“cleaned my own room”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Boise, Idaho
“cleaned my own room”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Did we stay at the same motel? Beds uncomfortable, dated linens, crowded tiny room was depressing. Sorta clean.
The first morning we waited for the room to be cleaned and they finally came at 2:30 in the afternoon. We had to listen to the vacuum and move around while a teenage boy tried to clean. The second morning, I had to CLEAN OUR ROOM MYSELF and take the DIRTY TOWELS DOWN AND TRY TO FIND SOME CLEAN ONES. Not ok for a vacation and we all get to do that at home.
Movie collection outdated and terrible VCR. You have got to be kidding. No pool or sauna.
Crummy little convenience store pastry for "breakfast" and only coffee which we don't drink.
Yes, they are friendly but it hardly mattered. I felt sad that we had spent our precious vacation days at this place. I am not that picking but this place is just terrible and not that cheap.

Room Tip: probably none
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jannytwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was looking for a clean, inexpensive room with WiFi. Jay responded to my email almost immediately and for the price there was no better deal in Seaside. Jay, Don, Ruth and the rest of the staff were super friendly and that's why I give Hillcrest Inn a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Ask for the "Puffin room" if you want the budget option.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bob5440
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have never stayed anywhere where the staff has been quite so friendly and welcoming. They treated me like I was a good friend. Stayed in one of the Columbia Rooms with a jetted tub, which was SOOO wonderful! Highly recommend this lovely place! Rooms are very clean and comfortable.
I am hosting a retreat at the Hillcrest House and was visiting to check out the place. The House is very cozy and homey. Am excited to bring my clients here for a lovely weekend!

Room Tip: Splurge on a jaccuzi room- so worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lyn D
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This September I had the pleasure of staying at the Hillcrest Inn which I found via TripAdvisor. Not only was I spoiled with the best service imaginable, but they offered an incredibly reasonable rate for their Hideaway room (perfect for a single individual - -especially if you riding through on a bike). The room is clean and very comfortable. There's a private bathroom for you as well and you can't beat the price. The Hillcrest Inn even has a few underground parking spaces and the staff was extremely accommodating. The location is perfect and an easy walk to the beach, shops and restaurants.

I highly recommend that you stay there. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The HideAway Room for the solo traveller.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PBABD
Woodstock CT
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Hillcrest for 2 nights in August. What a great place! The staff went out of their way to ask how our day was, and if there was anything they could do for us. The room, which was like a small apartment was very clean. The kitchen was well stocked with plates, pots and pans and cleaning supplies. It was so relaxing. They also supplied us with a beach blanket and beach towels. I am definitely staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travellerWoodstockCT
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I can't say enough about the Hillcrest! We spent 16 days there in August, and it was one of the best vacations we've ever had. Everyone there made us feel like family. I can't say enough about this place. We're planning on going back after Christmas to enjoy a winter experience like we did this year. To anyone who might be looking for a place to stay at Seaside....stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. The cottages are our favorite, but being that there are only 3, you have to bo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I chose the Hillcrest Inn, I'll admit it, at first because it was the cheapest place I found online. Then I read the glowing TripAdvisor reviews and made the call.
I generally don't really like motels because they tend to share a sameness and a disconnect from their location. You get no sense of place or personality.
The Hilcrest Inn definitely reflects personality and its place in the community. The owners became friends from the moment we talked, called me by my first name, guided me to the best eateries and even invited me to use the barbecue grill and charcoal so I could host family members staying at other places for some grilled salmon.
I left a charger in the room when I checked out, and they called me and offered to mail it.
Sure the place is a bit dated, but I felt that added charm and color to the stay. The room was immaculate and the bed was comfy, so I don't care how worn the carpet might have been. I'd return in a heartbeat, and plan to do so next time I'm in Seaside.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo