“A decent budget hotel”

Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Seattle, WA
“A decent budget hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The room really was nice. We booked the smallest room and found it to be completely adequate for our needs. Could tell some thought went into maximizing the small space. It's a few blocks from the beach and a little far to walk in the winter, but we knew that before booking. Breakfast was nice, standard fare of yogurts, muffins, etc.

I was frustrated that we were placed in a connecting room. The sound insulation is very poor between rooms. If you're placed in one of these I recommend asking to be moved immediately. I had this thought upon checkin, but decided not to worry about it. At about 11:30 our neighbors arrived in their room and began.... Well, you know. The sounds of their activities left us mortified and awake well into the night. But hey, if listening in on others is your thing then this is totally your hotel! Some hotels put a layer of insulation between the connecting doors to minimize sound then store it when connecting rooms. I would suggest that this hotel invest in the same.

I had a piece of mail that needed to go out. It was already stamped so I asked if the front desk clerk could add it to the hotel's outgoing mail. She said she could not. No big deal, just took it to the post office the next morning but this experience really set the tone for our stay.

Overall, it's a budget hotel that really acts like a budget hotel. Now I've stayed in cheap hotels that I can really tell are trying to be a step above. This is not one of them.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a connecting room unless you are connecting the rooms. Sound insulation is nonexiste...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for all the compliments and for the thoughtful review.

You are absolutely correct that we are an economy hotel and we try to deliver the best value on the north Oregon coast. Compared to other economy hotels guests tell us we surpass others because we have many more options for breakfast, offer 24/7 beverages in our lobby not offered at other hotels, have comfy beds with upgraded linens compared to others, have more reliable Wi-Fi and actually have 24/7 support for guests and, of course, work hard to provide excellent cleanliness and service.

I am sorry you were disturbed by other guests in the adjacent room. We always try to space guests out when there is room, but when we have a fuller hotel there will most likely be guests next door.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were in the lobby. My wife went up to the room on the second floor. I stayed behind to use the (very slow) computer. When I went to go back to my room, I realized I did not remember the room number, nor did I bring my wallet. I asked the guy at the front desk what my room number was, so I could return to my room. I told him my last name, thinking that would be enough proof I was a guest as it was listed in the computer when we checked in. He refused. I was treated like a vagrant who was coming in from the street. He demanded ID to prove I was who I said I was. I did not have my wallet. He said that there was nothing he could do for me. Ridiculous ! I said, I would have to sleep in the lobby. After an awkward wait, I demanded that he call my wife in our room to verify who I was. He wouldn't do that either. He did not speak to my wife Instead he put in a call to the room and told me to use the house phone to speak to my wife myself. I did. She gave me the room number. End of story. It was unnecessary to put me through the interrogation. I believe it was a petty power play by this front desk clerk (who would claim he was being security conscious of course). Totally unnecessary harassment in my view. I'll never stay there again. The attitude is not customer friendly.

Pros
Nice place to lay in the bay window
Clean

Cons
Small rooms
No fridge
No microwave
VERY slow computer, no apparent concern from staff
No pool
unfriendly guy at front desk

Room Tip: Avoid this property.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for pointing out our cleanliness and the efficient design of our rooms.

I am sorry, though, you felt our front desk team member was being unfriendly. He was indeed protecting the safety of our guests. I'm sure most guests would prefer their room numbers and keys to their room not be given out to people who have no identification and no room number! His solution was absolutely the correct one - contact the room for you based on the name you gave and once he made contact let you speak directly with the occupant.

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Enumclaw, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our room was close to the road but we didn't hear the traffic.The room was very clean and the workers were very friendly. It is close to a golf course....across the highway, close to main street Seaside, the ocean and a short distance to Cannon Beach!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sallie B
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thanks for choosing us and for taking the time to point out all those great positives (especially about our great staff). As you mentioned, we are the closest Seaside hotel to Cannon Beach.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

As stated by someone else, these rooms are so small, a large person would have a hard time getting around the side of the bed. There is little room for suitcases, as the closet is a portable type, taking up a corner of the room. The hotel itself used to be a microtel, which explains the small rooms.
The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was new, not like the 70s decor of most of the hotels on the Prom in Seaside. The towels could've come from Motel 6, they were very small, hard and scratchy. The breakfast did have the waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, and yogurts along with the typical cereals and bagels. We paid $70 for one night for 2; I think that was too high, but it is Seaside and they can get away with it. The hotel WAS very clean…a plus!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the noisy Hwy 101.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kimmielou
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us and for appreciating our cleanliness and value!

The room you described is our most economical, a standard one queen. Should you choose to stay again perhaps you would prefer one of our several other room types that have more room? We try to offer choices so that no guest has to pay for amenities they don't need. In the room you were in many guests make use of the 6 foot by 2 foot window seat for laying out their luggage and personal items. We also find many guests appreciate the small environmental footprint we take with our efficient design.

I encourage all travelers to make the comparison to Motel 6, as I'm confident the differences will be very evident to you! For example, Motel 6 and us buy our beds from the same place, but Motel 6 chooses the lowest end model of mattress and we pay the extra for the upgraded mattress.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

So I have stayed at this location roughly 6 or so times in the past year. One stay was about a week. But Id like to share the same hospitality I was shown at this establishment and write a review. I first would like to say how misleading the traveler tips are. If you are a light sleeper request a back side room. It really isn't that loud unless you get the 'party room' next to yours or the 'arguing couple '( which is unavoidable on the weekend when it fills up. Breakfast is free, someone claimed you had to pay in the travelers tips but that's a lie. The price you pay is making your own waffle. I've seen the same staff for a year and have not had a bad experience. They are all informative and very polite and hospitable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chimmi C
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for continuing to choose us. We work hard to be the best value on the north Oregon coast and it is very nice to hear that is appreciated!
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

After checking in to the smallest room I have ever seen in the US I asked about the microwave. I was told that we would have to up grade rooms if I wanted a microwave and that I would know that if I hadn't booked thru a third party.
Check out was 11am and we requested a late checkout as I had a conference call taking me to 11am. The response was "oh no. We can't do that."
There are many hotels in Seaside. I wouldn't go back to this one.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank saguas
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Sorry to hear you won't be returning. Yes, there are many hotels in Seaside and we always encourage guests to shop around. We are confident that when guests do they will find us to be the best value on the north Oregon coast.

It sounds like a mis-communication about late check-out. We are happy to accommodate those requests at no charge if the room you are in is not needed for the next arriving guest. Check-in time for guests is 3 PM, so of course we need time to clean and prepare the room for them.

It also sounds like you chose a standard room with one queen bed, probably because it was lower priced than other room types. We find that guests whose needs are met by these rooms appreciate not having to pay for amenities they don't need. Rooms with more space, microwaves, etc. are certainly an option for those that need those amenities. Apparently you turned down that option?

Often third-party sites don't have complete information, don't have access to discounts, and don't have access to all of our room types. I'm sure our team member was trying to communicate that, and suggest that third-party sites can be a good way to do your shopping but once you've narrowed your choices you are better off to book directly with the hotel.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a nice stay. It was clean, the room was not too small, the staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast options were good and were consistently stocked and areas cleaned. They are also pet friendly and have nice grassy areas available

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jenguertin
Heritage H, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thanks so much for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff and cleanliness of our rooms. We are, indeed, happy to have well behaved pets (and owners) stay with us! :)