“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Salem
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was looking for a place that I could relax and escape the fast-paced world. Wanted something local, close to places that I may wish to visit (like a grocery store, fast-food, restaurant, etc.). Red Lion was the perfect choice, they did not seem to mind when we checked in late. They treated my son like he was a special guest instead of snarling their faces because a child was present. The hotel was very clean and very relaxing! I would go again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Nikki M
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to create a truly unique experience for our guests. We want this to be your home away from home, where you can relax and leave it all to us. Locally inspired - seasonally fresh cuisine in our award winning restaurant, soothing libations and cool tunes in the 3301 Ultra Lounge, and a luxurious atmosphere are just some of our wonderful features. We look forward to assisting you in your next escapade!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Springfield
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I travel often for both business and pleasure and are so happy to have found Salem Red Lion. We stayed on the 4th floor in a beautifully appointed room that included a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom and vanity were separate so we could get ready at the same time. The pillow top bed and upgraded linens provided me the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time! Super friendly staff in both the restaurant and the hotel made this a wonderful stay!

1 Thank Lori P
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to have been able to provide you with such a pleasurable experience. It is our mission to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guests. Please come back and visit us again in the near future!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We used the Red Lion for a meeting with guest rooms and they were great. I really liked the meeting space. The banquet food was also great and I love the fact that they had a restaurant on site for our guests to hang out.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with the level of service you received. We hope to see you back here again in the near future!
Salem
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Do not stay at this dump. The place is old, the rooms are disgusting, and the area is unsafe. After checking in, I tried to cancel the reservations for the 4 nights. I was too late, so I cancelled the remainder of my reservations, paid for one night and immediately left to another hotel.

1 Thank Ronald R
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected when you checked in and due to the condition of the hotel, you did not stay. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Portland, Or
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was decent, but is not necessarily the resort advertised. The evening service at the Ultra Lounge was non existent, so I left there to find the hot tub and found that had been filled with cement... bummer. Did a couple rounds in the pool and returned to the room for a quiet night in. There might have been one other person staying down the hall I was booked on, the only evidence of that is the same room service tray sat on the floor outside a door during the entirety of my stay, about 15 hours... The room I had was very nice and the bathroom is massive, made it easy to share as an extra door separates the toilet from everything else.

2 Thank Lindsay B
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us the opportunity to earn your business. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of a hot tub in the pool area. We do offer suites with a private whirlpool tub for your leisure. We would like to invite you to reserve one of our whirlpool suites on a future stay.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked with Expedia for a stay on September 13th and 14th thinking I would be getting a good rate, however when I checked in the hotel price when we chaecked in, it was the same as what I would get with Expedia, the BIG difference is that since booking with Expedia I was charged for breakfast, that came out to be an extra $150. for a 2 day stay! There were 7 of us. That made the Hotel price an extra $75 a day for the 2 rooms.
The hotel staff was very good. The rooms were vicely done.
Pool was wonderfull, just need a Jacuzzi!
My daughters used the work out room and the equipment needs some work on if you are offering this please maintain it.
The breakfasts offered on the menu was nicely done, but we had 2 children with us tand the waitress did not offer a childs menu on the first day and we didn't know of it till the second day when the other waitress offered it, the breakfast for them would have been cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet P
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Salem. We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is crucial to maintaining a superior level of quality and service, and is greatly appreciated.
Seattle
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We opted for this Red Lion instead of another (generally) higher end chain hotel a couple blocks away, because of the great pricing through the Red Lion R&R Club (their rewards/membership program). Check in was smooth and the front desk staff was genuinely nice and informative. Th rooms do feel older, as do many of the characteristics of the hotel.... but, the rooms we found to also be comfortable and clean. Our room had a hardwood entry, which was unique. The bathroom tub surround was newer and stylish and again...clean. Our room did have a microwave and small refrig. and the beds and pillows were comfortable.
While I didn't visit the lounge, there is apparently a bartender named James who is good as they come - another member of our traveling group remembered him from years prior!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that doesn't look directly out over the top of a lower section of a bu...