“Tent Camping”

Seaside RV Resort
Dallas, Texas
“Tent Camping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed in a tent on July 13th. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back. You are not assigned a tent area and can pick any spot in the area reserved for tent camping with a max of 2 tents and 6 people. We chose a nice spot by the lake (see photo titled "tent camping by the lake.")

The staff was very friendly and the park was quiet for the most part. The only issue we had was that the firepits are rented for $5 and they only have around 20. They were all gone by the time we arrived at 4pm. I was planning on roasting hot dogs over it so that caused a problem.

I was told that the nearest Fred Meyer was in Warrenton 20 min away, and if I bought a portable fire pit or propane camp stove it had to have a space of at least 8" below it. They police the area constantly on golf carts and have a lot of rules so I wanted to make sure I did it right. The camp stove I bought at Fred Meyer only had about an inch of space under it so I solved the problem by buying a fire rack for $12 to set it on which was 7" tall. Other then that the bathrooms were clean and the pool was a bit crowded but it was a great safe place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Oceandaytrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We rented a cabin for a week after looking at the website. It looked nice on the website, but the reality was something different. The cabins are very small and cramped. I've seen larger single-wide trailers. The furniture is old and has seen much better days. The hide-a-bed couch in the living room had no more stuffing in the cushions. The bed was very uncomfortable and we both woke up every morning with a backache. The kitchen is minimally furnished with dishes and cooking utensils. The entire cabin felt and looked old and tired. There is a "loft" that is suitable only for very small children as the height clearance is about three feet. There were only two hangers in the closet. The air conditioning didn't work and the staff showed little interest in getting it fixed. There is little privacy as the cabins are surrounded by the RV park. The staff was more old and tired than the cabin. This place might be acceptable as an RV park but I would not recommend the cabins to anyone.

Room Tip: All the cabins looked equally old and tired. I would not recommend any of them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff H

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked this cabin for three nights, my husband booked with out talking to me first and looking at the reviews it didnt sound too great. First off we arived early and we have a baby and thought maybe we could check in early if they have an available cabin. We asked and they said no sorry go drive around till about fourish it was 130 and we have been on the road for three hours so we were a bit tired. We asked if we could just drive through to look at the cabin were staying at and they said no. So we went to beach and wasted time. Then we arrived and we have to fill out three sheets of info and policy garbage. Then we get to go in and we get the rule book, four pages and every page says do not speed do 5 mph and warnings if we catch you once and catch you twice then you are banned with no refund. Very strict. I wish they were as strict with the rules of the road as they are with cleanliness. We arrived at our cabin and it did not look like one we saw on the website.The cabin we stayed in stinked, like old mouldy dust infected. The tracks in the windows were discusting and windows were not washed, they have area rugs for every room and they were so stinky i chucked them out side. The shower smelt like pee and the floor mat did as well. We are told to wash the floors when we leave but theres no mop, they give us a broom and a rag for dishes and a drying rag for dishes. I noticed that someone attached a hair band to the mop so you can wet a rag and mop the floor with that. Disgusting, so i am washing my dishes with the rag used for the floor. As soon as i got there and saw the sticky everything i had to go to safeway and buy cleaning products. I honestly dont think they moped floor cause i felt really gross on my feet. The beds were uncomfortable as well, i could feel every spring and when i moved it was make noise, my husband slept on fouton and i had to cover with out bedding that we brought cause it was very musty. We stayed here and put up with it but we did a lot of cleaning. The outside was convered in cob webs my husband was cleaning it. I did like the pool they have a kiddie pool our baby loved. But wifi sucked. Grounds were clean and it wasnts noisey, striked rules about noise level. I dont know if i would stay here again. There is no store on grounds either it would of been nice to grab a bag of chips or pop but we had to go into town to get something if we wated anything. Its ok if you can put up with dusty area but i am a clean freak and i cant hadle feeling dirty, or smelling dirty things. Like it smelt like something died under the sink. Yea and they charged us 15 bucks for tax.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Cathedral City, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Since we are NOT thousand trail members, maybe that is the problem. Nice location and site but NO firepit! If you want one, they are $5 a day to rent but are junky and not worth $5! There was no cable as we were told that the cable company (someone else's fault) was converting from analog to digital so the cable was out ... I'm sorry, your selling but I'm NOT buying! Cable plugs had locks on the end of cable that took special tool to remove ... maybe you have to be a member ... NO incentive to return! Nowadays, the internet, cable, water and sewer are basic needs that are to be met ...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank inclineguy
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was our first time staying at Thousand Trails Seaside, and our last. It began with check-in. There was someone working in the booth, but he did not even acknowlege us being there. Finally, when my husband got out of his truck he came out complaining that he was busy with someone else. Nice to meet you too. After a long drive, all you want is to find your RV spot and get settled in. Oh no, they proceed to give you a whole sheet of paperwork that you have to pull over and fill out including emergency contacts and your insurance policy#. After that you go back to the booth, get more paperwork telling you more about their rules and what you can't do, than what you can do in the area. Then, you still don't have an RV space, you get to drive around until you find one and fill out another page of paperwork for your info and site number again. Then you get to go back to the booth again. RIDICULOUS. Are we running a circus or an rv park? Rude, cranky, people running this place. It is wayyy overpriced $57 for some dirt and grass? And $3 more for cable? They should take a note from 7 Feathers RV Resort in Canyonville, and realize that you can have a nice RV Resort without being rude and policing everyone. Save your money and sanity and go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012
11 Thank ashtin6
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

4 hours driving for nothing. My son, wife, 3 kids, and little dog proved too hard to find. Finally security checked out the campsite but we couldn't leave a note or be accommodated in any way. We were told that once we talked with a salesman we could go in. Earlier when we first drove up the ranger was gabbing on the phone and just lifted the gate with no big deal. We drove all around the South side of the park looking for the tent area. I'm a professional in my 60s and do not dress or act like a bum. I was interested in looking into a membership and check out the cabins so we could be with our grandkids when they go camping. I'm not too interested now. I've vacationed all over the world and was not impressed with the hospitality here. I suggest you take some pointers from Marriott. By the way,my son said he had filled out the precious little form to list us as guests.

Room Tip: have a look see if you are allowed to. If not, forget it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Fritz A
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Seaside Thousand Trails over Memorial Day and had a great time. The small restaurant was open for breakfasts and there were special events in the evenings including live music, s'mores and bbq's. The food was great! This park is quiet and has a really nice pool, spa and sauna. We enjoyed the adult swim times although everyone's kids were well behaved during the family swim times. This park is very quiet and fairly close to the beach. A lot of our neighbors walked the one mile to the promenade but we rode our bikes. There are great parks in this area plus just walking the beaches at Seaside and Cannon Beach. We will go back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: The north side has the pool and restaurant. Both sides have a club house. Take a portable fire bowl...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple