“Wonderful staff!”

Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I am so impressed by this hotel. Yes, the room was typical for the price range and the breakfast was minimal (mostly carbs so didn't work for diabetics), but the staff made our stay absolutely terrific. Friendly, helpful, pleasant! They really went the extra mile for us, both during our stay and two weeks later when I called about an item we lost.

Room Tip: We asked for ground floor, and were able to park right in front of our room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Wilma P,

Thank you for your wonderful comments; I have shared them with my staff! We work hard to treat each guest as special and insure they have the “affordable excellence” that Shilo Inns are known for and we are glad it shows. I am also very pleased we were able to take care of your lost & found item! See you again soon!!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Mid-quality hotel with splashes of bargain updates. Personnel is friendly and helpful. Hotel is OK if you don't pay much and have no high expectation. Several blocks from major enternaining district. Bit it's workable for saving $-when you stay a few blocks closer to waterfront, prices are up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Jacob1993

Thank you for bringing for taking to share with about your recent stay. I am so sorry that things were not what you expected. Please know, we take every comment seriously as they help us in so many ways. I would also be grateful if could take a moment and give me a call here at the hotel so I could discuss this with you.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We loved our stay in this Shilo. After reading the reviews of the ocean view (Prom) Shilo, we chose to stay a few blocks off the beach at this Shilo. The rate was the lowest in Seaside, but the service far exceeds the price. Upon arrival, the desk clerk welcomed us and made sure we knew everything about what the hotel had to offer, including where the nearest stores ect. were. We chose a room across the hall from the pool. At first I was a little worried about staying in this room with children, because the pool is open 24 hrs... but our entire stay was quiet and comfortable. The beds were soft and comfortable, with extra pillows and towels to go around. The room was super clean and also had a large flat screen T.V. Free breakfast was wonderful, especially with a cup of Seattle's best coffee. The pool is a little worn out, but the kids didn't care, and had a great time. My husband and I enjoyed the hot tub, sauna and steam room. FYI, there is a liquor store a block a way, so we were able to enjoy a cocktail after a relaxing day at the beach. Staff was wonderful, location was wonderful, the weather was wonderful (amazingly), and we had a great weekend.

Room Tip: Rm. 105 was awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank beachlovingNWfam
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear BeachlovinNWfam,

We are so glad you took the time to share with us about how wonderful your stay was; it made our day! All of us here at Shilo Inns work hard to insure that all of our valued guests have a relaxing and enjoyable time while they are with us and we appreciate knowing that we did that for you. It is important for us to know what we do well…and not so well, thank you again! We look forward to your next visit with us in the future!
Best regards,

Shilo Inns- Seaside East

Reviewed 29 December 2011

The lady that worked at the desk was very nice but thats about all that was good about this place. The pool was dirty and the hot tub didn't work. The room had a funny smell. I went and got some ice and there was some big black chucks frozen in the ice. The maintence guy said it was dust particles. Sure was awful big chucks for dust. He didnt seem like it was a hbig deal but if he got ice like that and put it in his glass with his soda and drank it I am sure he wouldnt of liked it either. And the hot tub had stuff floating in it .Bed was hard pillows werent that great. There was sticky stuff on the bed spread.I have pictures of the chucks in the ice if you would like to see it. By the way I have allergys and dust is one of them. I got a bad headache. We had to cut are vacation short. Oh and the breakfast was a joke.Worse hotel i have ever stayed at.Maintance guy needs to go back to school.We werent the only ones unhappy. Tv was from the 1950's.The Gal at the front desk was very nice and was grossed out by the black stuff as well.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwb813
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay. We appreciate when our guests let us know how their stay went whether good or not so good, it is how we make our hotel better. Our guests are very important to us and we want them to be able to relax and enjoy themselves.
I know we also talked during your stay about the ice machine and lack of DVD hookup for the TV and the pool. I wanted to again express that your concerns about the ice machine were immediately addressed; I can’t thank you enough for bringing it to our attention as it did need to be serviced. We are looking at a way to be able to hook up DVD players and game systems but at this time, unfortunately our movie provider does not allow for that, I am so sorry about this! We are also looking at changing the color of the pool as it wasn’t dirty; it is just the surface color of the pool (light green) that in certain light does not look as appealing as it could. I was not aware however of the other room issues and definitely wish to apologize for any inconvenience, as I said before, our guests needs are important to us and we want to make every effort to make sure you enjoy your stay.
Shilo Inns- Seaside East

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Homey Inn with pleasant service, clean room, one mile to beach, comfortable beds and pillows. Pool open all the time with saunas. We'll stay there again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Juliehforbes,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay! We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon! Our guests do love our comfy beds and our large rooms but they seem to rave most about our pool being open twenty four hours a day. It means that you can have a relaxing swim at anytime, day or night.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Good parts---the location while not on the beach was within walking distance**beds were comfortable**room was spacious with a full size couch**inexpensive
Bad parts---room and linens very tired and worn**we had to find our own towels in the laundry as we were told a room with 2 queen beds is only allowed 3 towels, but the next morning housekeeping took the extra towels we had gotten the night before! Also, I asked for our bathroom to be cleaned and was told it's a service they only do before check-in and after check-out!**mold in tile of bathrooms**continental breakfast was a joke**carpets badly stained

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nellie P
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for sharing about your stay, I am so glad you enjoyed our location at Shilo Inn Suites, Seaside East. Many people appreciate the fact that while we are not on the beach, we are close enough to walk to it and yet quiet because we are just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. People also love the size of our rooms which are larger than a standard hotel room and well appointed.

We are taking your suggestions seriously. We have changed the number of towels we place in the room and I have spoken to the staff and explained that we need to be more diligent in responding to all our guest’s needs. We do try to offer a good variety of breakfast items and I wish it had met your needs. Please know, we value our guests and want everyone to be able to relax and have fun. I do hope you return and that you also choose Shilo when you travel.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

For the cost of our room ($150 per night, queen bed - minimum 2 night stay) I wouldn't come back. The free internet was nice, but the beds and pillows were rock hard, the walls were terribly thin (we listened to our neighbors conversations and TV, even though they did not appear to have it turned up inappropriately loud), and the maid service was awful -- they shorted us on towels and didn't bother to make up the bed. Continental breakfast was bagels & danishes basically, which was okay, but the coffee wasn't very good. If this had been a $40/night place I wouldn't be so negative, but for the price we paid it was a rip-off.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara J
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

I am so sorry that your stay was less than perfect! Please know that we appreciate the time you have taken to share with how your stay went. I wish we had known that your bed and pillows were not satisfactory as we would have addressed the issue immediately for you. Also, provided we have the availability, we also would have been very willing to relocate you to a quieter room on the property. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department.
Again, thank you for the time you have taken to share with us. We hope you will consider staying with us again at Shilo Inns Seaside East.