“Peanut Butter on a burger???”

Calamity Jane's Hamburger Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Peanut Butter on a burger???”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped in last night on our way home from Bend. It was our first time there. (Pop). Thyra was our waitress, she was so much fun. She really knew the food and lead us stray, in a good way. After telling us about the "Honey loving Jimmy Carter Peanut Butter burger" she suggested adding bacon, my hubby just had to try it. Truly amazing, who thought this one up. "Brilliant" I ordered the pastrami burger, yum! Then she told us about the Bacon shake. I added that flavor to my peanut butter shake. WOW, is the only way to explain it. The fries were excellent, fresh and crispy. There is even a burger bar where you can add more goodies to your burger. Only thing that that would have made my 4 a 5 on Atmosphere, is a bit more lighting. We will be stopping in more often as we travel the pass many times each year. Enjoy

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Andrea R

Portland, Oregon
“We paid in full for rotting spoilt food”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stopped at Calamity Jane's in Sandy, OR on Friday 05/24/2013 on our way to Eastern Oregon for the Memorial Day weekend. Our last visit there two years ago was average or about 3 stars overall. This time we ordered their cole slaw and their signature milk shakes before our hamburgers and sandwiches came in. The only way to describe their cole slaw was that it was old, smelled rotten and had that SPOILT FOOD taste. We asked the waitress to take it back. We overheard her arguing with an angry male voice in the kitchen about that rotten cole slaw. They replaced it with a small salad but then charged us for it anyway! Then my wife discovered a small ROTTEN portion in our toddler's sandwich meat when it was already half-eaten. They charged us for that too. We PAID in full and left without arguing but we would NEVER stop there again, ever! My wife and toddler developed severe stomach CRAMPS that night. Terrible start to our holiday weekend. Calamity Jane was a calamity for our palates, senses of smell, bellies and wallets. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE making customers pay for old and rotten food!

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank RoyalBeat
bremerton
“Its A Little Bit Country and little bit back in the Hills. Or maybe Cowboy style.”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

It has been many years since I have been there but I will always remember how much I enjoyed Clamity Janes's. They use to serve there hamburgers in a large cast Iron pan But I beleive they use those old metal tin pie like plates. rustic atmosphere, when it is slow you don't see the energy the place has but the help has always been cheerfully pleasant. I remember some of the best hamburgers. Better then red robin! There hamburgers are big enough to share with all the figgins and home frys. Yum Yum. Go hungry leave stuffed and satisfied.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank kim b
Olympia
“Our Family Tradition”
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Our 3rd Ski trip to Mt Hood has come to always include a meal here. Best milkshakes and burgers ever! Service is always friendly, fun and Fast! Yeah the place is a little dungy, but its an old saloon with lots of character. We first came here because of the great Trip Advisor reviews. As a 3rd time customer with another great experience, i find the more recent reviews are unfair. Want a fun family experience with great burgers, give it a try. Live Happy!

2 Thank Kara B
Welches
“Never going away hungry...can't eat it all!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Halibut fish and chips huge and very good. I took 3 of the 4 pieces home. Chocolate Raspberry milkshake wonderful and I love the seasoned fries. The help is very efficient and friendly. Hamburgers very large tasty and filling.
Only complaint is they were filling the wood box for the evening's business and we were close to the side door being used and it was snowing and cold. However...we were also near the wood stove being used to heat the place. We survived.
I recommend trying Calamity Jane's and judge for yourself . It's a very good hamburger joint that also has other very good choices. I think they even have the option to eat healthy if you want.