“Clean & Comfortable with an extra”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Portland, Oregon
“Clean & Comfortable with an extra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Last night, I stayed at this hotel, and I was very pleased. Both the hotel's entry area and my room were very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The extra I'm referencing is two sinks -- one in the bathroom with the tub & toilet and another in the room on the other side of the bathroom door. Very handy if you have two or more people needing to get ready at the same time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wandererM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Sicamous, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is friendly to pets, but NOT PET FRIENDLY. There is not a blade of grass on the premises to walk a dog or to do it's 'business', only paved/concrete and ornamental landscape, and all 'pet rooms' are on the 2nd and 3rd floors so it is quite a hike to take a pet outdoors, particularly in the evening into a dark paved lot. Would not stay at this hotel again if I had a pet with me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jake B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you, Karen for your review of our property. I apologize that our front desk staff did not give you correct information about what we offer pets at the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. We actually have a large property behind the hotel that is available for our guests to walk their dogs. We also have several pet rooms on the first floor, although they may have all been occupied during your stay with us.

I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us the next time your are in Salem with your dog. When you make your reservation, we will be happy to reserve a room for you on the first floor at your request. We look forward to seeing you again!

Forest Grove, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here twice in the past month. My mother-in-law had surgery, and I needed somewhere clean and safe. The Best Western was recommended by the hospital staff, and it worked out great. My husband and I stayed here together two weeks later, and it was perfect for us. The bed is comfortable, the complementary water bottles were very appreciated, and the free cappuccinos in the lobby were yummy. It is right across the parking lot from a Denny's, and breakfast is included.

Room Tip: I stayed in 334, which is on the top floor, away from the elevator and the ice machine, and had a vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. I'm happy to hear that your enjoyed our property and our amenities! We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a very beautiful motel, with wonderful entrance, great staff, Rooms are large & beautiful. This was our first stay at a Best Western Plus and we are sold. Certainly worth the extra paid. Pool & hot tub really nice. Stayed several nights, and have not complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed here a number of times now when in town for business meetings. We occasionally do bring our dog along as well, (it is Oregon after all!). This place just seems to get better with each stay. We notice little improvements and small touches that are just so welcome. Super clean, very friendly, good location, great value. At the end of a stressful day this is a welcoming spot to spend the evening very comfortably. This review is based on several stays over more than a year, so the high rating is definitely not a fluke. Make this your first choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jake B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. We appreciate your business, and it's nice to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here for business travel and was very pleased. The staff was so helpful and friendly and it seems like they go the extra mile to be accommodating. The rooms are really nice and not the typical boring hotel room. I liked the cappacino/hot chocolate machine in the lobby and it's a beautiful lobby. It was quiet and is very centrally located to downtown. I live in Bend and my training sessions are in Salem and a coworker had stayed here previously and had nothing but good things to say so I decided to try it and I am so glad I did! When I was in town the big snowstorm happened and I had already checked out of the hotel room and was planning on heading back to Bend. But changed my mind and decided to wait until the next day to make the trip in daylight due to the weather. I called and reserved another night and requested the same room and they were wonderful about it and no problem at all. I would highly recommend this Best Western. And the voucher for the free breakfast at Denny's and the 15% off dinner coupon, not to mention the freshly baked cookie upon arrival, make this a great experience and really convenient. I have already made reservations for when I am back in town in March and will be booking all my future nights on business here.

Room Tip: I prefer the 3rd floor and it's easy to access with the elevator. It was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jake B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you, Trudi, for your detailed review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our amenities. I will pass on your comments to our staff; they will definitely appreciate your kind words!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Salem.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I am please to say my stay at this hotel was exellent! The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. Free complementary breakfast at Denny's located in the same parking lot with a variety of meays to chose from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business