“Will stay again, but...”
Review of Ocean Front Motel

Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Seaside B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Will stay again, but...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We normally stay in the #9 cabin. This time was in an ocean front room. The room was clean and the view is wonderful. My only complaint is if I'm paying almost $150 a night, I shouldn't have to pay for shampoo and conditioner when all the other hotels supply it for free.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Renee1972

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Felt like I was in section 8. Room smelled old and bathroom had tape on the walls and rust stains under the sink . We arrived and was told their computer crashed and was asked if we wanted an upgrade to an upper level floor since they had given our room to someone else. We really had no choice. If that was an upgrade, I couldn't image what the lower level would have been like. The walls are so thin you could have a conversation with the people next to you. The doors to all the rooms close so loud it sounds like a bomb everytime one is shut. Didn't even supply shampoo. Called to have coffee packet delivered to room and never was. We found a 20% off the 2nd night in a Seaside coupon book and they wouldn't honor it. Their excuse was that they already had given us an upgrade and paid $10 less then we should have for the orginal booking. All in all we paid about $73 bucks a night which was far too much for those rooms. Never again!!!! Rockaway has a great budget place ocean front for $70 a night (25% off winter coupon online). Surfside Resort. No comparsion, way better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nanizl

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

vancouver
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The motel is located right on the boardwalk next to the aquarium, which was excellent. Our room or shall I say little apartment was excellent!. We had a full kitchen, bedroom with queen bed, as well as one in the living room, had a great view of the ocean and everyone on the beach. Is the motel older? Well yeah probably one of the oldest on the boardwalk, but that adds to the charm! and the location is excellent for everyone to go separate directions to have fun!. The office staff were very friendly as well. Have stayed in many 5 star hotels usually in vegas, but the oceanfront is a perfect place to stay while in seaside we don't go to seaside to marvel at the room amenities we go there to enjoy the ocean and the busyness and fun going on outdoors!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are ocean view. We had #9 which was like a little apartment, the view was partial...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CAROLYN C
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We arrived to find a room the size of my closet for two adults and two kids. Absolute filth! Smelt so horrible my kids started to get sick. Pillows stained! We were offered another room. Smelt better but we left the next day after watching bugs crawl into the holes in the fall that meets the walls. Ruined our trip we drove four hours for! We got so sick! I wouldn't let my dog sleep there! My husband is a construction worker and said he's never stayed in a place so distgusting! I was sooo upset!! Don't do it the pictures are a complete lie!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank kozuna
bellingham
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Best value on Boardwalk, the only motels/ hotels with similar proximity to the ocean cost considerably more.. Friendly staff even offered a fresh home made muffin .Watch and hear the ocean or step outside onto the sand.Great family motel as the aquarium is on one side and kids activities of Seaside on the other side.Both upper and lower rooms offer great ocean views, upper rooms more privacy if that is what you want.Rooms slightly dated but if we wanted all the comforts of home we would have stayed home.
Definitely will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 850gale
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Let me start off first by saying that I accept some accountability for having to stay at this motel. It was a last minute coast trip us and a few friends decided to make. Which did not leave us many options being that we booked the room 24 hours prior to arriving. With that being said, when we arrived and approached the hotel at first glance it looked as if it would be a great place distracted by how close we were to the ocean front. As we pulled into the parking lot, that distraction quickly changed to "what the hell?". There was a triplex centered right in the middle of the parking lot that was actual residents live in full time! What?!?! I know crazy...but it gets better. From a long drive we are just happy to get out stretch our legs and get checked in. I went to the office, opened the door and was met with the loud stench of wet, nasty dog! I'm still trying to hold out hope that it will get better. Wrong! I get our keys and hesitantly walk to the room, open the door and what do we see? A blast from the past! There was an oddly placed end table just as you enter then my eyes instantly shifted to the beast of a refrigerator. Which was filthy and smelled of spoiled food by the way. On to the bathroom we go....there we see ORANGE yes ORANGE counter tops. I don't even want to speak on the shower....let's just say it looked like a petry dish of disease. Next we have the bed...oooh the bed. The mattress and box spring was covered in what looked like spilled crusted over food, drink, blood...you take a guess it was probably on there too. Luckily we were staying overnight. THANK SWEET BABY JESUS! We were also fortunate that we had some blankets in the car trunk (for footbal season, emergencies & now unexpected crappy hotel stays :)). We made due by not spending any more time in the room than we neccessarily had to. We were eager to check out the next morning...even waaaay before check out time. Needless to say, we would not be lodging with this hotel again unless they complete a total overhaul of their establishment. Word of mouth (good or bad) means carries alot of weight with consumers Oceanfront Hotel! Get it together!

Room Tip: Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank S J
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can't say it's the worst hotel in the world, since I haven't seen every hotel in the world. But it's dreadful. Broken bed, rusty rails, missing tiles, worn out old junk. With the nerve to charge 168/night. Terrible.

• Stayed July 2013