“Good service, tiny tiny room, old old TV”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
“Good service, tiny tiny room, old old TV”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

First off, the good. I received good service from all the staff at this location. I am a bit surprised by all the reviews attacking service. Front counter staff was friendly at check in, check out, and late night when I went to the lobby each night to watch tv, surf the web and drink tea. Housekeeping came before I was up, and was more than happy to come back later. No complaints there. Great staff.

Location isn't near the beach, but because if this, the price is lower, and it's a short drive to the beach. So I was happy.

Also, the rooms and halls were very clean. Noise was not problem either.

Now the not so good. The room I was in was the smallest I have ever seen in my life, and I stay in a lot of hotels. To be fair, they DO have bigger rooms, which are no doubt much better, but they cost more. I always stay in the basic rooms and that's almost always fine for me but here they are tiny and dated. I have been in motel 6 rooms MUCH bigger than this. It also had an old old TV at an awful high angle, with a screen soooo blurry you can't watch it.

However, at the end of the day, I got an amazing deal on it using hotwire.com which was much lower than their offered price (they say the price is the same to book direct, it is not, I saved a lot using hotwire). And for what I paid, it was a good stay. Friendly staff makes up for a lot. I wish they would fix a few things. I know they can't make the rooms bigger, and for a single person they should be OK. But they CAN replace TVs that don't work anymore.

• Stayed September 2013
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thanks for the thoughtful review and for recognizing the great service our staff provides.

You are correct that we have a variety of room types, so if you prefer more room, a separate sitting area, or want to make sure you have a flat screen TV, just let us know. We do design all of our rooms to be very efficient, minimizing our environmental footprint as well as keeping rates low for our guests.

All of our TVs should work perfectly, so if yours didn't I hope you let us know while on site so we could repair or replace it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2013

There was a large group checking in before us, so after being told, "I'll be with you in just a minute", we waited more like 15 minutes to check in. No apologies or friendly comments about the wait. The Front Desk staff is unprofessional in attitude, grooming, and dress. Another unfriendly thing is that you have to initial a contract on check in that you will not damage the rooms, smoke, etc. We have stayed in many, many hotels and this is the first time we have been presented with that! The rooms were VERY small, and not a good fit for 2 people. No flat screen TV. Scratches in bathtub. No individual reading light on each side of bed. If you want to read you need to turn on a large light above the bed. The breakfast was the usual (waffles, cereal, bananas, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, bagels). The eating area is in the crowded lobby and the TV had on loud cartoons on even though there were no kids present. On check-out, no friendly, "And how was your stay?" This hotel is considerably inexpensive, but they could step it up a bit!

Room Tip: The rooms with one queen bed are very small and don't have a microwave or refrigerator.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I am sorry you were not impressed. It sounds like you are looking for a different experience than an economy hotel, and there are many to choose from in the Seaside area. We pride ourselves on being excellent at what we are and what we do, which is to provide the best value on the north Oregon coast.

Just a few things I will comment on for those that want facts:
1. Our rooms are modern and designed for efficiency as well as comfort. You chose our least expensive room, a standard one queen. We do have rooms that are much larger and have flat screen TVs that simply cost a little more.
2. You listed several of the items we offer for breakfast. I'll add to that the several types of hot and cold cereals and varieties of muffins. I encourage guests to compare our breakfast to other economy hotels!
3. Photos of our breakfast area and lobby are available online. The hotel was full the night you stayed and perhaps you just happened to come to breakfast at an especially busy time? We offer breakfast from 6 am to 10 am so guests have plenty of opportunity. We'll even change the channel for you if your preference isn't objectionable to other guests!
4. I am sorry you happened to arrive behind a group of other guests checking in. I happened to be there at the time and must disagree with you completely regarding our staff. Both of our Front Desk Associates were in uniform and working very professionally to efficiently check in guests. The group arrived at peak checkin time at a sold out hotel. We do understand that guests prefer we work as quickly as possible during those times to minimize the wait, so during those times the friendliness of our staff may not be as evident as it normally would be. Perhaps you were just frustrated for having to wait at all? We probably should have pointed out to you that you could help yourself to the free beverages we offer 24/7 and relax for a few minutes in the lobby watching TV or reading one of the free newspapers.
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The lack of sound insulation during construction was a serious lack of consideration to guest comfort. I could actually hear the total conversation of my neighbours, so what does that say for privacy!

