“What's the use?”

Motel 6 Seaside Oregon
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Good Point is the pet area was clean. Bad points absolutely no parking available. I'm confused why they would put up a hotel and not plan for the guests to be able to park their cars....The second huge problem I had was the internet was shut down on all social websites by management choice. I could not access my email account, facebook, or youtube. What's the use in having internet access if your are going to be shut down from websites? We won't stay there again.
Our room had an old tube tv and the beds were noisy every time you rolled over....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This hotel offers a great value. Our room had a comfortable, clean sitting area and a nice flat screen tv. The free wifi worked great. Staff were helpful and friendly. We appreciated the pet friendly aspect. This isn't a fancy boutique hotel experience, but it was better than we were expecting for the money paid. Perfect for a small family on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 because it was pet friendly, but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the motel, the spacious room, very comfortable bed, HD TV with cable, couch, and a very friendly staff. The room was clean, close to town center (about 1 mile). I rated it a four because it was a good deal for the price ($78 after tax). The hallways do smell of smoke on occasion, even though we were in a non-smoking room. Our reservation was in order, checking in was very fast. Checking out was just a matter of returning the key,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank radar63
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I didn't expect much - and I didn't get much. Old hotel - and it looked it. My complaint was the guy behind the desk - taking MY credit card (female) and telling my partner (male) that he was setting him up with his "best room to get lucky." Seriously.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sbs910
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We went to a family wedding in Seaside Oregon and needed a pad to crash in afterward. So, we stayed at the Motel 6 on the highway. It had the basics and was clean. No frills. What do you expect from a Motel 6. Bed was a hard slab and we tossed and turned. But, like, it is a Motel 6! It's a 5 minute drive to Downtown Seaside and the beach. Best was the price: $98 for in season and they are Ok to rent for 1 night. The Best Western on the beach will nick you for $200 and require that you reserve two nights on the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SenorGregorio
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 on the last night of a four night trip to the Oregon coast. Mostly because I wanted a shorter drive back to Seattle the next day. The location is right on Highway 101 and not on the beach. My room was back a little from the road and I didn't really notice any highway noise.
The room ended up costing over $75 instead of the advertised $53.99, which seemed a little high, even with the tax. But, I was too tired at this point to really care.

I am giving it a "poor" and not a "terrible" because the front desk lady when I checked in was very friendly. Upon check-in I asked if they had any rooms left with fridges and she said no, but then checked and discovered one available. I had my dog with me, so I got a pet friendly, non-smoking room. The room smelled horrible! I think it had once been a smoking room. It also smelled like a crazy cat lady had brought all her cats and let them use it as a litter box. My dog was very interested in smelling a certain spot in the room. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in that I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet in.

The couch was absolutely filthy, but the bed seemed clean and I didn't find it uncomfortable. There was a small amount of black mold in the bathroom. The timer knob on the microwave was broken. I was surprised that there was no shampoo or conditioner, just soap. Maybe this is standard for Motel 6? I just expect that for $75 I should get at least these little niceities.

On the plus side, the hotel was completely booked, yet it was quiet. I had no trouble sleeping. In the evening I went to the lobby to get some coffee (no coffee maker in the room either, but I knew that going in) and there wasn't any. The nice desk clerk made some for me.

So as I said, I'm giving this a "poor" rating because the service was super friendly. I can't give it an "average" because an average room to me has shampoo, conditioner, coffee maker, etc. Next time I stay in Seaside, I will spend a little more on a nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank SeattleJen41
Reviewed 14 July 2012

If your looking for an average room with no frills attached to it, this is the place. Beats paying an inflated price of a room that you have no clue on what you are going to find in it.

• Stayed: July 2012