“Friendliest staff ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland
“Friendliest staff ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Inn at Seaside is just 3 blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from Broadway, so it has a great location and the staff were the nicest people we've come across in our travels in a long time. They welcomed us, happily accommodated changes to our stay and were super helpful whenever we needed it. The hotel is right next to the convention center and right behind the Carousel Mall. The room was basic but the beds were comfortable and the price was decent. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms farther west have a view of the activity around the north side of the mall.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was very happy with our accomodations at the Inn at Seaside. We had a room with two queens and a kitchenette. It was very spacious and comfortable, and there were free DVD rentals (which we enjoyed). All the downtown Seaside activities (including the beach) were within walking distance, without paying the extra cost of being right on the beach. The Inn is clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was decent (although a bit crowded, being August). I particulary liked the boardwalk along the river, just right across the street. The only downside is the pool is small, however, that did not matter much since our 6 year old is new to swimming, so he doesn't need much of a deep end.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Located only a short distance from shops and the beach. However, the pillows and bed were not at all comfortable. I had a difficult time trying to sleep. My kids enjoyed the pool but I was disappointed there was a permanently covered over hot tub that couldn't be used. My overall experience was mixed.

Fairview, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is my first time staying at Inn at Seaside. I was coordinating a wedding that weekend in Warrenton. The bride booked my hotel. That evening, prior to check-in, I got lost. I called the Inn and the receptionist was the most friendly and helpful lady I have ever spoken to! I felt like we were good friends after I hung up the phone! For check-in, she answered all my questions, directed me to where my room was and let me know if I had any more questions to call! My room was great! Extremely comfortable beds, had plenty of accessories if I didn't have any! I stayed 2 nights and I LOVED it! It's right in the middle of Seaside. I got a coupon for my next visit and I will most definitely be staying there again! Thanks so much for such a great experience!

Room Tip: The 2 queen bed room is spacious and has everything you need!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We have now stayed at the Inn at Seaside three times, and you would think that in one of these visits the staff would slip up and cause somekind of discomfort. But NO they haven't! The service and staff are beyond excellent standards! Even our little Jack Russle (Dora) feels so comfortable she doesn't bark if we leave her in the room for a few hours. I own my own business and I wish I could get my employees to give the same friendly service to our customers. Would you like to send me one of your staff to train mine? We will be back!

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in has been very comfortable and clean.
1 Thank Rod D
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear your feedback of the friendliness of our staff and we are glad to hear your stay is always comfortable. We will be sharing your review with all our staff! Thanks again, and hope to see you and your family soon!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was visiting Seaside with my family and I needed a pet-friendly hotel. The staff were great, friendly and we loved the home made cookies at check-in. The layout of the room was great, as well as the decent continental breakfast. It's super easy to get to the beach, to the main drag and you can even walk to the outlet stores. My only complaint is that the wi-fi only worked in the lobby area. One of the staff members tried to reset the router for me, but it didn't help. I was there on vacation, so I went without convenient internet access for 3 days. If I were to go back on business however, I would choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the convention center can be a little noisy.
1 Thank ackeegirl
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our room and friendlessness of our staff. Sorry to hear you had an inconvenience with our Wi-Fi. We are in the process of updating our Wireless Internet system to make it faster and stronger and look forward to the upgrade very soon. We hope you give us another try when you need accommodations in Seaside. Best Regards,
Happy Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

What a wonderful time we had at the Inn at Seaside! The moment we arrived we were treated with such hospitality and kindness. Tammi was so friendly and made our two year old daughter feel so special! Our room was not ready (we were 3 hours early) but received a call right when it was! The evening cookies and popcorn was such a treat and a wonderful way to make a guest feel at home. We utilized the huge selection of free DVDs and cuddled in our comfy bed while watching The Polar Express!
We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear that Tami went above and beyond to make your stay extra special. Happy to know you were able to check-in early and enjoy free popcorn/movie from the comfort of your room. Best Regards,