“Cool place. Food wasn't as good as expected. ”

Relief Pitcher Tavern
Ranked #56 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Named best sandwich eatery by the Mouth of the Columbia from the Daily Astorian my favorite place to go for a burger!!
Seaside, Oregon
“Cool place. Food wasn't as good as expected. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Okay let me preface this with a bit of back story. For one as a local I hear every. other. local. in seaside. rave about this place. We call it The RP. When my mom gave birth to me 23 years ago her first request was a Relief Pitcher burger. So all my life I have grown up with this idea that The RP had some AMAZING burgers. Finally I had the chance to try it. Surprised it took me this long. But after a very fun and alcohol filled night me and some relatives dragged our buts out there. I ordered the Pastrami burger. I was so very excited and hungry and hung over. It was definitely good. But it had been built up for so long that I was so incredibly let down by it. The staff and atmosphere was great. Price was totally acceptable. Hopefully next time I go it will be as good as I know it is.

If you are leaving Seaside through the south then I suggest you plan for this place to be your last trip before leaving.

1 Thank ReviewsForYou22

Gaston, Oregon
“Great seafood and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Looking for great seafood, etc., at moderate prices, with great service for lunch or dinner? The head out to the Relief Pitcher on the South side of Seaside, right off hiway 101.

Yep, this place does not look like much from the outside, and you will think the same when you get inside: but it's the food and service that counts. (and the drinks!)

Average beer selections, but watch out for their specialty mixed drinks; potent!

We have been passing by this place for years, but when a friend, who has a Seaside cabin, took us here for dinner, we were hooked.

To be sure the menu items are basic, and centered on fried foods. The fresh albacore fish (carved off a hunk of fish, and then cooked to your liking), and the fresh hand cut fries, are just awesome. And so are many of the other items on the menu.

My buddy and I always start with the oyster shooters; cheapest around, but always the freshest,and move on from there.

• Visited December 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great Dive Bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stopped in to catch a game on the Pac-12 Network, and even though I was rooting for the wrong school (from their perspective), they took great care of me.

The beer selection was just fine. The standards plus a Ninkasi and a few other premium drafts. There were good food options, almost all under $10 for a burger and fries. The customer base seemed primarily composed of locals, with a few vacationers (such as myself) as well, and everybody got along. The staff were cordial; precisely what you'd hope for at a dive bar. The interior was a bit run down; there were three TVs - one was a bit dark, one has a pink line running through it, and the other is tiny, but all were adequate. Frankly, the imperfections gave the place charm.

If you're looking for something upscale or fancy, keep looking. If you want a good dive dive bar where you can interact with other patrons, this is your place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank karlthelawyer
Burbank, California
“Good Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I went here upon the recommendation from the hotel staff.
A really big burger so the price was fine, came with fries.
Nice little dive bar close to town. Very friendly service.
I would go here again no doubt about it.

• Visited October 2013
Seaside, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Rude People!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I usually stick with bars that I know but thought I would venture out to a new bar today since they where having a live band and I know one of the band members. However, the bar attendees where not nice at all. I will not be going back to this this bar and I will stick with my usual bars.

• Visited September 2013