“Choose Rooms With An Ocean View”

Seashore Inn on the Beach
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Yakima, Washington
“Choose Rooms With An Ocean View”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have stayed here for 6 vacations. We have always booked an ocean view room. These rooms have wonderful BIG views of the ocean.
This time we thought we would go cheaper and pick a non-ocean view room. The first room we were put in needed repair and was awful. It had tiny windows, no artwork and fraying carpet. I was so dismayed at the accommodations. With being loyal repeat customers, staying 3 nights at $150 a night; being offered this room was an insult.
Then we were given another room with a partial view (glimpse) of the ocean. It was just okay. No air-conditioning but there was a fan.
My husband and I have decided that after traveling to get to the beach, we would rather pay for upgraded rooms WITH a view.
The staff was pleasant.
New to this trip were little notifications on the mirror, check-in bill and on the room table regarding tipping of staff, gifting (stealing) of towels and other rules. Not what I am used to but I guess necessary.
I am not sure if I will stay again.

1 Thank Grace S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would like to recognize all of the staff at the Sea Shore Inn, in Seaside Oregon for what they did for me. The weekend of July 28th 2013, I reserved a beach front room for me and my girlfriend of 4 yrs.…. The room was very clean it had a king size bed and a HUGE window facing the ocean, also a microwave and mini refrigerator. If I had one negative thing to say about this place it would be the price for one night was a bit high. I understand that the end of July is prime beach time so it’s not that big of deal. Long story short I planned to propose to her on a private sunset horseback ride with a surprise picnic where I proposed during the sunset provided by Oregonbeachrides.com. The staff at Sea Shore Inn went above and beyond to keep all of this a secret for me. I went as far as to ask Debbie, one of the managers to recommend a florist in Seaside that would provide a fantastic arrangement for my soon to be fiancé, to arrive to our room when we got back from our horseback ride. Debbie recommended a local florist by the name of Mimis, the Web site is mimisflowersinseaside.com. I will contact Minis over and over again in the future for any flowers that I need. To be honest all I had to do was call Mimis and tell her my plans, Mimi and her team put together a fantastic arrangement that I could never imagine. Everything was more than I could ever ask for… Thanks to all the wonderful staff at the Sea Shore Inn and everyone else from the bottom of my heart that was apart of my unforgettable weekend.

Sinisterly.

David Petersdorf

Staff was AMAZING!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
hotellover88, Property Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
So very happy we were able to make your weekend very special. You have our best wishes for a very blessed marriage.
seattle
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have had a wonderful conversation with a hospitality professional at this Inn. I teach Hospitality and Customer service and because I had a question about an on-line booking I called directly. I was treated with respect, and give all the information needed. I am looking forward to celebrating my B-day next week and I am sure a similar post will follow!

1 Thank alkigirl1
Puyallup, Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This vacation get away reminds me of Ocean Beach Hotel in San Diego, CA. We immediately loved this place because the beach was just a few steps away from our room. The beach town in Seaside was great fun. A lot of places to eat, sit down and enjoy a glass of wine and overlook the busy street of what the small town has to offer. Our room had a great picture window and a small kitchenette (standard). Just a short distance away, you can drive up the coast and visit the town of Tillamook and see how they make this famous cheese. Staff at the Inn were very friendly. Highly recommend for a beach get away.

Room Tip: The Inn has 3 floors, depends on how much you want to spend but we stayed on the first floor with a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary M
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Really really disliked this place. Never before have I stayed at a hotel where the staff acted like having guests was a terrible nuisance! Threatening notes taped in the bathroom about charges if you use or need bathroom supplies. Threatening notes left in hotel room book about ommp smoking and that they WILL call the police on you. Who threatens their hotel guests??? I thought I was booking into a nice upscale oceanfront resort/hotel. Oh my NO! They even had a sign if you would like firewood for fire on the beach... $5 for 4 sticks! Sign said bottle water in your room $5, ugh! What a rip off. Oceanview king room was tiny and cramped!!! Room price was only thing big about the place, $185.00! Should have been called promenade room since that was really what was right outside, lots and lots of people. And then the dirty beach...
the beach was filthy right in front of this hotel. Trash and beercans everywhere! Obviously the hotel does no clean up but doesn't the city have a beach clean up department? It was truly disgusting to go to the beach and have to wade through garbage to get to the ocean!
So if you really want to go to the beautiful Oregon coast AVOID Seaside Oregon! There's lots of other Oregon towns that like tourists and their money and will treat you right! Let's ALL go elsewhere, Avoiding Seashore Inn at Seaside completely.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank grannybud
hotellover88, Property Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We're sorry that your expectations were not met by the Seashore Inn and the town of Seaside. We are not a resort hotel but do pride ourselves on our great customer service as evidenced by many other reviews on this site. There are a number of very fine resort hotels on the Oregon Coast in very upscale locations that may be better suited to your needs. We wish you the best for your future travels.
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Drove up the Oregon coast from Florence and arrived at Seaside about 4PM. We didn't have reservations, but my partner had her heart set on a beachside room. I explained to the front desk lady our wants and told her it would probably be out of our price range but since it wasn't the busy season yet she gave us a 2 queen ground floor room with a huge picture window looking out on the beach for $125. Perfect for two people from New Mexico that probably won't get to visit the Oregon coast again. As other people have mentioned they have a pool, hot tub, and sauna but we didn't use any of them. Room had fridge and microwave. Very nice shower. Bathroom very clean with sink in separate room from shower and toilet. Always a bonus. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Comfy beds and quiet. Had a great night's sleep. Had a nice walk on the beach next morning. Very limited, but free, muffins and juice in lobby in AM. Also hot coffee. Only downside of the stay was thick cloud cover in evening so I couldn't get a sunset picture of the ocean. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patrick M
New York, NY
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed for two mid-week nights in June in an ocean view third floor room, using a Living Social deal. Although the hotel has no charm (one is welcomed by 'no smoking' signs plastered all over the parking area), its location right on the beach cannot be beat. Check-in, while not altogether welcoming, was efficient. The lobby is very small and doesn't open until 8am, when a continental breakfast is served until 10am (but don't be late, as things are put away promptly at 10). There is an assortment of games which can be borrowed at no charge; rental DVDs are available for for $3. Our room was large, with comfortable beds and decent lighting. Vanity was in the room. The small bathroom had a stall shower that was made to look like a tub (good luck taking a bath!). Housekeeping was okay, but on our first day the room was not cleaned until after 3pm. If you can get a good deal and a beachfront location is important, then this place might fill the bill.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple