“Great view, fairly good food, but not so friendly staff”

Maggie's on the Prom
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Price range: US$4 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Enumclaw, Washington
“Great view, fairly good food, but not so friendly staff”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Maggie's on the Prom was recommended to my husband and me for our first dinner in Seaside last week. The location is great--right on the promenade with a view of the ocean. Had it been warmer, we would have chosen to sit outside for even better viewing.

I ordered the scallops (only three, could have had one for two more for the price) and they were wonderful...cooked just right with a delicious plum sauce and the risotto was some of the best I have ever tasted. My husband, however, ordered the Willapa Bay oysters and they were not fresh. Besides tasting old, the serving size was small, as well.

The staff was less than friendly and welcoming. Our waitress seemed bored and did not appear to want to be there. The maître de was reserved and distant and the other staff person....not sure of her position....seemed unhappy. So, overall, not an inviting ambience staff-wise.

I would recommend this restaurant if you want an expensive meal with a nice view.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Enumclaw1991

Kelowna, British Columbia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The location and views of the Ocean while eating are spectacular. The friendly staff and food was excellent

Visited April 2014
1 Thank 20Mike
Marysville, Washington
“DO NOT GO THERE”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Liked soft comfy chairs and the view.Changing out a dishwasher why we were there. We will not be back.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Vineta G
Portland, Oregon
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

About once a year I get to eat here and I always enjoy it. The ingredients are fresh and the prices are reasonable. The view is fantastic, and if you are lucky enough to be here on a warm day the deck is gorgeous-beautiful plants and a great view of the beach. Seafood and cocktails here are delicious. I see that other reviewers have complained about the service, but we have always had very good service.

• Visited March 2014
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Went to Seaside for my birthday. We stayed at the World Mark Time Share and saw Maggie's listed in the book in the room. Since the weather was rainy we decided to go to Maggie's because it is close by. I had a half of the sea food salad and my partner had half the Ahi salad plus a bread tray. Both where wonderful! I had lots of salmon, shrimp and crab on my salad and my partner had asked to have the ahi well cooked. When it came it was done just right! We also enjoyed the lady who was at the piano singing. All in all it was a very nice birthday!!!

• Visited March 2014