“Horrible take out”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Wish my husband had gone to Safeway and got the Chinese food for our New Years eve dinner.
It was the worse I've had in Salem. Also, didn't get the shrimp in our order, the put in another carton of gummy rice. YUCK!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Reasonable prices and the best Chinese in Salem. They even have take out. Most people in Salem recognize Lum-Yuen as the best in Salem. The discussion is only over who is second best. I will have a number four combination and tea, thank you!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Had lunch at Lum yuens today,went for the Special chow mein and special fried rice.Huge portions and freshly cooked to order.We have been coming here for years and its so nice to have the same quality and see so many of the same faces.Alot of their staff has been there from 10-30 years !That alone says something about the biz.They are always friendly and the cooks will try to prepare anything we like.Mistakes happen sometimes but at least they try!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

They like to flaunt their awards a liitle to much but the food is good here and their servers are always a delight to have serve you. They have very good people working for them. I have never had a messed up TO GO order either.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I can't begin to guess how many times I've eaten here over the past three and half decades. And I've not had a bad meal here yet.

Ask to be seated in Erin's section if you'd like to be waited on by one of the best servers in town. She's a delight.

The servings here are always very generous. Rarely do I leave without a hefty "doggy" box in my hand.

Today I started with a BBQ Pork appetizer. Then I had Deep Fried Tempura Shrimp, Pork Fried Rice and Egg Foo Young smothered in their delicious Gravy. I think this huge combo plate (sans the BBQ Pork) was $6.95! That included a pot of good strong Tea.

So if you've got a hankerin' for some good Chinese food and lots of it for a very reasonable price with top notch service thrown in, give Lum Yuen a try.

And tell Erin Chuck Bradley sent you!

Been to Lum-Yuen? Share your experiences!