“Great place to stay on a budget”
Review of City Center Motel

City Center Motel
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Love this place. We reserved the king plus 2 queens with a kitchenette and were very pleased. It was more like a little apartment than a motel. The king was in the main room and then there was two bedrooms with a queen in each. The kitchen has a full size fridge, sink and a stove. Not to mention dishes, cooking pans and utensils.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

We stayed three nights and had myself, my husband and three teen children plus our 5 month old lab. There was tons of room for everyone.

It is very central to everything. A block away from Broadway in one direction and a block away from the beach in the other. We will be coming back for sure!!

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Crisie B
There are newer reviews for City Center Motel

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

was traveling with my girl scouts. The room had a king and 2 queens and a pull out couch. All super comfy. 3 separate rooms, full kitchenette full size fridge stove plates and bowls cups. . The table only had seating for 3 but we survived. 2 blocks from the beavh, 2 blocks from Broadway main drag, and arcade and stuff. I was so amazed. So affordable. Very happy.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Debi W
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is located a quick 2 blocks from the beach and is right smack in the middle of seaside. We parked our car in the hotel lot and left it there. We walked everywhere we wanted to go! We got a great deal on a 2 queen room right across from the pool. $69 a night. you can't complain about that in Seaside! Our room was clean and had everything we needed. Sure, the rooms need a little refresh but they were not as "abused" as I was expecting. The room met our needs.
CONS: property is NOISY. Either blame thin walls or loud rude people talking loud at all hours of the morning, unfortunately.
Shower pressure and hot/cold is inconsistent. Be careful to not burn yourself. I assume this has to do with old plumbing system.
Pro's: Walking distance to promenade, beach, restaurants and things to do.
Comfortable beds, coffee maker in room, refrigerator and microwave were appreciated.
There is a laundry room on site with a couple of washers and dryers. Came in handy we had to do laundry once. Reasonably priced.
We enjoyed the WARM pool/hot tub. One end of the pool was kind of like a hot tub with jets and the pool was so WARM! It was very nice, although the pool area needs a little refresh as well.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here and found it to be an incredible deal. If you can handle a bit of noise, not only from loud people but from the fact that you have streets on all sides of you being that you are in the middle of town, you will do ok.
We stayed 3 nights.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kimod74
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We loved this little motel so much when we left for astoria, we decide to drive back to sea side and stay there again, staff here is the best of the best.... will be back again and plan on staying there.....rick

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Rick A
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great location, great price, friendly staff, clean, dog-friendly. Yes, it might be a little worn, but on a budget, it was a great place to stay. Only two blocks from the beach, and right in the center of town, so you could walk everywhere. It has a pool, but we mainly came into town for one evening for a beach campfire and sunset. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is an older Motel, but it was clean and very spacious.We had a 2 bedroom w/ queen beds and a King bed in the main room, so 3 beds and a kitchen gave us a lot of room to spread out.
The prices were very good considering the prices of other motels at Seaside- and its only a block from the beach!
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Even though this place shows it's age a bit- it was everything we wanted for a family beach vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Coloradofolk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Grabbed a reservation at the City Center for a couple of nights so my dog could enjoy the cool beach weather. If you're looking for a four star experience, keep looking. The City Center is a budget experience at a budget price.

Pros:

Location - Sited a couple of blocks from the main drag and a couple of block from the Prom, the City Center couldn't be in a better place.

Dog friendly - Got a dog, he'll be happy here.

Price - Relatively cheap, though I did notice that walk up patrons paid less than I did with my reservation, somewhat aggravating.

Cable - The television received 70-80 HD cable channels.

Cons:

Noisy - My room, 202, was two door down from the office. Sound was barely baffled and I could clearly hear the conversations of people passing by. My favs:
"My heart weighs with anger."
and
"He pushed me down and I was crying."
"Where was I?"
"You weren't there."

The room was tired. My dog spent most of the time in the room sniffing the well-worn carpet. The door didn't have a dead-bolt lock. (Other rooms did. I never discovered why mine didn't).

The desk clerks weren't very helpful, though I found the housekeeping staff to be friendly and attentive.

Didn't try the indoor pool. It looked small, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Room Tip: Avoid room 202 and try to get something away from the office and off the road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo