“Nice, but small, and a bit pricey”

Quality Inn Seaside Oregon
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed for one night at a rate of $109. At the time I booked the room, I was surprised by the high rates for all the hotels in town. Turns out that "the world's largest volleyball tournament" was held that weekend, and I think that explains the rate. Looking at other reviews, I see that people have recently paid $55 a night, which is more in line with what this hotel should cost.

That being said, the hotel is very nice. Assuming it competes with hotels like Days Inn and Motel 6, I'd say there's no competition -- Microtel is much nicer.

As the name suggests, the room is VERY small. I've never stayed at a Microtel before, and felt a bit claustrophobic in the room. The room itself is pretty nice though -- walls are painted a nice color (vs the stark white I usually see in this level of hotel), and there was a nice cushion on the window ledge -- it just felt more inviting than I expected.

The room was very clean, the staff was friendly, breakfast was good (waffles, yogurt, etc.).

I might or might not stay there again, just because of the small size. But if that's o.k. with you, this hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if the road noise will bother you
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chbruce

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed at the Microtel Seaside for two nights as part of a two week Pacific Northwest trip and paid about $55 + tax per night which I thought was good value. The hotel is easily found just off the main coastal highway and there is a huge car park out the front and back of the property.
DJ on reception was very helpful and we were checked in smoothly and quickly which was great after a long driving day.

The room was very small by American standards (not so small for us Europeans) but it was cosy, clean and well maintained. I did have concerns about the location of the huge TV which is above the wardrobe but this wasn't really much of an issue at all. The bathroom although basic was clean and overall we were very happy with the room. There is a lift to all floors which was a little slow at times but certainly helped the weary legged.

Breakfast was included and was a small buffet of various breads, cereals, pastries and drinks with the added bonus of two waffle makers which were hugely popular as you can imagine. The one criticism I would have with the property is that there is not enough room for the amount of people wanting breakfast but there is always the option of taking your breakfast back to the room.

Seaside itself was very unremarkable but what a base for the other attractions in this area. We ventured as far south as Tillamook and as far north as Astoria and all were a nice length drive from the property. Cannon Beach really is rather stunning and we will never forget our visit to the Goonies House and Astoria Column in Astoria which is definitely worth a day of exploring.

A car is a must have even to visit Seaside although you could walk it. As for nearby restaurants next door is a very good steakhouse called Bigfoot which has huge portions of food (I have never seen so many takeout bags with leftover food in) and we also visited the Sand Trap, which is in Gearhart and is part of the McMenamins chain of pubs and restaurants. Both highly recommended.

Overall, I would recommend the Microtel for anybody visiting the north Oregon Coast. You may not appreciate Seaside like us, but there is so much beauty in other areas closeby and this is such a great base .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ju123
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Not on the ocean, but you could walk to the shore or downtown area easy enough if you don't mind a bit of walking. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Clean, nice room. A bit cramped, but not bad overall.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank iver0185
Reviewed 14 June 2011

we stayed in a smaller room. I did miss having a microwave or a fridge. the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was adequate and filling.
nothing really to complain about, although our key-cards were only programed for one night, but this was fixed very quickly

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErinW2
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Overall, a very good place to stay and an exceptional value!
The checkin experience was very pleasant and professional. Our room was very nicely appointed, comfortable and very clean and
quiet. The beds, linens and pillows are very nice. All of the staff that we encountered were very friendly and courteous and knowledgeable. We have stayed here before and will look forward to our next stay! Thank you for a very pleasant and enjoyable experience!
We will definitely recommend Microtel to our friends and relatives!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pmooace
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We reserved this place through Hotwire, so for us the value was good. I've seen some pretty negative reviews about this place, but honestly, as a 2-star hotel it lives up to what I'd expect. I think if you want a resort or lots of amenities, you'd better look elsewhere.

Our room was smallish, but cozy enough, as our vacation was more about where we went not where we stayed. It was always clean and pristine when we returned at night. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They serve a decent continental breakfast, even with fresh waffles you can make yourself in some cool machines. It also includes the usual, cold cereal, juice, bagels, etc.

The only con I'd say would be lack of an on-site pool. You do have access to one down the road (you'll have to drive), but it's likely going to be filled with kids/teens, so don't necessarily count on a relaxing soak in the jacuzzi. If you've got kids, the pool has a slide and I think a shallower pool for younger kids.

If you can get a deal, like through Hotwire, or see a special on Expedia, I think this hotel will satisfy your needs, especially if you're driving up and down the coast like we were. If you want to be near the beach, this probably isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenniJae
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I booked this hotel mainly because I am a wyndam member. No regrets tho. It's on the edge of town and not in easy walking distance of the beach but if you have a car and want a great nights sleep with modern decor, you cant go wrong here. Room we had was a bit small, but not cramped. Beds and pillows are plush, decent breakfast and nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2011