“Good budget choice” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Seaside
Washington
“Good budget choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

Had a brief visit earlier in the week and me and my husband were both satisfied with our stay.Checked in Tues evening and the front desk person walked us to our room to make sure all was in order and it was. We got a room on the far end with a view of he river.
Room furnishings appeared to be newer then the carpet and the tile could be replaced in the bathroom.
The shower had adjustable pressure and was enjoyable.
The bed was comfortable as well and pillows were fine.
Bathroom amenities were modest a cpl small soaps and shampoo.
We never used the pool or went for the Continental breakfast so could not comment about it.
We thought we got a fine deal for the price we paid in the summer high season.
Was located on the quieter end of Hollady and the place appeared to be full,We had two restful nights sleep.
Tried a new place for breakfast closer to the hotel called Mckewons and we really enjoyed it watch out pig n pancake you got some competition there.
We had to leave a day early as we had a family situation and staff was kind enough to say they were sorry they couldn't give us a refund because of having got our room through priceline.
It is not luxury by any means but was a clean comfortable room in which to enjoy the beautful Oregon coast and we would return in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Msdede, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 29 August 2010
Dear demetria44:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were very glad to hear that our accommodations suited your needs. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. It’s great to know that we met our goal with you during your stay. We wish you and your family safe travels.

Please come and see us again.

Dede – Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

We got a great deal on Priceline so as budget travelers, we appreciated being able to stay near the beach at a good price. Unlike previous reviews, we found the staff to be very friendly offering maps of the area and helpful directions to the downtown area. We preferred the location--not right on the beach but within walking distance--and easy driving distance between Cannon Beach and Astoria as we wanted to visit both. Our room on the second floor was on the inside hallway. I'd recommend requesting a room off the interior hallway rather than the outside.

The breakfast wasn't spectacular but the receptionist when we checked in explained that it was "modest" so we didn't have great expectations. The oatmeal with a delicious orange and coffee was all that we needed. We spent most of our time visiting Astoria, Cannon Beach, and Manzanita, with dinner in Gearhart and Astoria for the 2 days/nights that we were there.

It really depends on what you're looking for--if you're looking for a clean, simple room at a good price this might just be your kind of place. On the other hand, if you're looking for elegance or a romantic get-away you should probably consider another option.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Msdede, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 22 August 2010
Dear Marsle;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your comments with us. Your positive comments regarding the staff and service enlighten our day. We are so glad to know that we made a positive contribution to your vacation. There is so much to see and do here in Seaside; we are very happy that you had opportunity to enjoy it.

Please come and see us again.

Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

We booked rather last minute for 2 nights in mid-August. Most hotels I looked at online were either full or way higher priced than we were looking for. Shilo East was still a little more, but w/ continental breakfast, it was ok. The building looked a little rundown in the online pics, and there were some negative comments about the breakfast, but I decided to trust the Shilo name.........my mistake. This must be one of the Shilo Inn's oldest, most rundown locations. There were weeds and grasses growing out of the gutters. We had a single queen room on the 3rd floor, and while it was spacious, it was also very dingy and old looking. I agree with a previous reviewer; worry more about the way the rooms look than about the fancy TV, and provide a decent shower before you put a 3rd phone in the bathrooom. Basic ammenities were good; micro, fridge, ironing board, hair dryer, but the overall impression of the room was just dirty. The cobweb in the corner over the door didn't help this. The bed was borderline uncomfortable and the walls were thin, but mostly it was the creaking and the unexplained sounds (in the roof above us?) that made sleeping hard. The breakfast..............wow! Pay attention to those negative comments in the reviews. It was two small tables in the lobby where people are in and out, and consisted of a couple of packaged pastries, instant oatmeal and bananas that were more brown than yellow, When I asked about hot water, the man put some in a coffe cup for me and gave me a tray to take it back to my room. Totally felt like it was so I didn't take more than one. Some people have mentioned a waffle maker (including the woman who took my reservation), but there was no sign of that. The 2nd morning we went to a cafe up the street to eat. I asked for a complimentary USA Today as their lobby sign indicated was available, and was told the only paper they had was the one to buy outside.

