“Repeat guests”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Austin, TX
“Repeat guests”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We love the Seashore - the location right on the beach, the wonderful, caring staff and newly renovated rooms. Breakfast is included but is light - muffins, bagels, yogurt, juice, coffee. Rooms are nice, bed is comfy. The balconies are small but you are not in your room much. Prime location on the beach can't be beat, especially for the price. We are repeat guests and would not go anywhere else. Their customer service is above and beyond and you can really tell they care about your stay.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank AustinTexas1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Very much enjoyed a four-night stay in August 2013. Late booking so had to have a room in the annex at the rear of the hotel, but was perfectly adequate, comfortable bed, plenty of room and light. Found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Superb location on the beach and with all that Seaside has to offer right on the doorstep. Would certainly go there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We wanted to stay on the beach for one night on our Washington & Oregon vacation & decided on Seaside since it's a small beach town. The hotel was right on the beach and walking distance to restaurants & shops. The free breakfast is only muffins & bagels, but they tell you this when you check in. The rooms were clean the price was reasonable to be directly on the beach

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bsr1065
hotellover88, Property Manager at Seashore Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Seashore Inn. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Seaside.
Pineville, Missouri
Reviewed 12 August 2013

For a fair price you can stay right on the beach with easy walking to all the touristy places in this town. Small rooms, nothing fancy, small lobby, meager breakfast but if an ocean location is what you want this place will fill the bill and not break the bank. The staff is as friendly as they can be for as busy as they are, the phone never stopped ringing all the time we were trying to check in. Would have liked the place better if the fog hadn't rolled in 10 minutes after we arrived and never left.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Seashore Inn. Sorry about the fog - we've had an unseasonably cool summer with more fog than usual. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Seaside - hopefully on a sunny day!
Minden, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A family vacation turned disgraceful when we checked into a old 70's motel in dire need of updating and repairs. What a downer it was! We paid far to much money for what we got. The cleaning staff will not clean your room unless they are asked to. You reuse all your towels until you complain to the office to get new ones. Then the motel leaves you an envelope on your table asking you to tip their staff. The balcony was a nearly 3 foot wide by 5 foot long which left no space to move about once you got your chair in place. We booked adjoining rooms because we liked what we saw posted on their web sight only one was oceanfront. We certainly did not get the rooms we saw or anything close to what we thought we were booking. We had small children and got phone calls from the front desk telling us the people below us were complaining about the noise we were making as we walked on the floor. NINE O'CLOCK is quiet time no noise, which became a joke to us because they had taken out all the carpet and put in the cheapest flooring possible. Our beds were a hide-away pull out couch bed and a bed in the wall you had to pull out every night and make before retiring. Just try to keep quiet shuffling around making 2 pull out beds with children.

Room Tip: don't stay at Seashore Inn at the beach in Seaside Oregon
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Anne D
We are sorry you were disappointed in your stay. We invested over $100K upgrading the Inn last winter, including the room you stayed in. We've actually received quite a few compliments on the new Travertine flooring that costs twice as much as carpet. 10:00 p.m. is our quiet time for the convenience of all guests. We received three complaints from other guests about noise from your room. We truly hope the rest of your family vacation went well.
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have stayed here for 6 vacations. We have always booked an ocean view room. These rooms have wonderful BIG views of the ocean.
This time we thought we would go cheaper and pick a non-ocean view room. The first room we were put in needed repair and was awful. It had tiny windows, no artwork and fraying carpet. I was so dismayed at the accommodations. With being loyal repeat customers, staying 3 nights at $150 a night; being offered this room was an insult.
Then we were given another room with a partial view (glimpse) of the ocean. It was just okay. No air-conditioning but there was a fan.
My husband and I have decided that after traveling to get to the beach, we would rather pay for upgraded rooms WITH a view.
The staff was pleasant.
New to this trip were little notifications on the mirror, check-in bill and on the room table regarding tipping of staff, gifting (stealing) of towels and other rules. Not what I am used to but I guess necessary.
I am not sure if I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grace S
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would like to recognize all of the staff at the Sea Shore Inn, in Seaside Oregon for what they did for me. The weekend of July 28th 2013, I reserved a beach front room for me and my girlfriend of 4 yrs.…. The room was very clean it had a king size bed and a HUGE window facing the ocean, also a microwave and mini refrigerator. If I had one negative thing to say about this place it would be the price for one night was a bit high. I understand that the end of July is prime beach time so it’s not that big of deal. Long story short I planned to propose to her on a private sunset horseback ride with a surprise picnic where I proposed during the sunset provided by Oregonbeachrides.com. The staff at Sea Shore Inn went above and beyond to keep all of this a secret for me. I went as far as to ask Debbie, one of the managers to recommend a florist in Seaside that would provide a fantastic arrangement for my soon to be fiancé, to arrive to our room when we got back from our horseback ride. Debbie recommended a local florist by the name of Mimis, the Web site is mimisflowersinseaside.com. I will contact Minis over and over again in the future for any flowers that I need. To be honest all I had to do was call Mimis and tell her my plans, Mimi and her team put together a fantastic arrangement that I could never imagine. Everything was more than I could ever ask for… Thanks to all the wonderful staff at the Sea Shore Inn and everyone else from the bottom of my heart that was apart of my unforgettable weekend.

Sinisterly.

David Petersdorf

Staff was AMAZING!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
So very happy we were able to make your weekend very special. You have our best wishes for a very blessed marriage.