However, this is not the fault of the operators, the hotel was very clean and comfortable but I felt the room was small and confined for the price. Breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Ask for ear plugs!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Edwin A
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thanks for recognizing our cleanliness and comfort. Our rooms are efficiently designed to minimize our environmental footprint. We do have several room types and if you choose to stay again you might enjoy one of our standard suites with sitting area and kitchenette.

No doubt an economy hotel is built differently than a 5-star hotel, but our guests should not be overhearing conversations! Perhaps this was an adjoining room and they did not have the door closed on their side? Or perhaps they were just loud? Either way, we want to solve noise issues, so if you ever experience them during a stay please let us know so we can take care of the problem.

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Given the price, we weren't expecting anything spectacular with the Guesthouse, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel.
-The rooms were nice & clean.
-The continental breakfast was really good (toast, yogurt, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, waffle maker, fruit, juices, muffins, etc). It far-exceeded expectations.
-The hotel has everything you need and is very clean for a short stay. The only downside is the location on the other side of the highway from downtown Seaside. But if you don't mind the short 5-min ride in, or are just looking for a place to stay, this is a quality place at a much more reasonable price than the hotels on the water.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thanks so much for recognizing our value and taking the time to review us!
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This was a great value, great location, great service! I stayed a total of 3 nights, one separate night and then 2 consecutive nights. My first night I was on the 2nd floor. Everything was perfect! Awesome, comfy bed. Love that there is in room AC! I left town for a night then came back for 2 more nights. This time I was on the 3rd floor. There was somewhat of a difference in the two floors. While the 3rd floor room was still great, comfy, clean, etc...it just wasn't the same as the 2nd floor room. The bed wasn't as comfy and soft. Older TV on an awkward and really high perch. Different/maybe older carpet. The bathroom sink/counter seemed older, it had some strange stained spots all over. It was still a great value and very enjoyable. Great breakfast. Appreciated the always available beverage service. Great distance between the Seaside main drag and Ecola State Park. Not too close, not too far. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thanks for the great review and we're delighted you'll be back. Sounds like you had an upgraded room on the 1st night and a standard room on the 2nd night.
Kelso, Washington
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Although the room was smallish, it was perfectly adequate, well laid out, clean, convenient and had a nice sized bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and the coffee/chocolate/tea available 24/7 in the lobby was a wonderful bonus. Nice staff. Will stay there again. Wonderful value.

Room Tip: As with most multi story buildings top floor is quieter...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thanks for recognizing the great value we offer!
washington
Reviewed 10 September 2013

First they put me in a room with dirty carpet, across from the elevator, next to the ice machine and across from the maid services room. I asked for another room. The next room was fine..clean and located in a quite area. I paid about $75. The room was small and very basic but OK for one night. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast had limited choices. TV channels were limited and there was no channel guide in the room. Maids were very nice. Front desk staff, not so much - don't think any of them smiled.

Room Tip: Cheapest rooms don't have micro or refrig - you need the "upgraded" room for that.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thanks for recognizing our value. Sounds like we delivered what we promise - comfort and quality at a reasonable rate.

It also sounds like you missed the channel guide. It is in the plastic tent card in the room - 1 side has free Wi-Fi support information and the other side lists all the channels. We offer satellite TV including, HBO and ESPN and a variety of other channels that we intentionally select to be family friendly.

I can assure you our Front Desk team members know how to smile just like our Housekeeping team members! :)