“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Beaverton, Oregon
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

There was a little problem with my reservation that I didn't notice. The manager spotted it, rechecked the kind of room I wanted with me, and assigned me a room that wound up costing a little less. Then he waived the fee for having my dog with me.

The tv had some sort of source code problem that he couldn't fix over the phone. He said he'd be right up to fix it as the hotel had all new tvs. By the time he got there, we had fixed the problem, but he was gracious about our request for help.

The people at the desk were efficient, competent and very friendly. They recommended some view places in the city.

The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and looked out at a forest and a mountain.

There is a great and large area for "walking" your dog, and they have a supply of those ever popular plastic bags for cleanup.

The breakfast area was clean, and the food was good. There are tables to eat at. We chose to take our food to our room due to the likelihood of the dog barking while we were out.

Cost was reasonable, an excellent staff, and nice accomodations. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The elevator makes all rooms accessible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you very much for choosing us for accommodations while in Seaside! I am absolutely elated that we made the impression we did and thrilled to hear we would be your choice in the future. Staff will be pleased that their efforts are recognized and I am equally grateful for the kind words. We do our absolute best to provide all we are able to our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Portland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Was in Seaside for our annual amateur radio convention. Service at the front desk was fantastic and they took care of my situation on the second day. I would highly recommend this facility and we are planning on returning this week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for the review! We love housing SEAPAC every year! This one was an extra special convention and we appreciated being a part of it. We are delighted to hear of your upcoming return and look forward to serving you then as well. Thank you again and see you soon!
Federal Way
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the second year in a row that I have stayed at this motel in Seaside. We come annually for a cat show. Yes, the room is small but it is very organized as to spay and location of everything. I found the room both years to be very clean. The staff is hospitable and the complementary breakfast was just fine with me. Both the cat and I were very comfortable and would stay there again.

Room Tip: You may want to chose a suite if you want more room. The suites have microwaves, refrigerators as w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
It was wonderful having you yet again! We appreciate the patronage and look forward to next year. Thank you for pointing out our facility's cleanliness as well as your experience with our staff. Your tip for other travelers is an excellent one as our suites are larger and have fridges and microwaves. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again next year if not sooner!
King City, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I feel that the staff at GuestHouse Inn and Suites are lacking in genuine customer service skills. I called about 1 PM on the day we arrived to see if our room might be ready because I had brought 3 of my grandchildren with me for a special trip. Instead of hearing a response that the desk clerk would check, I was told first "I don't know", then curtly that the check in time was 3 PM and the room probably wasn't ready.

The room was very uncomfortable and, I feel, poorly laid out. The beds were horrid. The pictures on their website are somewhat misleading. I feel that I also was paying for the hotel chain's name, not for what was actually offered. I realized that for a few dollars more, I could have taken my family to a more convenient hotel.

I will not use their accommodations in the future, unless it is the very last room available...and even then, I would probably drive a few more miles north to seek another hotel.

2 Thank Joy O
Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I’m sorry you were not able to check in early. I’m sure you can understand that during this season we are full every night and it is not always possible to have a room clean and perfectly ready for guests early. We are constantly complimented on our customer service and wonderful staff and I monitor their interactions closely. I apologize if anyone came across short and assure you that their intentions are anything but. Staff is overly eager to please our guests whether it be by phone or in person.

We do encourage guests to shop around. We are confident that guests will find that we are the best value on the north Oregon coast. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and happy travels!

