“Average accommodations”

Inn at Seaside
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The check in was quick and the individuals who were at the front desks were friendly and helpful. We had reserved a room with a kitchenette--wanted a refrig and microwave. One could have done light cooking. These rooms were located on the third floor. The room was okay, clean, had WiFi. The ice machine was working. I just can't rate it overall more than average, however. It was located near the convention center if that is important and we were able to walk to the beach and restaurants without any problems. The person on duty recommended a restaurant which turned out to be very nice.

The town was very crowded with lots of families who obviously were having a great time. Since my husband and I are seniors and we aren't interested in bumper cars and rowdy types of activities, we would have been better served staying in Cannon Beach, just eight miles south, but this was not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you checked-in quick with no problems. Glad to know our staff was friendly and you enjoyed our location. Yes, Seaside is very busy during July & August as it is a top family destination for the Oregon Coast. Winter is our quietest time of the year perhaps you can visit us again depending on your preference. We hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

This is a very clean and well maintained property in a great location.
Service was very good and the rooms were spacious and clean.
The ladies at the front desk are very friendly and courteous.
It was a bit pricey for what it is but this time of year (summer) all good hotels in the OR coast are double of their regular price but for us it was worth it!!"

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for writing us a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I made a reservation a week before my arrival.she took my email ad and said she will send me confirmation#. on the 3rd day before my arrival i need to cancelled bacause somebody on our family passed away. Check my email no confirmation number was send. I called the hotel and receptionist (corina) answer the phone and said she can cancell it but we will be charge of the first night stay..nobody wants to pay for something they cant consume!!! She said only the manager can help me on that matter. I ask any supervisor or manager who can help me that time she said nobody was there aside her.. Im not stupid to believe theres no manager or supervisor on duty! She ask me my contact number so manager can call me according to her.nobody call.i doubt she write down my # & my concern..she sound to bossy and unprofessional..my rate is "0" for this hotel

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 621Nel
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. We are sorry about your experience. Our front desk agent was following procedure as cancellation refunds outside the policy needs to be handled by management. As soon as I stepped into the office that day your concern was brought to my attention. Your reservation “outside the time period” was cancelled with no charge. We do value our guest concerns and we understand any emergency can happen to anybody anytime. If you have further concerns don’t hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I won a bid on a one night stay here. We extended it one night. I hadn't been to Seaside for many years and had never stayed there. The hotel is across the street from the convention center. It is a few blocks from the Prom and beach.
The room was very clean and came with everything. The check-in was surprisingly welcoming. I was almost taken aback by their enthusiasm. It appears to be an older motel that is updating where they can without incurring the expense of a complete remodel. There are no grand ocean views here but you don't really need it since the ocean is so close. The only minus is the continental breakfast. This is about the same as you'd find elsewhere. We've decided to skip these after this and go to a real restaurant. They do provide fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and freshly popped popcorn in the evening. They do have an extensive list of DVDs to borrow. I'm a movie buff but I couldn't find anything that I hadn't already seen or wanted to see. This hotel also sets aside pet friendly rooms. The hotel is very quiet. I didn't hear any street noise, loud voices, screaming children or barking dogs. I would recommend this motel as a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel is very well set up for pets. There's a very convenient dog walking area with bags provided. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and there is free wifi and a huge selection of DVDs on loan at no additional cost. Breakfast is convenient and offers a wide selection. Just about anyone will find something to his liking.

Some may appreciate the wall mounted dispensers of soap, shampoo and conditioners for their environmental consciousness, since no waste is generated in the form of little plastic bottles or paper wrappings on bars of soap, not to mention the half-used bars of soap that most guests will leave. Others will miss the convenience of bars of soap and bottles of shampoo. Our party split on this one.

We stayed two nights in the 2 bedroom suite with a friend from out of town. It's quite cost effective, but the room that contains the shower and toilet gives out into the main sitting area. It's a very small room with no place to lay out clean clothes. Many will find it a cramped space in which to dress. One must therefore be a bit of a contortionist, or be sufficiently comfortable with one's body and one's company to emerge from the shower with a smile and little else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Inn at Seaside offers a number of amenities for vacationers: free movies--free wi-fi--free breakfast--plus it is centrally located in Seaside so that everything is within walking distance. Being directly across the street from the convention center, it would be an ideal location for anyone attending an event there. However I must state that the bed was a disappointment. It was like a lot of other beds that I've slept in at hotels and motels over the years: hard and unforgiving. I averaged about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. But to be fair in this my assessment is subjective, in that I have had back problems since I was in my teens. What didn't work for me in this regard may work for you. Nonetheless, the staff strives to make sure your stay is a good one--and if a firm bed is to your liking then I would recommend the Inn at Seaside.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! Thank you for bringing your room experience to our attention. We have investigated the room you stayed in and the mattress in that room was replaced only a month ago. Our goal is to provide the guest with comfortable beds to ensure a good night’s sleep. We are really sorry to hear you had some difficulties to sleep during your stay.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and other amenities. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our two night stay at the beach was perfect, thanks to the staff at Inn at Seaside. The rooms were perfect and even made sure our cat was provided for (paid a little extra, but so worth it).
Our Father's Day weekend was perfect, thanks to your wonderful hospitality!

Thanks Linda and staff!

Room Tip: A little noisy - choose inside rooms.