“Good, reasonable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newport, United States
“Good, reasonable”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good accomodations at a reasonable price. The breakfast left something to be desired, but the pool was clean, small fitness center was useful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is fair -- I could have done without the powerful parking lot light outside my window.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SandyOR, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad you were able to enjoy our exercise facilities and pool during your stay. Our staff here takes great pride in making every guests stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sandy.

Heather R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend because we attended at wedding nearby. The facility was clean and fairly updated and the front desk personnel was friendly and accommodating. We arrived 90 minutes before the wedding and had time to quickly change before heading out. Within 30 minutes of our arrival, the toilet was plugged. I called the front desk to alert them and expected someone from maintenance to come up to take care of the situation. Instead, a plunger was dropped off for us to use.

Being that my husband and I paid to stay the night, we did not feel we were expected to be the "plumbers" on-site. I called the front desk asking if they could resolve the situation while we were at the wedding and gave them permission to enter the room. We returnd five hours later and the toilet was in the same state as when we left. It was not 10:00 pm and we were ready to sleep given the drive to Sandy, OR from Redmond, WA earlier in the day so my husband spent 10-15 min unplugging the toilet. I was told the facility was "sold out" and moving to another room was not available.

Needless to say, we will not stay at this Best Western if we are in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JulieReond
Dear JulieReond,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. I hope that you will return and allow us to show you how much we truly do care about our guests and there satisfaction.

Meridian, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly. I would suggest staying at this hotel to anyone. It is located ina great area. you can travel anywhere you please without a lot of traffic and shopping centers are very close to your stay.

Dear Jessie M.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Yakima, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice room, and a good location. The staff was very helpful. I had noisy neighbors but overall I would stay there again. This is a great location for skiing at Mt. Hood and a reasonable distance from Portland for sightseeing. My only problem aside from noisy neighbors was the bedside clock was broken. However, I forgot to report it before I left.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jeremiah H, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Judi D,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate the compliments to our staff and hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again. Thanks for letting us know about the bed side clock so we could replace it.
Camino, California
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Had a great 2 night stay while visiting a relative in Sandy. Hotel was very nice, room and bed very comfortable. Shower water pressure was good. Safeway was next door which was handy for quick food. Breakfast buffet was the usual. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Only complaint would be not much for TV channels even though they had Direct TV. They did have DVD's at the front desk you could check out. Wifi seemed slow, I used my own Mifi. We changed rooms because the first seemed dark and the second room overlooked the roof and A/C unit which wasn't the best view but was okay. No problems with noise.

Room Tip: Look at the view out window before taking it.
Dear kruizerkarol,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate the compliments to our staff and hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Staff was wonderful!
Beds were great but... light bulb on night stand was burnt out, only one hot cup for beverages was available and nothing for cold drinks. Looked like someone had forgotten to stock the room.
Room was clean and atmosphere of room was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeremiah H, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear gtrobert69,
Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 503.668.7100.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I drove my son 2360 miles across the country to start his new job at Windell's Academy. I stayed here for three nights. Overall, it was a nice experience. It is a smaller property so I got to chat with some of the same staff members every morning at breakfast. The pool area is very small as is the jacuzzi and work out room. The hotel is walking distance to fast food and groceries. Bed was comfy and shower was powerful. I opted out of housekeeping because I was in the room all day long waiting for my son to get out of work. Overall, a nice experience and I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jeremiah H, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear LoandSpenMom,
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Jeremiah H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Quality Inn Gresham
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#12 of 143 in Portland

Been to Best Western Sandy Inn? Share your experiences!