“Bargain”

Seashore Inn on the Beach
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Affordable, clean, friendly service. Don't expect fancy. The location is excellent though, and the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. The mattresses are extremely comfortable and the hotel is quiet. I would stay here again!

3  Thank David D
There are newer reviews for Seashore Inn on the Beach

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hotel has a perfect location. Right on the beach, two doors down from the aquarium and right down the street from the promenade with all of the shopping. We had lots of people walk by that were very jealous of our third floor, beach view balcony. The staff was very nice, and the room was clean. This is not a 5 star type of hotel. The rooms are very basic and you are definitely paying for location here. They are the only hotel in Seaside with any sort of complimentary breakfast. It is small, but it's free, so we were thankful. We spent lots of time in the pool and spa wen it rained. All in all we had a great stay and would go back again.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms on the third floor are perfect for snuggling on a chair under a blanket and watchin...
1  Thank Kristi F
hotellover88, Property Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Very happy that your family had a great vacation at the Seashore Inn ... on the Beach. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Seaside. Paul M. Jinneman, Property Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2013

First, I will tell you we were looking for a budget friendly hotel with extra amenities. The room was clean and housekeeping was friendly. One comment; I did find lipstick on one of the coffee cups. They are just hand washed, so I would recommend you wash them again before use. The Front Desk was efficient but I just did not get a real warm feeling when dealing with them. However, since our time spent at the Front Desk was minimal, I can overlook this. The breakfast consisted of coffee, a small juice, muffin, oatmeal or bagel. It was free so, no complaints there. The indoor pool area was nicely kept and we did make use of this amenity. Check in and check out times are generous, as was the parking. There is a single coin operated washer/dryer on site, which is ever so helpful. The views were great, as is the beach access. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, all rooms are ocean front, so there is no bad choice.
1  Thank Elizabeth J
hotellover88, Property Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Seashore. Thank you for calling our attention to the lipstick on your coffee cup. I can assure you we have a commercial grade dishwasher and all coffee cups are supposed to be washed in the dishwasher after every visit. I have reviewed this requirement with our managers to ensure this does not happen again. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Seaside. Paul M. Jinneman, Property Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Please see my last review in June, 2012...everything I wrote then is what I would say now. Location, staff, accommodations....the best! A great variety of rooms...something for everyone! The 2nd & 3rd floor oceanfront rooms will give you the best view (windows on 2, balconies on 3); if you don't care about the view, rooms in the back building are also nice. If you are traveling alone or don't mind "togetherness" my fav is #136...ground floor with partial ocean view. It is small...very, v-e-r-y small, but it works great for me! Off season rates are lower, and the beach is great year-round. There's an indoor pool with a jacuzzi too, plus a continental breakfast (or restaurants within a short walk, should you want more). Rooms have a refrigerator and microwave too. Remember, you are at the beach...there will be sand around, there will be moisture...this is not the "Ritz"...it's a great, friendly motel in a fun little beach town....enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
hotellover88, Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Very happy to learn the Seashore Inn ... on the Beach is your favorite place to stay in Seaside. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Seaside. Ron and Debbie Blum

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

The location is great, so you are paying for that. The deluxe rooms have been remodeled but are still basic. The breakfast in morning is not worth getting up for. I don't think I would pay $189 in summer, but maybe $99 if running a special. The room needed to be cleaned better we found stuff under bed. We had one chair to sit outside and they did not have another one for us to use.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Aside from the weather (torrential rains and high winds) for our spring break which wasn't great, this hotel was wonderful. We fortunately had an ocean view room so we could watch the storms from our deck or inside.

The room was a nice size for 2 adults and 2 kids (9-yrs old). There was a good size mini-fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable. My only "complaints" was that I wish there were more outlets to plug cell phones, ipads, etc. into. I might bring a power supply/ext. cord on my next trip to accommodate our "electronics". I also wish that there were more hooks / bars to hang damp towels and clothing from to dry after pool time / beach time.

We could watch the kids playing on the beach and the town was close enough for them to walk into. They had a nice size pool the kids played in everyday. The jacuzzi was just right. Saw people using the sauna, but never went in myself.

The continental breakfast was simple - but adequate. The hotel had toys available to play down at the beach with and had firewood and smore supplies for sale for bonfires. I really liked the cute way they folded the towels!

Hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful from initial phone call to checking-out.

I would most definitely stay at Seashore Inn again! It was very family friendly!

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms with the deck were nice to be able to go out and/or have the door open for fresh ai...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori-Ann R
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This isn't no fancy place, but this is a true beach hotel. This was our first time here, in Seaside, Or. and we loved it! This place is so close to the beach, Clean, and the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. When I first called to book a room I spoke to Bethany, She was so friendly, I new we were going to a good place. So, not to leave anyone out, the whole staff is wounder full and friendly, I just mostly spoke to Bethany. I even took her some chocolate cake as a thank you!

This Hotel is a must stay in Seaside. I love the family feel of this place, your treated like your already friends as soon as you walk into the door. Great place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple