“great ocean view”

Ranked #7 of 9 Seaside B&B and Inns
bellingham
“great ocean view”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Best value on Boardwalk, the only motels/ hotels with similar proximity to the ocean cost considerably more.. Friendly staff even offered a fresh home made muffin .Watch and hear the ocean or step outside onto the sand.Great family motel as the aquarium is on one side and kids activities of Seaside on the other side.Both upper and lower rooms offer great ocean views, upper rooms more privacy if that is what you want.Rooms slightly dated but if we wanted all the comforts of home we would have stayed home.
Definitely will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 850gale

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Let me start off first by saying that I accept some accountability for having to stay at this motel. It was a last minute coast trip us and a few friends decided to make. Which did not leave us many options being that we booked the room 24 hours prior to arriving. With that being said, when we arrived and approached the hotel at first glance it looked as if it would be a great place distracted by how close we were to the ocean front. As we pulled into the parking lot, that distraction quickly changed to "what the hell?". There was a triplex centered right in the middle of the parking lot that was actual residents live in full time! What?!?! I know crazy...but it gets better. From a long drive we are just happy to get out stretch our legs and get checked in. I went to the office, opened the door and was met with the loud stench of wet, nasty dog! I'm still trying to hold out hope that it will get better. Wrong! I get our keys and hesitantly walk to the room, open the door and what do we see? A blast from the past! There was an oddly placed end table just as you enter then my eyes instantly shifted to the beast of a refrigerator. Which was filthy and smelled of spoiled food by the way. On to the bathroom we go....there we see ORANGE yes ORANGE counter tops. I don't even want to speak on the shower....let's just say it looked like a petry dish of disease. Next we have the bed...oooh the bed. The mattress and box spring was covered in what looked like spilled crusted over food, drink, blood...you take a guess it was probably on there too. Luckily we were staying overnight. THANK SWEET BABY JESUS! We were also fortunate that we had some blankets in the car trunk (for footbal season, emergencies & now unexpected crappy hotel stays :)). We made due by not spending any more time in the room than we neccessarily had to. We were eager to check out the next morning...even waaaay before check out time. Needless to say, we would not be lodging with this hotel again unless they complete a total overhaul of their establishment. Word of mouth (good or bad) means carries alot of weight with consumers Oceanfront Hotel! Get it together!

Room Tip: Tip: There are none!
3 Thank S J

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can't say it's the worst hotel in the world, since I haven't seen every hotel in the world. But it's dreadful. Broken bed, rusty rails, missing tiles, worn out old junk. With the nerve to charge 168/night. Terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank TheSmythGroup
Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I made a reservation the morning before arrival, I received my confirmation and confirmation number in an email. After a 21/2 hr. drive, we arrived to be told "those rooms have been booked for weeks" but wait, I have a confirmation number, doesn't matter she says, the rooms booked. There is nothing worse that driving to the beach on a busy weekend and then being told you don't have a room. I had booked a larger second floor room because I know this place sits right on the prom and people walk just feet away from the rooms, I would have never booked a ground floor unit. Well, she just happened to have one available, surprise surprise. This room was very small, stinky and dusty, so we decided to call around and find another hotel and get the heck out of there. Although she seems like a nice lady, she needs to find out how people book online from her website yet show up and have no room! Luckily after wasting several hrs of my beach time, we found a room somewhere else, I didn't come to the beach to be on the phone looking for places that may have had a cancellation on a busy July weekend.
Buyer beware, don't assume you have a room unless you talk to the woman on the phone, very poor business practice.

1 Thank Cathy W
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My daughter and I always stay at this hotel over the 4th of July. We love the fact that our room overlooks the seaside promenade and while we love to cruise around the city ... we could sit in our room all day and just people watch. The staff are friendly. The room is a little run down, but it's clean and suitable for a weekend at the beach. We like to stay here over the 4th because you can sit in the room and have a front row seat for the fireworks without having to deal with the crowd and all the smoke from the bonfires. It's a little over-priced, but on par with all of the other hotels at Seaside. We always enjoy our stay, but we also believe that ANY day at the beach is a good day ... regardless of the accommodations!!

Woodinville, WA
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I really wanted to like this place. Cheap rates, great view, that's it for the good. The bad: Very old, original run down furnishings, and that's just a start. There is an apartment building with very questionable people coming and going at all hours in the parking lot. The manager is nice enough. My neighbors were banging and constantly running back and forth between their car all night, with loud music blaring. The manager moved me to another room because she was scared to confront them. only 1/2 the outlets worked. Same with light switches. Some rooms have HDTVs and electric fire places. stay next door at The Seashore for only $30 more, and get some rest.

Room Tip: Stay next door!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Happy_Camper_1972
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We called in our reservation a few days before our trip. I too was reluctant, looking at the mixed reviews.
The front office smelled of dog, but the lady checking me in was very nice. We got our key and went to our room. The first thing I noticed was the smoke alarm on the bed with the battery missing. The second was the room was cold. I looked around and saw there was a new smoke alarm on the ceiling. I then turned on the heaters. I opened the curtain and the view was great. Right on the beach.
There were only three other cars parked in the parking lot. It was quiet and I liked that they spread us out.
The bed box spring was dirty and my husband and I kept rolling into the middle. Not a real good nights sleep. The heater heated the room up too fast and we ended up turning the heater off. The water pressure was get in the shower and the towels clean.
Over all we had a good stay. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to turn the heat low on and check the room out before we arrived. It would have made us feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple