“Friendly atmosphere, good food”
Review of Ramen Ichiban

Ramen Ichiban
Ranked #148 of 546 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have been the patron of ramen Ichiban for many years, and I've always enjoyed the food. Recently the owner gave me a new dish called katsudon which is similar to tonkatsu, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I miss that he doesn't have any Japanese magazines anymore they're all people magazines or fashion magazines but I guess you have to go with the times. I for one understand that prices have had to go up a little bit because the economy is in such a stink hole. I still will visit this place because I love the food.

All in all I think the food out weighs anything else and you should definitely give this place a chance.

1  Thank Mister_E503

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Very good meal and nice super service. Try the signature dish Katsudon you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank ReneeOR
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Nothing like ethnic food cooked by someone who remembers how his mother's version tasted. Has to be the most authentic Japanese in town. Signature dish is the katsudon, both chicken and pork. My kids always loved he ramen also. Family friendly and reasonably priced. The owner "Harry" is very outgoing and friendly while your order is prepared. Not much for ambience but sometimes the small hole in the wall place has the best tasting menu.

1  Thank slits007
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I LOVE this restaurant!! Ramen Ichiban is a family favorite! The homemade and home-style food is amazing! When my kids are asked their choice of places to eat, Ramen Ichiban is their # 1 choice. The ramen is also the favorite choice for when they are feeling under the weather. My daughter pointed out when I asked why, that she feels better every time she has the Ramen. The Chicken Katsudon is a wonderful treat that you will enjoy. A delightful family and wonderful food! I highly recommend Ramen Ichiban you will love it!

3  Thank pickymom75
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Japanese cuisine typically has very tasty soup. Ramen soup - small bowl, $6.75 to go. Forgettable - salty and without distinction. This place is a "hole in the wall". Dank and tacky - who ever keeps this place in business must also enjoy Chung King from a can.

6  Thank craig-loly

Been to Ramen Ichiban? Share your experiences!