“Enjoyable evening...”

Ranked #396 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

First time visit with my wife. Had the two sauce option with the clam and mushroom white sauces. Clam okay but my preference was the mushroom. Wife had meat sauce and really enjoyed it. Next time I plan to try the other non-tomatoe sauces. Parking was limited but it was close enough to 6PM that we could park in the 30 minute parking that ends at 6PM. End of a fun day.

There are newer reviews for Old Spaghetti Warehouse

Reviewed 17 February 2014

OK - we arrive at 6:20 on the Sunday after Valentine's day with our 2 grandchildren, who are "starving" (aren't they always). We wait 1/2 hour. THEN the lady with the lineup (who's waiting list) tells everyone they are out of the sourdough bread they normally give the table before their dinner arrives. THEN she tells us they are out of chicken. Really? Who the heck is managing this place? My hubby and I haven't been here in YEARS and the grandkids wanted to go - but, mean old grandparents that we are, we left and went elsewhere (oh, and we had luscious rolls with honey butter and they weren't out of anything). Seriously, wouldn't you think the shortages could have been predicted earlier in the evening and something done about them? Especially bread - how hard is it to get some bread, really??? Probably won't be going back for many more years.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

You can boil spaghetti at home. The venue leaves much to desire. Unfortunately disappointing, for such an amazing location. The service was pretty good, but couldn't make up for the other pieces.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My great-grandma use to take me here when I was a kid; dimly lit, quirky furniture and spumoni ice cream. My gram is long since gone but every time I step foot in this place it takes me back. I love it, if your a snob about restaurants(and I think you know who you are) and expect everybody to be dressed to the nines, and act all proper, yadda yadda do me a favor stay home or go somewhere else. Even though they are in a new location OSW still has the same ambience as it did back in the day, fun, quirky furniture and spumoni ice, as well as gigantic portions for a very reasonable price. A calzone dinner comes with a HUGE calzone(left overs woot woot), a loaf of hot bread, garlic butter, salad and dessert for $12.25. I hope to beable to take my grand kids there someday.

1  Thank Aliloohoo
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant for years - I'm not sure if it is under new management, but we only made it as far as being seated before we decided to leave. When we entered, the entry area was dusty and not inviting. There were 3 handwritten signs on torn butcher paper taped to the walls, the string of white lights was 1/2 burned out and 1/2 hanging while the remainder was in a clump on a ledge. The hostess' purse was laying on the floor in plain sight gaping open. There was also a chair as decor - either a dentist chair or a barber chair - neither things I wanted to think about during dinner. The hostess looked at us (no greeting) and said, "I'll go clean off a table for you" - which only played into our cleanliness concerns. When we were seated the old wooden table smelled of a combination of wet wood and bleach. Under the table was a complete mess - food, crumbs, silverware and a crayon. We decided if the entryway, table and carpet were this filthy - we didn't want to know what would come from the kitchen. As we left, I asked the hostess (and a waitress that was at the counter) for the name of the owner - neither of them knew who it was! They also didn't ask why we were leaving of what was wrong. Very disappointing!