wanted to clarify why not once, but twice the rates for my stay were misrepresented. I never asked for nor did I want a refund of any kind. I just wanted to express my frustration with the fact that when I had booked the room and again when I signed for it upon check-in, the rate that was discussed was not what I was charged. I understand that rates can change, but in my estimation it's best to disclose this, up-front, to the customer. Especially, when specifically asked. Unfortunately, this could be a regular stop on my family's future visits, but I am very apprehensive to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Tami,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive the rate you were quoted. It is certainly not our policy to give our guests a different rate than what they were quoted, and I want to correct this error. Please call or email me on Monday so I can get the information I need to make this correction. I would also like to know when you called us (or who you talked to), so that I can make sure that future guest requests are handled in a more appropriate manner.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and I truly hope that you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in Salem.

(503) 585-3332