“Excellent pasta and room service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 108 Restaurants in Seaside
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Inside Best Western Ocean View Resort 4th & Prom
Vancouver, BC
“Excellent pasta and room service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The fettucine alfredo with chicken was delightful and arrived hot. It was accompanied by a caesar salad (ask for dressing on the side as it was a bit heavy on the dressing) and bread sticks.

Visited July 2013
Terrance B, Owner at Salvatore's Cafe, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thanks for the great feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
“Great buffet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

we were staying at the Ebb Tide and walked next door for brunch for a first time try! all fresh fruit and the buffet basics were very tasty-very enexpensive for a brunch. we will go again!
fun decor too!

Visited July 2013
Thank you for choosing our restaurant and we are thrilled you were so pleased.
BC, Canada
“Good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great service at this restaurant located in the BW Oceanview. Great pesto pasta. Very wide variety of breakfasts that looked really good. Also a buffet breakfast for $10.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for the positive comments and feedback on your experience.
Redding, California
“Great clam chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Service was friendly, atmosphere pleasant but what sticks in my mind was that wonderful bowl of clam chowder and warm bread sticks after a cool walk on the Prom.

Visited June 2013
We love it when we are GREAT!.. Thanks for the positive feedback.
Seattle
“Dinner on a Weeknight While Staying at Best Western Ocean View Resort Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Visited Seaside last week and was excited to enjoy dinner with family and friends within the hotel. Salvatore's or Sal's is located in Best Western Inn Resort Hotel which is super convenient and awesome. They only serve breakfast and dinner.

After a long day of sightseeing and shopping, the group I was with were ravenous! We didn't realize how hungry we were until we sat down. We were the first group of two in line a few minutes before they opened and we were seated rather quickly at a large table to accomodate our group. We ordered our drinks and browsed the menu. They do have a kids dinner menu available and children under a certain age (I think under 11 yrs of age - check with the restaurant/website) eat free with a paying adult. With our room package we got a 15% off coupon for Salvatore's which was nice.

I ordered the dinner size ceasar salad and a small cup of clam chowder for dinner. I thought they would've brought my small cup of chowder out as everyone else was eating their appetizers and soup/salad, but my chowder didn't come out until the entrees were served and I'll explain why later in my review. I ordered unsweetened iced tea with lemon and that turned out to be so tasty. To my knowledge, there are free refills with drinks.

My ceasar salad was not as large or entree-sized as I was expecting when it was served, but the chowder was a full-sized bowl serving which was awesome. That made up for the smaller than expected salad. The salad was blah - the only fresh thing in the salad were croutons. The romaine lettuce was chopped into small pieces and I'm positive it was not all romaine lettuce. I believe there was iceberg lettuce mixed in and there were wilted, browned pieces of lettuce. The dressing didn't taste like fresh made or higher quality ceasar dressing. It tasted oddly like bland Italian dressing from a bottle off the supermarker shelf - you know what I'm talking about. It was a bland salad chopped so small it wouldn't been better to eat with a spoon.

The clam chowder was warm - not hot - warm. Yeah. The taste was okay but nothing special, it probably would've tasted better if it was hotter - I like to see some steam rising from my chowder and soups - and if there were more identifiable aromatic veggies and potatoes. It was bland but good enough to wolf down because I was hungry. All in all, it wasn't a true dining out experience, the food tasted so bland and not special. From the comments around the table (burgers, pasta, fish 'n chips, etc) were bland. One of my group members mentioned that the burger meat was bland and tasted like it was a frozen patty vs a fresh/unfrozen patty. We were disappointed and some in our group vow not to return to this restaurant. I want to give it another try to see if breakfast is better than dinner or if this was an unusual dinner service for this restaurant.

Great points made at the table and after we left by members of my group:

Why would the food be cold if they were not open for lunch? Wouldn't they have enough time to prep food and keep the food hot? We were the first orders...

Also, given the customers that came in after us, the majority were mature adults. Nothing wrong with that and no offense, but a comment was made that perhaps the bland food was more geared to their usual patrons and having worked in health care with mature adults, a bland diet and bland preparation of food exists to best fit the nutritional needs of certain patients, populations, and preferences.

When the bill came, I felt it was fair. The large bowl of chowder was charge at a cup/small bowl rate maybe because I order a dinner size entree and that was a deal pairing.

Service was very good by the staff. We were a little concerned about the how sanitary it was to stick the bill holder into the back of their pants, though. We don't usually see that... :) All-in-all, I've had much better quality of food. It's definitely worth a try to eat at this restaurant since you're staying at The Best Western. Perhaps try out breakfast, from what I've read, it's good. It's a comfortable resort hotel with a pool and so close to the beach, aquarium, etc. (Watch for my review on the hotel later.)

Btw, if you order room service, there is a 19%+ service fee tacked on (I believe it includes tip - whenever you see "service fee" for room service, that's what it means/includes. Just ask when placing your order to verify. I've seen this at a Sheraton hotel). We didn't order room service, it's just best to go downstairs and eat there or get it to go (if possible). It wasn't busy at all for dinner when we went on a weeknight. It has a cozy feel.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at Salvatore's Cafe, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry about that this experience did not meet your expectations (and it certainly does not meet ours). We have corrected each of the items mentioned and I can assure you that this is not indicative of our standards. Thank you .