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The rooms in this hotel are on the small side, and there is a window seat in each room that is about 4 feet off the ground. Without standing on a chair to gain access, it's virtually unuseable. (We used it for our suitcases.) The available breakfast was just OK. The staff seemed a little tense and made us well aware of their pet and no smoking policy (we had no pet and don't smoke, so it seemed like lecturing).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marblehead750
Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
I appreciate you choosing us for accommodations on your trip. I'd like to take an opportunity to address several of the issues you brought up.
1) Our basic rooms are no smaller than the basic rooms of any other economy hotel in this market. We offer a variety of rooms to suit the needs of guests as far as spaciousness and additional amenities. Perhaps determining your needs ahead of time as compared to what is offered at a facility would better assist you in receiving exactly what you need.
2) Your judgment and labeling of breakfast seems way off point. Our breakfast consists of Waffles, chocolate & blueberry muffins, plain and cinnamon raisin bagels, hard boiled eggs, four different kinds of cereal, an assortment of oatmeal, yogurt, and bananas. We also offer coffee, juice, tea, and hot chocolate to guests 24 hours a day at no charge in the lobby. I encourage you and everyone else to ask all of our competitors what they serve for breakfast and decide for yourselves if this is sufficient for the cost.
3) When registering for a hotel, any hotel, an agreement is signed at check in. These are not specifically designed on a person by person basis, that would be discriminatory. They are general rules of the hotel put in terms that everyone can understand. We do not know your smoking habits or whether you have a pet or not. We inform every person checking in of the very same thing and I commend my staff for doing so and making no distinction from one guest to another. I apologize if you see it as lecturing, but I have observed staff present this and find them always quite pleasant and informative by simply making this a smooth part of the check in process. In addition, isn't it nice to know that it is brought to the attention of every guest that we are a nonsmoking facility? Wouldn't you agree this acts as a deterrent and not only prevents them from doing so, but adds to every other guest's experience by us being able to provide them with clean, smoke free rooms? Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for taking the time to review. Happy travels!
Auburn Ca, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were traveling back from Clatsop Fort, Astoria and wanted to get close to Cannon Beach on our way back to Newport Oregon. It looked like a nice place to stay and I guess I overlooked that there wasn't a pool. The place looks good from the outside but the rooms are small and dirty feeling. This is a low budget hotel. The breakfast was waffles, yogurt, bananas, and cold cereal. Way over priced. I stayed at Best Western plus in Eureka and had a very nice room, a GREAT healthy breakfast to pick from with a indoor/outdoor pool for less money.. Very disappointed in this place..

1 Thank Cathleen T
Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for allowing us to serve you while in Seaside. I'm sure you are aware that Eureka and Seaside are two completely different markets and quite impossible to compare. In your quest for value I would encourage you, and everyone reading this, to do a search for hotels in Eureka and then shop hotels in Seaside and I believe you will find that not only are we a good value, but the best value in our market.
Just to clarify our breakfast options, we have: Waffles (which tend to be the crowd favorite) an array of muffins and bagels, four different cereal options, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and bananas. In addition coffee, juice, tea, and hot cocoa available 24 hours in the lobby!
We have a variety of room types to choose from so a more spacious room can be selected if it caters more to your needs. Thanks again and happy travels.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was the closest hotel to Cannon Beach which we had wanted to stay in, but everything was booked up so ended up here. The hotel faced the road, so we were worried about traffic noise, but our room was quiet on the back side (apparently all double bed rooms face the back), except for when the garbage truck woke us up in the morning. Breakfast was simple continental fare: waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, fruit, tea, cofee, juice. Nothing fancy, but adequate enough to start the morning, although my husband thought the coffee was horrible. We did run out of hot water while taking a shower! This has never happened to us before in a hotel. It's not a bad hotel, but nothing spectacular about it either. It was an all right place to stay for one night.

Steve C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for staying with us even though we were not your original choice. I can tell by how your desire was to stay in Cannon Beach that your standards are quite high, and rightly so when speaking in terms of Cannon Beach. That area offers the more upscale, prestigious experience of the coast, and is priced accordingly as you pay for every bit of it. To hear us judged as adequate from people with such high expectations I believe is a great compliment and is much appreciated. From the upkeep of the property to the service received guests frequently forget that we are an economy hotel and compare us, sometimes unfairly, to much larger and more luxurious facilities. True, our goal is to surpass guests' expectations, but coming in with such high ones I believe it acceptable that we be happy to be labeled adequate from those who desire the best of the best and I thank you for it!