“Left Stranded”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We traveled from Seattle to Oregon for the fair and we made prior reservations. This was to celebrate a birthday. The front desk clerk, Marie, left a message at 7:15 that the card used was unable to process and gave us until 8pm to respond. We returned the call at 7:45 and she had already given our room away. It took us an hour and a half to find another room and we had to drive to Corvalis to find one. Luckily, the nice people at the OSU Hilton Garden Inn treated us great. The people at the Double Tree were nice on the phone too - they just didn't have the room - but they did help us to find one. Marie at the Comfort Inn was rude, uncaring and she hung up on us after she let us know that she gave our room away. This is the worst customer service that I have ever experienced - and it ruined the birthday celebration!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your comments. We understand your frustration and we do apologize.
We do require a credit card that can be authorized on the day of arrival. Without a guarnatee we are unable to continue to hold a room. We will work to make sure that this is presented in a better manner. We hope in the future you will give us another chance.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here in Aug. 2014 for several days while judging OREGON STATE FAIR.
Negatives-yes, mine had the same dip in tub, which pooled water. Yes I slipped. The other is that to stay here you need a car, or, they need to get a shuttle, or, you get a lot of cab fees,
Positives--this hotel has good staff. The rooms are well equipped(good beds, bedding, new Samsung flat-screens, all amenities, even decent coffee.
Breakfast is among the best in any hotel. Bacon crisp, 2 kinds of sausage, good coffee, creamers, waffles, good gravy, biscuits, etc.-----they also provide a decent light dinner 3 x each week(saw/smelled/didn't taste)----------
I would stay here again without even thinking twice

Room Tip: Have your own source of travel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DrWalter
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Kind Regards,

Dorane Pederson

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We thought the hotel was very nice and in a good area. Our room was pretty spacious and the bed was very comfortable! They had a great complimentary breakfast and they even offered snacks. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Kind Regards,

Dorane Pederson

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great service. Rooms are a little dated. I'm sure it was just my issue, but I stayed there 14 nights and the bath tub had a dip in it that never drained the water. Pooled in the middle. The tub was so slick I slipped and almost fell out twice until I started grabbing extra bath mats with suction off the maids cart. Ended with 4 before I was slipping around.
The bed was fine. The location of the hotel is right off I-5 and quiet though. Close to lots of places to eat and shop. It nearly shares a parking lot with the Residence Inn across from it...no view.
Everything was fine except breakfast. Same egg patty and sausage links for 10 days straight and finally had some bacon for a couple days. Do yourself a favor on a long stay, go to Walmart around the corner and get cereal and milk.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the issues that occurred during your visit. I was very happy to hear that our staff did a great job taking care of you. We take these comments and do our very best to create changes that help to make our hotel better everyday. We look forward to having you stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

QUIET, CLOSE to I-5, very nice surroundings, easily accessible, nice clean rooms. Great for family and business. Also close to Costco. Friendly service good breakfasts. Great beds. Nice grounds and patio areas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Other than hair on towels and in bed and shower the stay was nice. Peaceful location with food close by. I wish they would have cleaned the shower area and restocked the paper products but over all clean and nice. The breakfast was outstanding! lots to choose from.. I would stay again just for the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We appreciate your review. We want to apologize for the issues you encountered. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Comfort Suites Airport is located directly across from the Marriott: Residence Inn. In order to get there, coming off of I-5, take a right onto Hawthorne, where you will hit a light. Go through the light and after the bridge, take the first right and go straight back. Comfort Suites is on the left hand side.

There is one thing that I must say about Comfort Suites, and the Residence Inn as well. If one is booked, they will refer you to the other one right there. They're customer service is good, and the Comfort Suites hotel is built in the true heritage style of the Comfort Suites brand--blue hallways, wide, and very much 'comforting' after a long trip.

They're breakfast area is excellent and hails from a much posher hotel, so to speak. Breakfast is heavily attended and the sitting is quaint, and well, very comforting! Yes, I use quite a bit of puns-some I meant too and some I can't quite help.

On the very top floor are their true suites. I was staying in the jacuzzi suite, and let me tell you, wow! The decor needs to be updated, agreed. But one look at the jacuzzi tub and your eyes will forgive the decor! It is the largest actual in-room jacuzzi suite in the area actually capable of fitting 4 or more adults! The room ceiling skyrockets above you as the immaculateness and cleanliness of the room cannot be overlooked. Its also extremely quiet and the top floor makes you feel like a star as it has its own sitting area, and is only for access to the 6 or 8 suites there. And of course, the elevator will bring you right to that area!

If you don't put down a credit card, expect to pay a $150 deposit at check-in. Understandable with the size of the jacuzzi. The rooms have larger hotel refrigerators, as in you can put an 18-pack of pepsi in there and still have room for ice cream and goodies, and comes complete with coffee maker, wet bar, and ironing board and iron. Yes, odd of me to mention the ironing board and iron, but its the best in town and guaranteed to get the wrinkles out of your clothing!

The bathroom amenities are to die for! They are fresh, not overly chemical to the point of clinging to your skin, and the water is soft, not hard like many of the hotel establishments in the area. If you rent the same room I did, they'll even have combs, showering cap, etc. ready for you!

A job well done Comfort Suites! I do hope that you have plans for upgrades of the rooms but I hope this review puts you on the map as an A+ grade from myself.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites and you are 100% guaranteed to get a good nights rest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014