“Horrible!!!!!!”
Review of Mariner Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seaside
Mariner Motel
Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
OREGON
“Horrible!!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I don't know what hotel these other people were talking about, but it sure wasn't the mariner in seaside. I was there 2 days ago with my kids, and it was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. The entire room smelled like urine and poop. We left to go shopping as soon as we got there and thought maybe if we opened the windows it would be better. When we got back it had gotten warmer and the smell was worse. I went and asked the manager if we could move to another room, even a smaller one, and was told no because we had rented the room 2 hrs earlier so it was to late to move. This was at 3pm. So we left again and didn't come back until bed time. While getting ready for bed we discovered a huge urine spot on the top comforter and 2nd blanket!!! I had to walk to the managers office to get a clean one. They didn't even apologize or anything! I wasn't the only customer with these problems. We asked some of our neighbors and they said their rooms smelled too. Overall it was the worst lodgings I have ever came across...The only plus was the pool. That was why we stayed there in the first place. Price and pool. Definitely was NOT worth it!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank jessie0049

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheridan, Oregon
Reviewed 21 January 2009

During our very recent stay of 2 nights in this motel we found it to be very clean, well kept, and the room was well stocked. The room contained a working fridge and microwave. The NEW management was very friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs.
These new managers are quickly changing the image and coziness of this property, for the better.
We hope that the owners of the chain realize the immense value that they have in this management.
The Mariner has very reasonable and affordable off season rates.
On the downside, there is NO coffee in the office as advertised on the website for the Budget properties.
The owners should strongly consider placing coffee pots in each room, this would be a great plus for this property. The decor still retains the garage sale furnished look, but the furnishings are functional, if not a bit mismatched. I found the mattresses to be quite firm but still comfortable enough.
Overall, our stay was quite enjoyable and we plan to book our future trips to Seaside at the Mariner.

Portland
Reviewed 11 August 2008

While the people running this mom & pop motel are friendly enough, this place has all the charm of a trailer park. We were overwhelmed by the musty smell of our rooms, and were amazed at how poorly each room was furnished. It was like they furnished the rooms by visiting garage sales. The hot/cold facets were badly mismatched and the sink was old and stained. The pillows were mismatched and had comically mis-fitted pillow cases. The bed covers (in our non-smoking room) were old, thin, and had cigarete burns. There was exactly one Kleenex in the bathroom. As if that was not enough, all of our "neighbors" spent the evening smoking on on the front steps and arguing with each other. I felt like I needed to take a shower after spending a few hours in these rooms, but did not want to get near the disgusting shower stall.

Oh, and they charged my credit card before I even arrived and told me that they could not reverse/refund anything because the money was already "In the bank."

What a dump.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Coast River Inn
#19 of 27 in Seaside
City Center Motel
City Center Motel
#18 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Mariner Motel? Share your experiences!