Seashore Inn on the Beach
River Inn at Seaside(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$150
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$140
HIExpress.com
Ashore Hotel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hotels.com
Inn at the Prom(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$100
Quality Inn Seaside Oregon(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$89
QualityInn
Inn at the Shore(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$98
The Gilbert Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$133
Hotels.com
Beachside Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$189
All reviewspicture windowcontinental breakfastroom was cleanmain buildingjuice and coffeethird floorpool and hot tubolder hotelpeople watchmini fridge and microwaveoceanfront roomwithin walking distanceno air conditioningthe location is perfectspring breakget awaybalcony
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great accommodations , family friendly. Breakfast included , ocean views, beach towels and toys provider. All of seaside seems to be on the rundown side and while the rooms seemed dated I wouldn't call them run down. I would recommend this to friends and family who agree you go to the coast to be on the coast not in your room!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you like waking up to the sound of the ocean, this is your place. When they say on the beach, you are on the beach. The only thing separating you is a cute promenade which goes down the beach. It’s a great place to people watch. The staff at the hotel are welcoming and friendly. There was an initial mix up of our reservation but Bethany handled it effortlessly and found a great solution for us.

Positives:
Downtown is an easy stroll and there are plenty of things to do and see nearby (when you get tired of the beach of course). In the evening you can have campfires on the beach, which many people do. The hotel will sell you everything you need for it for $10, which when comparing to the nearby Safeway was actually a pretty good deal for what you got. There are also complimentary towels for the beach specifically at the hotel. There is complimentary sandcastle equipment for the kids to use. The pool also has life vests for children and towels are readily available. There is coffee available at all times the office is open.

Negatives:
Although the room was sufficiently clean on our arrival, the rooms don't get as thoroughly cleaned as I would have liked (e.g. vacuuming is a bit lacking, table wasn’t wiped down). Our room didn't have air conditioning which wasn't much of a problem as fans were provided. I did notice that as we were getting ready to leave the temp outside was much warmer and it became a bit uncomfortable. If you are looking for a big breakfast, this is not your place. Only muffins and bagels with juice and coffee are provided. However, that was plenty for us. I will say that although the muffins were packaged (e.g. not fresh), they were moist and delicious.

All in all I would recommend this place for anyone.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room...its worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BHL1967
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms appear to of been redone recently. The location cannot be beat! Wonderful views! The staff was really nice! Breakfast is bagels, muffins, coffee and juice. It was ok by me because bagels are something I only get on vacation.l. In my opinion here are the pros and cons
Pros:
Location!
Quiet
Nice staff
Updated room
Big tv
Clean
Feel it's safe around here

Cons:
Parking by the rooms were full
Internet connection was slow. Didn't really get on wifi while we were here
TV channels would not change. It was after hours and didn't want to call the office but it was a bit of an inconvenience.
Rooms are a bit pricey but I feel they are comparable to others in the area

Overall the good outweighs the bad and I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe view rooms are nice with a balcony not all rooms have views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MM8013
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here 6/27 for 4 nights for a bucket list trip. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the staff, the room, the beach, and this town! Any room is great, but I would definitely recommend one of the upper floors just because of the balcony. Great for people watching and just watching the ocean at sunset!

The beds are SO comfy, which is one of my biggest worries when I travel. I have health issues and if I don't sleep well I get very sick. Not a problem here! Clean, soft bed and an assortment of pillows that are heavenly!

Continental breakfast is basic but free, so no complaints there.

The town is GREAT, I think that some people are expecting a resort type upper class beach area but that is not what Seaside is. I would move here in a heartbeat, and everywhere I went the people were friendly and welcoming! Mike who owns the Rasta Shop on Broadway was super nice and told me about a lot of local attractions, as well as Cannon Beach and Astoria. Tillamook has killer cheese, it is a definite trip and Astoria has the Goonies house :) Seaside is very down to earth and middle class hard working residents are always welcoming, which made me feel very at home. There is a Safeway grocery store minutes away as is Rite Aid, an outlet mall, movie theater, and a great tattoo shop. Also I highly recommend hitting the Fred Myer superstore on way back from Astoria to grab your cheap beach stuff.

Bottom line, I would come back to Seashore Inn every month if I could! You cannot ask for a better staff, cleaner rooms, or more peace of mind than here. FYI, I am a single female who was traveling alone, and I can honestly say I always felt safe at this hotel and in town no matter what time of day or night it was.

Room Tip: Balcony, upper floors! Never had noise problems at all. Rooms have a fan that plugs in which is great, since most hotels around here do not have a/c.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank imagemaker1313
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, but we probably won't come back, although it's probably more because of the area. There were a lot of people smoking in the area, and the town looked fairly poor. The hotel, though, was nice. The view from our room was spectacular. The room was clean, roomy, and it had refrigerator and microwave. Hotel staff was friendly. There were free beach towels and free buckets and shovels for kids to play in the sand. The hotel also has a pool, hot tub, sauna, and sun room. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, but the sauna never got warm. The breakfast wasn't very impressive. It just had tea/coffee, Ocean Spray brand orange and apple juice, cheap muffins, bagels, and oranges. Overall, if not the area, we would probably come back. We drove to Cannon Beach, which is about 15 minutes away, and the town looked a lot nicer, although I would guess that hotels are more expensive there.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple