“Highly Recomended”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Highly Recomended”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Reasonably priced. Coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave in all non kitchen units. Flat Screen televisions in all rooms. Walking distance to arcade, mall, aquarium, shops, restaurants, boardwalk, and beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Christopher-version1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've visited this motel a few times, it's cheap and you get the essentials without hassle - bed, microwave, coffee, AAA discount, bath, etc. It's no luxury resort, but if you need to crash for a night or two without fuss, it's a good place to go.

Lots of parking as well, and only a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank benwwinn
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

OK, if you've read some of the other reviews here you'll see some widely varying opinions on this motel. I'll try to explain why here.

If you're looking for a sleek and modern facility look elsewhere. This is an older motel but the owners take care of it and the rooms are comfortable and clean, so if you're not fussy about decor then you'll be fine. They are actively improving things but I can't imagine this place exactly being a gold mine and there are a lot of rooms so it's fair enough for that to happen in stages.

The staff were great. We had a breakdown while we were staying there and they were very helpful, sympathetic and let us go back in our room after we'd checked out while we waited for help to arrive.

If I wanted a resort hotel experience I wouldn't go to Seaside in the first place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Toofones
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had a deal for this motel and decided to make this a trip for me and my son. The room we were given was a little outdated but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV went out in our room and they attempted to fix it and when it couldn't be fixed, they moved us to a different room for our 2nd night. The entire staff was kind and helpful. One downside is the pool is small (not a problem for us) and could only be accessed by asking a staff member to unlock it. All in all, good experience and I would be willing to stay here again. Wonderful staff & great prices!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank swissy327
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked this hotel at the last second via Priceline. I wasn't expecting much and I'm glad I wasn't.

Hotel still issues actual keys for the door (not the magnetic cards). A bit confusing to find the room, as there were 200's on both first and second floor but I eventually found mine- a tiny room up a musty corridor with views of buildings to my front and right (I think this might be "the room" for this property). Not much going on in the small room, the bed was ok and a flat screen TV with a full array of channels, but everything else looked as though it was from the 1960s. I couldn't figure out how to use the tableside lamps (they wouldn't turn on when I turned the switch). A good way to get around the nothing-but-two-prong outlets in the room is to find the adapter they use for the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker and take one of them out from the adapter to plug in your three-prong.

The sink and shower water did take quite a long time to warm up, but stayed warm once made warm (I had been worried that it might run out quickly due to the age of the place). There was no mirror directly above the sink (instead an old one was mounted above the toilet, so I had to shave over the toilet to see what I was doing.

The property is truly in the center of the town, which is a big win. You are steps away from just about anything in downtown Seaside. I went for a run along with river and then up and down the entire Prom (pedestrian-only walkway along the shore) without having to move my car.

A somewhat rough crowd about the place (tatooed, smokers, wrinkly skin, etc.).

Overall, probably not a place I'd want to stay more than one night, but if you're headed to Seaside to experience the town and just want a place to sleep for a couple of days, go for it if the price is right. The name brands surrounding this place go for $80-$100 per night whereas this place is about $50.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark F
Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This Motel was AWFUL!! I read other reviews before I started this one and I noticed the management keeps throwing around the word "renovating" Just like they told me when I was booking that it was newly renovated and we would LOVE it. NOPE!! It is FAR from renovated! They have a flat screen and new siding from what I saw, maybe a new sink which is a cold water only sink. but look closely or you may be distracted by the mold all over the blinds and pink tile everything and Gross toilet paper roll holders that you will miss the sink!

Cons:
#1 The rooms are Tight, Dark, Smelly (animal urine)
#2 Furniture and Appliances look to be from the 60's (beds look new and are comfortable but the rest of the room just kills it)
#3 TV was all static (TV was a mounted flat screen, only upgrade I noticed in the room)
#4 I couldn't charge my laptop because there are no 3 prong outlets.
#5 Pink Tile NASTY Showers. And Ice cold water or boiling. No in between.
#6 Bathroom was the size of a closet. No warm water in sink.
#7 Noise is crazy.. Our neighboring rooms kept us up almost all night including a screaming match at 2 am (right next to front office) and no one around to come shut them up.
#8 MOLD.. burnt Matches.. Cigarette Butts.. Room was not clean EWW!
#9 They throw around the word "renovated" because apparently they have done minor renovating since purchase... don't get your hopes up that it is anything an average person will notice.
#10 Pool wasn't warm. :/

Pro:
#1 Awesome staff, Karen and Tarah, helped find us another hotel for a great price for second night we were in town and issued refund for that second night that we did not stay with them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adriana e
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We are currently renovating this older motel, however are far from being done. We are taking care of the issues. I am glad to hear Karen and Tarah helped to find you a room at our sister property for the second night. Thanks again for your feedback.
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Where do I begin? We were referred to City Center Motel by the Inn at Seaside because they were full. The Inn at Seaside said that they owned the City Center Motel and that it was not upscale but it was decent. The bathroom was tiny and it took FOREVER for the the hot water to begin flowing. There were hardly any electrical plug ins. There was not even a plug in for the coffee pot. The floor was uneven and what heat they had was ineffective. The rooms were tiny, cramped, and dark. I can't remember when I've stayed at a more unpleasant place, and I definitely will NOT be back.

Room Tip: I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this property.