“Unexpected Luxury”

Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 13 October 2010

As you check in to the hotel, you are given complimentary macadamia nut cookies that are wonderful. The entire hotel is non-smoking so it smells fresh and clean. The room has an "asia" style that is very elegant and all the paper products and towels are folded into fans which even impressed my teenager. There were complimentary soft mints and complimentary water in the room and there was a small refrigerator that we used for the water and soft drinks. There was a complimentary full breakfast from the Denny's restaurant next door and a coupon for a reduced rate on dinner there too. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and were extremely clean, actually like new - even the bed spreads. There was a pool, hot tub, saunas, and exercise room. Our only complaint was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Convienent to interstate/eating/shopping...all the things I do after work! Rooms quite, clean & spacious. Beds great. No critters found. No restaurant in the hotel so you get a voucher for Denny's, which is across the parking lot. Will stay here again when I am in Salem.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We spent a week in Salem, packing up our daughter to leave the area, and stayed at the Mill Creek Best Western. We were very lucky to have chosen such a great hotel for a week's stay....the rooms were spacious and well taken care of and the bathroom space was to die for. The staff was helpful and always considerate and the complimentary breakfasts at Dennys next door were a real plus since we are low carb eaters and continental breakfasts are not that great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This Best Western has been recently renovated with new beds, carpet and furniture for each of it's spacious rooms. The rooms have either a small kitchenette or 2 work /desk areas, free in-room wi fi ** best on the 2nd floor, warm cookies upon check-in, fridge, microwave, 2 free bottles of water, coffee maker, free parking and free daily breakfast voucher at Denny's (next to hotel). This is 100% non-smoking hotel.
The room, beds, fluffy towels, pool, whirlpool are better than most Best Western Hotels.
This a one of the better hotel deals with most rooms under 120.00.
No issues or complaints regarding this hotel.
For fun, you can visit a large winery less than 8 miles away and a major outlet shopping centre about 25 minutes north of Salem- remember no sales tax when shopping.
It was such a nice hotel that we elected to stay an extra night to relax before continuing on our road trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank advcardio
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We just left the Mill Creek and had another great stay. We've stopped there many times over the years and always find it clean, with lots of little amenities with great beds and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We recently spent one night here on our way home after being away a month. It was the nicest place of our entire trip. It is definitely the nicest Best Western we've stayed in. It had the feeling of being more of an upscale motel. The room was large, bed was comfortable, nice flat screen TV. It was perfect. Instead of the motel serving you a complimentary breakfast they give you vouchers to go next door to Denny's. There you have a choice of about 5 items such as bacon and eggs, pancakes, french toast, cereal, etc.

Also a nice bonus for me, it was across the street from Costco. We'll definitely stay there again.

Marian Hughes,
Pitt Meadows, BC

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marianh635
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We were on our way home from a nice trip taking my 81 year old father-in-law to the Redwoods. It was nice but we were tired. I made sure to read reviews ahead of time to insure clean rooms. We did get a pet friendly room every night and they were nice and clean...except for this night at the Best Western in Salem. We got in bed and I asked my husband if he had already got under the covers. He said no and I lifted them up and it was all dirt. I called the front desk and she said we could come and get clean sheets. We did and made our own bed. The carpet was also less then clean but the bed is what really bothers me. I did tell the front desk when checking out. I did it quietly because I HATE complaining as I am shy. She said sorry about that and she will notify housekeeping. Big deal for me. She also said she gave me 20% off the room but when I looked at the bill she did not. I guess I learned my lesson. The people that get results and any compensation are the ones that assert themselves and demand respect. I just need to learn how to do this and I will next time. It still makes me angry and disappointed.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brigitte85Washington
steverachel, Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2010

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience at our hotel, Brigitte. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, and we are taking steps to improve our room inspections and make sure that our future guests don't experience anything less than spotless rooms.

I am applying the 20% discount that you should have received when you told our front desk staff about the problem. I appreciate that you brought the matter to our attention, and I assure you that, if you give us another chance, you will find that we are deserving of our high ranking on TripAdvisor and other websites.

Jake Bryant