1 Thank DandS2009
Msdede, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Dear DandS2009;
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is through candid comments such as yours that we learn how we can better serve you. I regret that our breakfast did not meet your expectation. I am sure that the fellow that handed you the cup of water was, in his mind, trying to be helpful. I will speak to the staff about being helpful but not being overbearing. We work very hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for our guests. When this is not accomplished we are all disappointed.

Please consider visiting us again.

Sincerely

Dede - Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I booked online not a good idea we were locked in for two nights, the walls were so thin we could hear every thing on all walls, we had a room with a king bed. The room was large that was nice. the room was filthy honstly the the sheets were clean and the towels were changed, gargage under our bed, mold on the shower curtin mold in the tiles urin on the toilet rim, It was not cleaned prior to my check in. I could go on but you get the just of it, The staff was nice at check in. Oh the pool was so cloudie we wouldnt dare go in, and this place was not cheep, $130.001st night $90.00 on sunday. It might have helped if housekeeping wasnt in the parking lot smoking every 15 minutes i kid you not. never again will i stay at this shilo.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Msdede, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 25 July 2010
Dear Japarker44:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I was truly frustrated by the condition in which you found your room. Please accept our apologies and our assurance that this is not the standard in which we operate our hotel. We regret not having the opportunity to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. We want all of our guests to stay in a clean, quiet and comfortable room. When this does not happen, we are all disappointed.
I respectfully request that you come and visit us again; our staff would welcome the prospect to restore your trust in the Seaside East Shilo Inn.
Dede – Hotel Management
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

I consider myself easy to please and was not expecting luxury for the rock bottom Hotwire rate of $68. I booked over the phone and proceeded to the hotel. There was one very elderly woman working the front desk. She was very rude to all the customers who had no reservations. There were 3 people in front of us and we waited, no kidding, 40 minutes. Woman was unable to use the computer and had to start over registering each guest several times. When I got up front, my reservation "could not
be found", although no attempt was made to assist me, even though I had a confirmation number. It was suggested that I return "in 2-3 hours" even though it was already 9PM. I was also told that a room "may or may not be available" at that time, as more walk-in guests wer arriving. Went to my car and promptly called central reservations and the reservation was there all along. Ended up with the last room, queen size bed for an adult and teen. The rudeness and unwillingness to help of this woman were shocking and a disgrace. Guests in front of me in line also all left mad for various reasons. Room and proximity to sights was what I would expect of any motel.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Msdede, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Dear Rose062684;
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the service that was provided the day you checked in; I assure you that steps have been taken to avoid a repeat of such an occasion.

Your opinion means much to me and I humbly request that you give us one more chance to show you our Shilo Hospitality that we pride ourselves in.

Respectfully submitted;

Dede

Seaside East Shilo Management.
Aloha,Oregon ( Near Portland)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

This was not what we were expecting. The hotel was old and outdated on the outside with exterior rooms. The continental breakfast was not was the web site said it was. There are 2 tables next to the front desk with packaged donuts and muffins. Coffee and some juice. NOT good and not worth the money.. other places do a much better spread! The staff are super nice so that was a bonus. The room we had was decent with 2 queen beds and a hide a bed couch. The rooms were redecorated also.
The pool area was nice but small. They have 2 saunas. 1 hot tub, and a small pool. It worked for my family but we were alone when we were there. I would not stay here again and instead choose the Holiday Inn express which is much nicer and closer to the boardwalk area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Msdede, management at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Dear Ms. CountryCoffeeHouse;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel and commenting on the friendly staff at the Shilo Inn Suites – Seaside. I am sorry to learn however, our continental breakfast fell short of your expectations. As you mentioned, we are away from the boardwalk area but close in proximity to other local attractions. Our location also provides a quiet place to rest once you have enjoyed your day on the coast with a room rate that offers affordability and excellence.

We hope to see you again.

Sincerely;

Seaside Suites East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

We found a really reasonable price for Labor Day weekend at the Shilo Inn in Seaside. We wanted a hotel that was clean and allowed dogs-- and this place was both. The decor was a little outdated but the room was clean and comfortable. We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple