“Mini vacations”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Puyallup, Washington
“Mini vacations”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The room was excellent, the bed and amenities were great. Had room number 11 and had a view of the ocean and was so soothing to hear the waves at night. Would definitely stay here again!!!
Was a wonderful way to spend time enjoying my hubby and the beautiful ocean.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Inn at the Prom September 9 through the 11th and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! It's location is great in beautiful Seaside! It is right off the beach and they offer folding chairs that we used to people watch. They are centrally located on the Prom, so you're right next to all the shops and attractions, yet we could walk down each way to explore a bit. The pricing was very reasonable. We enjoyed our room (#7) and found it was clean and perfect for our short stay. The tub is huge, the beds are comfy, and the kitchenette was a bonus (though we ate out most nights). We borrowed a DVD and turned the fan on for the night. The only recommendations we had were more counter space in the bathroom, and a screen on the door so we can leave it open, but we made due fine! Overall we loved Seaside and we loved the Inn at the Prom! The people are so friendly/relaxed and we certainly felt at home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephsjg
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here with my husband and young son during a recent vacation in Oregon. We liked this place mostly because of the oceanfront location and the cleanliness of the room. However, if we had not stayed in an oceanfront room, I would have rated this 3 stars rather than 4.

First, the pluses:

- As stated above, the location can't be beat. We stayed in room 8, which was on the ground floor. It had a private deck, from which we could access the walkway leading to the promenade and the beach. The Inn is also very convenient to downtown Seaside, and we were able to walk to all shops and restaurants.

- Our room was very clean, and the bathroom was spacious, with a large jacuzzi tub.

- Parking is free, as is WiFi.

- Other on-site amenities include complimentary coffee in the room, complimentary tea in the office (and it's the good stuff, i.e. Stash brand), beach chairs and sand toys on loan.

Here's where the place fell just a bit short, in my view:

- The room itself is very cramped. We had a king bed and a sofa bed, plus "full kitchen". Yes, it's a full kitchen in the sense that there's a stove/oven combination, microwave and dishware, but the sink is miniscule, and there's simply nowhere to put anything. There's a teeny table where we had to put our groceries, and since we were eating in a lot, I had to put dishes on the bed when I ran out of room.

- The room would benefit greatly from extra furniture for clothes storage. There is only an open closet (as one would find in a motel), and absolutely nowhere else to put clothes. Even hooks on the wall by the front door would help a lot.

- The bathroom is spacious (and actually wastes a lot of space, in my view), but again, there is nowhere to put anything. A tiny glass shelf does not suffice for toiletries for 2 adults and 1 child staying over 3 days.

- The toiletries themselves are meagre, and consist only of standard-type body wash and shampoo; no moisturizer or conditioner.

In sum, I think the Inn is trying hard to be a slightly more upscale property, but it is really a motel that has been renovated and gussied up a bit. The biggest thing going for it is the location, and some of the included amenities are also nice. We paid over $200/night for our room, which actually felt like it was a bit overpriced due to the cramped quarters. Mind you, we knew we were paying a premium for an oceanfront room.

If we return to Seaside in future, we would want to stay somewhere more spacious, and would probably look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose an oceanfront room; the other rooms face the parking lot and would not be worth it, in my vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CdnMtnGal
Battle Ground, Washington, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice, each time for our yearly anniversary. Definitely a great price. The hotel is beautiful with an ocean front view. The service was wonderful and the staff are incredibly nice. Walking distance to everything and a great restaurant at the main floor.

Room Tip: Definitely choose one of the ocean front suites if you can!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole_Starr
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am not one to write reviews. Ever. But I thought I should write a "warning" for guests. A warning not only for this hotel, but every hotel. When we first arrived here at the Inn at the Prom..it was a positive experience. The woman at the front desk was super friendly and helped me find good hiking trails for our for our family. The front desk service overall seems great. After the fact is when we had a problem. My husband and I make habit to do a 'run through' and check every hotel bed before we put ourselves or our toddler into it. We were getting ready to put our son into the bed when we found multiple spots of blood amoung other things on every sheet on the bed. It was disgusting. There were long red and brown hairs all over the pillows... it was obviois that the bed had just been redone and no changing of the sheets. The next morning we found hair all over the walls of the shower. We had to call the emergency number...since the office was closed when the bed incident occured. They had a housekeeper here with fresh sheets within 45 mins or so. The next day they gave us a $50 gift card to a local restaurant. We'll be returning it to them and letting them know they need to take the charges off for the first night. I think the hotel is overall pretty good..but that was a huge slip up on their end. HUGE.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Traveljunkie526
haystackas, Owner at Inn at the Prom, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had with the room. We take great pride in how we clean our rooms and have never had this happen before. I have talk with housekeeping about this issue and we honestly do not understand how this could happen. The beds are completely stripped after each stay and replaced with clean sheets and comforters. As you can read from our past reviews we work hard to provide a quality place to stay an enjoy. I thank you for your feedback and hope you can give us another chance to earn your business.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had a great time at this little inn. Beautiful views and a nice room. I would recommend it to anyone.

We stayed in the King Suit with Ocean View, we had an amazing view of the beach a full kitchen, and very comfy king size bed. The location of the inn is a short block away from the main road which was very convenient. If you were to book this place I would say a room with a view is a must!
Would definitely return if I go back to Seaside.

• Liked — Location and Views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My friend and I spent 3 days at the Inn, and loved it. The room was wonderful. Very clean with a fireplace, kitchen, and full bath with a jacuzzi tub. The ocean was right outside our door. The staff was very accommodating. We were on a motorcycle and took day trips up the coast. We visited the wineries and cheese factories in Tillamook.

Room Tip: Get the new addition facing the ocean. They have decks with chairs and tables.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple