“guest house inn/microtel inn”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The staff were very friendly and very helpful, with my electronic key causing problems.
The bed was comfortable and the room was nice with a bench seat by the window. the breakfest offered was with the waffels and cerals. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

We're glad you want to come back and thanks for the review.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We checked in July 24 for a three day stay. I was a little tremulous after reading some of the other reviews but my concerns were unfounded. The hotel is very clean budget option, located a quick drive from downtown and Cannon Beach. The staff was pleasant and professional. The breakfast is fine with cereal, waffle bar, yogurt, drinks. There is no hot food other than waffle and oatmeal but really there are plenty of options. They also have 24 hour coffee and hot cocoa in the lobby.

Our room was super small (one queen bed) for our family of four so kids slept on floor. We booked through Priceline (which is how we found the hotel) and if you do that you are limited to one queen bed. Priceline tells you that when you book so that I cannot fault the hotel. I peaked into other two bed rooms and they are much more spacious.

There is no pool but the hotel provides vouchers to a great aquatic center.

All and all this is a budget option but clean and with great staff. It was much cheaper than any other hotel we checked so in our minds, well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for the great review and recognizing the value we offer. Glad your family had such a pleasant stay.

In addition to a couple of room options with 2 queen beds we also offer suites that have a queen bed, separate sitting area with sofa bed, and kitchenette with fridge, microwave, sink, and counter/cabinet space.

You are right that booking through any 3rd party is going to come with limitations. We actually guarantee that published rates are the same booking directly as with any 3rd party. Plus, booking direct you don't have to pay in advance, get accurate information about your options, and have flexibility to cancel or change. I always suggest shopping on any 3rd party site you prefer but book directly.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I came to the Oregon coast for a friends wedding in Cannon Beach. After researching hotels in Cannon Beach we decided to stay in Seaside since it is so close to Cannon Beach by car (7 minutes) and half the price. We picked the GuestHouse Inn and Suites stricktly on price and were pleasantly suprised. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and our queen bed comfortable. Waffle bar completed the Continental Breakfast that was included. The hotel on the outskirts of town close to Cannon Beach which worked great for us (less traffic). Great value for the price. Easy in and out of this hotel. Seaside was also a nice town to experience. If you are a runner. Seaside has nice beaches 6 miles to run.

Room Tip: all rooms facing the east side were quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Very glad you chose to stay with us and had such a pleasant experience.
You made a good point that we find is important to many guests - we are the closest Seaside hotel to Canon Beach. Our location is easy access to many attractions on the north Oregon coast, including Canon Beach, Seaside and Astoria.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Some amenities are staple in hotel rooms. We expected a coffee pot in our room and a microwave, since these were included in the description of the room. We found that a coffee pot was not available but we were able to have a small fridge and microwave rolled into to our room for $10 a night. The beds were tough to sleep on. I left a coat behind. I called right away to have it mailed to me. After an affirmative that my coat was still there I gave my credit card number to have it shipped to me. Weeks later and some phone calls later still no coat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

So sorry you misread the description of the room you chose to rent. We offer a variety of rooms and rates to meet the different needs of guests. You chose a room without a microwave and paid a lower rate for it, but we do have a number of rooms that have refrigerators, microwaves, etc. if you prefer. I am glad we were able to accomodate your change of mind by upgrading your room with a portable unit.

Also sorry you lost your coat. We go to great efforts to return lost items to guests that leave them behind, but it sounds like we simply were unable to locate yours for you.

Even though we always offer fresh Maxwell House coffee and Florida's Natural juice in our lobby, ALL of our rooms do now include coffeemakers as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was our first night of a road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway from Oregon. After flying in from Houston, it was a fine stop. We had to be up early to start our driving adventure, so a comfortable, clean room room was a pleasant start.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Glad you stopped in to start your driving adventure! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I made reservations through Priceline. What I didn't know is that they do not give you two beds if you are traveling with a friend. When we checked in, I asked the staff if there was a room with two beds and she said "no". They brought in a roll-away cot with springs poking through for $21. Good thing I had my camping mattress with me. Elevator was dirty; carpet throughout was in need of Hooverizing. The breakfast was so-so and it was in the lobby. I'd stay somewhere else next time. They were going to change over to another name on July 9th--Guest something or another. I couldn't find it on here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank WindyRuth

I'm very sorry Priceline confused you with their reservation process. Assuming you were using their "Name Your Price" functionality they unfortunately do not guarantee a number of beds. When the hotel is full (which is the case most of the time) we don't have the option to correct their mistake by upgrading you to a different room.

I am glad that our staff went to the extra effort to try to accomodate you with a rollaway bed.

During peak season at a busy hotel it's a little dangerous to book through a 3rd party like that. They don't always maintain information accurately and, as you found out, Priceline only books one bed. A good rule of thumb is to shop on any site you want but book directly. The published rates are guarranteed to be the same, you get accurate information, and you don't have to pay in advance.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We just got back today from a 3 day stay at Microtel...won't go back...we were given 2 small micro size bars of soap for 3 days for 4 people.....one micro bottle of shampoo...2 wash cloths for 4 people...also the whole time we were there our swere never replaced with fresh and our blankets were just pulled up, which I could have done myself...I reported that our ac was not working properly 2 days in a row and nothing was done, like maybe a follow up...the day we left out bathroom outlet was not working at all...also there was not one piece of fruit in the morning breakfast...the coffee was like warm 2 out of three mornings....
We reported these problems and nothing was done....not even a 20% savings of some sort...Cannon Beach...You may be pricier but we're coming back at least we get spoiled there and if their are 4 people in a room there will be 4 washcloths in that room and our beds are made everyday and changed every other day!!! Sorry Microtel....There were fingerprints and smudge marks on the mirror above the bed...not sure where they came from or why they were not wiped off. The main hallway has dirt along the edge of the carpets along the wall...

Room Tip: Go to Cannon Beach..
1  Thank syl y

Very sorry you weren't delighted with your stay. It sounds like we should have done our job better and we will work hard to do so.

Perhaps you were confused by our efforts to conserve water and energy? The tent card in your room is to be place on your bed if you want the sheets changed. That gives our guests the opportunity to help consume less water, energy, and cleaning detergents.

I must point out that if any of our guests have any problem during their stay we encourage them to let us know so we can correct it right away. I have no doubt that if a guest let us know they needed more soap or more wash cloths, we would immediately provide all that you want!