“Great seafood and drinks”

Relief Pitcher Tavern
Ranked #58 of 110 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Named best sandwich eatery by the Mouth of the Columbia from the Daily Astorian my favorite place to go for a burger!!
Gaston, Oregon
“Great seafood and drinks”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Looking for great seafood, etc., at moderate prices, with great service for lunch or dinner? The head out to the Relief Pitcher on the South side of Seaside, right off hiway 101.

Yep, this place does not look like much from the outside, and you will think the same when you get inside: but it's the food and service that counts. (and the drinks!)

Average beer selections, but watch out for their specialty mixed drinks; potent!

We have been passing by this place for years, but when a friend, who has a Seaside cabin, took us here for dinner, we were hooked.

To be sure the menu items are basic, and centered on fried foods. The fresh albacore fish (carved off a hunk of fish, and then cooked to your liking), and the fresh hand cut fries, are just awesome. And so are many of the other items on the menu.

My buddy and I always start with the oyster shooters; cheapest around, but always the freshest,and move on from there.

• Visited December 2013

Olympia, Washington
“Great Dive Bar!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stopped in to catch a game on the Pac-12 Network, and even though I was rooting for the wrong school (from their perspective), they took great care of me.

The beer selection was just fine. The standards plus a Ninkasi and a few other premium drafts. There were good food options, almost all under $10 for a burger and fries. The customer base seemed primarily composed of locals, with a few vacationers (such as myself) as well, and everybody got along. The staff were cordial; precisely what you'd hope for at a dive bar. The interior was a bit run down; there were three TVs - one was a bit dark, one has a pink line running through it, and the other is tiny, but all were adequate. Frankly, the imperfections gave the place charm.

If you're looking for something upscale or fancy, keep looking. If you want a good dive dive bar where you can interact with other patrons, this is your place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank karlthelawyer
Burbank, California
“Good Burger”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I went here upon the recommendation from the hotel staff.
A really big burger so the price was fine, came with fries.
Nice little dive bar close to town. Very friendly service.
I would go here again no doubt about it.

• Visited October 2013
Seaside, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Rude People!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I usually stick with bars that I know but thought I would venture out to a new bar today since they where having a live band and I know one of the band members. However, the bar attendees where not nice at all. I will not be going back to this this bar and I will stick with my usual bars.

• Visited September 2013
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Don't Make My Mistake!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have lived in the area for over 20 years and drove past the Relief Pitcher for two decades before finally stopping in. Don't make the same mistake! Great grub - especially if you are a fan of really good burgers. The service is actually some of the friendliest you will find anywhere. I don't frequent pubs or taverns alot but I felt very comfortable here with the lunch crowd. Don't wait 20 years! Stop in!

• Visited June 2013