“Best Place to Stay in Seaside!”
Review of Inn at the Prom

Inn at the Prom
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice, each time for our yearly anniversary. Definitely a great price. The hotel is beautiful with an ocean front view. The service was wonderful and the staff are incredibly nice. Walking distance to everything and a great restaurant at the main floor.

Room Tip: Definitely choose one of the ocean front suites if you can!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole_Starr

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am not one to write reviews. Ever. But I thought I should write a "warning" for guests. A warning not only for this hotel, but every hotel. When we first arrived here at the Inn at the Prom..it was a positive experience. The woman at the front desk was super friendly and helped me find good hiking trails for our for our family. The front desk service overall seems great. After the fact is when we had a problem. My husband and I make habit to do a 'run through' and check every hotel bed before we put ourselves or our toddler into it. We were getting ready to put our son into the bed when we found multiple spots of blood amoung other things on every sheet on the bed. It was disgusting. There were long red and brown hairs all over the pillows... it was obviois that the bed had just been redone and no changing of the sheets. The next morning we found hair all over the walls of the shower. We had to call the emergency number...since the office was closed when the bed incident occured. They had a housekeeper here with fresh sheets within 45 mins or so. The next day they gave us a $50 gift card to a local restaurant. We'll be returning it to them and letting them know they need to take the charges off for the first night. I think the hotel is overall pretty good..but that was a huge slip up on their end. HUGE.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Traveljunkie526
haystackas, Owner at Inn at the Prom, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had with the room. We take great pride in how we clean our rooms and have never had this happen before. I have talk with housekeeping about this issue and we honestly do not understand how this could happen. The beds are completely stripped after each stay and replaced with clean sheets and comforters. As you can read from our past reviews we work hard to provide a quality place to stay an enjoy. I thank you for your feedback and hope you can give us another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had a great time at this little inn. Beautiful views and a nice room. I would recommend it to anyone.

We stayed in the King Suit with Ocean View, we had an amazing view of the beach a full kitchen, and very comfy king size bed. The location of the inn is a short block away from the main road which was very convenient. If you were to book this place I would say a room with a view is a must!
Would definitely return if I go back to Seaside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My friend and I spent 3 days at the Inn, and loved it. The room was wonderful. Very clean with a fireplace, kitchen, and full bath with a jacuzzi tub. The ocean was right outside our door. The staff was very accommodating. We were on a motorcycle and took day trips up the coast. We visited the wineries and cheese factories in Tillamook.

Room Tip: Get the new addition facing the ocean. They have decks with chairs and tables.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smartblondeaz
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Location, location, location! On top of that, a recent remodel with soothing decor, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and excellent service. The Inn is intimately sized compared to many of the surrounding hotels which is what gives it so much charm. Just steps from the boardwalk (literally) and Promenade, shopping, dining and more, you could not choose a better place to stay. We will definitely be back in the future and recommend it to anyone visiting Seaside. The Inn at the Prom is a "suite" experience you won't want to miss!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed 3 nights here and had such a great time. The office staff were friendly and helpful. We loved the big yard and easy access to the Promanade. The room was very clean and although a little small at first it was actually no more or less than we really needed. We loved having a fireplace to warm up, and relax to and the jet tub was a great feature. Having a kitchen was great with our size family( 4 + a baby ) we can't afford to eat out every meal. We were in #2 so no ocean view but it was very quite and no one above us which is really great. The only thing that would make the stay better is if there were a pool or spa even an outdoor hot tub, since the ocean isn't really warm to swim in that would be the only reason we would stay anywhere else is to have a pool/ spa available. Also I would suggest darker window coverings it was a bit bright in the morning. You can watch videos for free from the office and having free use of sand toys and beach chairs was great so we could save space in our car traveling down. We LOVE,LOVE, LOVED IT THERE! I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone visiting Seaside.
The Flatt family

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

As corporations begin taking over quaint Seaside, Oregon there is a hold out and that is Inn at the Prom. Book an ocean view room. There are 6 of them, I believe. You will be overlooking the town's promenade and have a direct, unobstructed view of the gorgeous Pacific. We stayed in #15 which was on the top floor. We had a nice balcony with a large table and chairs. The room had a sliding glass door which we had open all night long to hear the ocean waves. It was hypnotic. The room is a comfortable size (I'd call it medium sized) with a full sized stove/oven, ventilation hood, small sink and small fridge. It's also stocked with all sorts of pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, and glassware. The bathroom has a large Jacuzzi tub. There is no A/C but this is the Pacific Northwest coast. For desert rats like us, this is a cold climate. There was a fan provided for the room. The whole place has been remodeled recently and is clean. The staff is pleasant, friendly and helpful. This hotel is part of a family owned hotel enterprise in Cannon Beach and Seaside. I really hope that they keep the family feel to their establishments and don't sell out. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: get an ocean view room it you can
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple