Quality Inn Seaside Oregon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coast River Inn(Seaside)
Mariner Motel(Seaside)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtroom was cleancannon beachhot breakfastshort drivethe general managerone night staywould stay againdowntown areaseaside oregonstaff was very friendlymicroteldorismicrowaveastoriainnscoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night-we could not wait to leave. While the hotel itself was clean, the staff was beyond rude. We travel quite a bit and we have never been treated so poorly by hotel staff.

Before I express my “concerns” for how we were treated, I do want to be fair. There were some nice things about the hotel. The room was clean and there was a nice breakfast the next morning.

I am not going to post everything on here that happened for the entire community to see. People have bad days, but what happened to us was FAR beyond this. All we will say is this: be careful when you make your reservation, especially if you make it online through any one of the travel sites. Check it, check it and check it again before you get to this hotel. Also, make sure you read EVERYTHING they have you sign. You are held responsible for room damage, which is normal. However, the clerk did not like that I took pictures of our room (before we took any of our things in) and had him document the damage (that was already there) on our “inventory sheet.” (We travel a lot and I have never seen one of these "inventory sheets" before.)

We have never had this much trouble. As the saying goes, caveat emptor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee R
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thanks for recognizing the nice things about our hotel and its cleanliness.

Great advice to be very careful booking through 3rd parties. They do not always maintain accurate information. On the other hand, booking directly gets you the same rate or better you get on any 3rd party, guarantees the accuracy of information, does NOT require you to pay in advance, and gives you much more flexibility for cancelling or changing a reservation. A good rule of thumb is shop on any web site you want, but always book directly.

I am not certain what "inventory sheet" you are talking about as that is not a normal procedure for our hotel. Perhaps it had something to do with you wanting to document any damage prior to occupying the room. Of course, like all hotels, our damage policy is simply that if you decide to smoke in your room, put your fist through the wall, or walk off with all the linens, you are liable for the repair or replacement cost.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Microtel Seaside used to be a nice place to stay. However, a recent visit was disappointing from start to finish.

On 06/20, my family and I arrive to a lobby under loud construction. According to a cardboard sign propped next to a makeshift check-in desk, the hotel is in the middle of being converted to a GuestHouse property. When we made our reservation, no mention of construction activity was ever mentioned. Guests should be given a heads-up. In my mind, we’re off to a bad start. On the plus side, the staff member who checked us in was very nice. He tried to place our two rooms close together. We ended up on different floors, but I give him points for trying and being professional. The rooms themselves were not as clean and comfortable as in the past. Yet, we only reserved a one night stay and decide to stick it out.

The morning of 06/21, the front desk/breakfast area was still consumed with construction activity. The female staff member on shift was barely at the makeshift desk, instead chatting with her coworkers. Finally, after getting staff attention, we’re told a computer system (or something of the sort) was being swapped out. It was in the middle of check-out hours and we could not get a receipt. What a strange time to does a project like this, it feels like poor planning on part of the hotel. Why pick a time for printers to be out of commission when people are leaving and asking for their bill? If this just had to be done in the middle of morning check-out, why not preprint receipts? Or how about giving guests a heads-up? After all, communication is a good thing, we could have planned around this. What really irks me is the way the disrespectful male staff member handled the situation, the one fiddling with the computer. He basically just told my father he would have to wait twenty minutes. Ummm…that’s your attempt at customer services? No effort to offer another solution, no apology? Long story short –poor customer service provided. I guess they figure they already have our money, they don’t care if guests need or want a receipt.

In conclusion, this hotel is not as good as it once was. Is it because Guesthouse is now taking over? We’ll never know, we don’t want to stay here again to find out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ellecarr
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

I'm very sorry you had anything less than a delightful experience. We do work hard to delight every guest, and succeed most of the time.

I do want to make sure the facts are correct:
1) The "construction" you refer to was a front desk remodel. It follows on the heels of a breakfast area remodel. Both are now complete, and both were done to improve the experience of our guests.
2) Noisy work during any remodel is restricted to middel of the day hours when most guests are not in the hotel.
3) The front desk that was being worked on was cordoned off with a floor to ceiling plastic sheeting to limit dust, etc. The breakfast area and breakfast seating was not affected by the remodel activity.
4) The "makeshift" desk you refer to was a sturdy, bi-level mobile desk designed for that purpose.

I have to disagree with you on "not as good as it once was". Our staff is better than ever, facility has been upgraded with hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment in the last 3 years, we're busier than ever and have more positive feedback from guests than ever. I hope you'll give us another try so that we can change your opinion.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

as a single person on a budget, i got a good rate on the hotel on hotwire. everything in seaside, especially on weekends, is overpriced. but with the deal, i was satisfied with my 3 night stay there. i had a small but comfortable and clean room. it did not have a microwave or fridge- those cost extra. it had a large wardrobe closet- the tv was on top of it so it was rather awkward to view the tv. the bed was lumpy. the room had a window seat and nice bathroom. i used the fan to block noise from the highway, but it wasn't too loud at night. there was a microwave and computer for public use in the lobby, which was convenient. staff were always pleasant and the breakfast was very good- hot and cold cereal, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Was treated very well here. When we arrived we were given an upgrade on our room, the Lady manning the desk was extremely helpful and very friendly..

The suites were spacious, clean and all added extras were in the room waiting for us.

Would definitely recommend this hotel ignore the negative reviews I think they have the wrong hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thanks so much for recognizing our great staff. Manager Steve and the staff work very hard to provide our guests delightful stays. I appreciate you pointing out the kind of room you stayed in. We have different room types to accomodate different needs and budgets.

A TripAdvisor Member
Boise, Idaho, USA
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel had great customer care! We enjoyed the stay the room was big enough to sleep and relax in! The bathroom was good sized and there was a vanity for getting ready in the bedroom area! Me and my husband checked out at 4 so we could enjoy another full day argue ocean and the charge was only 25$ for a late check out! They where friendly and very helpful will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Very glad we'll be seeing you again! Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review. The late checkout option is a nice way to get an extra 1/2 day at the beach. Check with our Front Desk Associate for availability.