“So Disappointing”

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersGold level
“So Disappointing”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was very disappointing from the first time we stayed at Worldmark Seaside than the second time. The first time was with timeshare holders and it was wonderful. The second time was frustrating from the moment of check-in until the time we left. First impression, our room wasn't ready until 6pm, check in was supposed to be at 4pm. was that they couldn't find my reservation, then they were extremely rude, then you have to go to two different desks to get checked in and then your parking pass. Then when we finally get checked in, we keep getting phone calls about a breakfast (they wanted to sell us a timeshare). They called us a total of 6 times, and that is while we were actually in the room. Not to mention it was 7:50am in the morning. Then on the Saturday night that we were there it was just after 10pm when the pool closes and we were trying to cut through because someone in our family broke his leg recently. So instead of politely explaining that they couldn't let us through, the maintenance man was incredibly rude and snappy. Not that it was a big surprise seeing the level of customer service that we had experienced by then. We were considering purchasing a timeshare until this weekend. We certainly will not do it with WorldMark.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jdues00

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel!. Rooms are amazing and very well situated to enable you to see the ocean. Although, we did decide to go to the "continental" breakfast to learn more about owning your vacation. Waste of time! They were very pushy and the food was horrible. Highly recommend the hotel but not the sales meeting!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mackenzie W
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I checked into the Seaside resort a couple of days ago. As I checked in I was asked to go to a different desk to receive my parking pass. A woman asked me who i was and started to get my parking pass while inviting me to a informative breakfast. I said that would be nice.She said that she would need to put my card on file for$20.00 which would "hold" my spot at breakfast. I went to ask my husband about doing this and he said, No that it was just a tactic to get more points. As we started to go to our room this lady followed us and asked us if we were sure that we didn't want to go. We said we were sure and went to our room to take a nap. About an hour later she woke us up with a phone call again asking us why we didn't want to go to this informational meeting. As it ended up I avoided going to the Lobby because I didn't want to be harassed anymore by this sales associate. The Resort is beautiful and Seaside is a great place to be. I go to vacation to relax, not to go to sales meetings. If I want to buy more credits I will call and buy them on my own time.!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sandra P
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you love condo living with screaming kids running up and down the halls, this is exactly the place for you. It is right in the heart of Seaside and right on the beach. Each balacony is situated so that you can peek at the ocean. Everything is within walking distance. You do not have to drive anywhere. When the kids are out of school for any reason, this is a very noisy place.

The pricing is high but you are getting at least a one bedroom apartment right on the beach.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PlayfulPlatypus
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This may be the overall best Worldmark property in the system. Seaside is reminiscent of a small resort town found on the Jersey shore in movies. There are fun shops, arcades, river boat rentals, bike and surrey rentals, and numerous local restaurants. The Worldmark is right on the beach, with many units having wonderful views. There is now a small coffee shop/snack in the lobby that has some grocery necessities. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms, like expected, are always clean and comfortable. My only suggestion to WM would be that a 3 bedroom condo needs to have more comfortable seating, although I don't know how they would be able to do that with the living area. Book early if you want a summertime reservation.

Room Tip: Higher up in the front building if possible.
Green Features: They do recycle. They seems to be doing many things to help the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Servando R, Manager at WorldMark by Wyndham Seaside, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations and our small town, Seaside has something special for everyone, I will share with my staff your comments and we are looking forward your next visit
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very nice location, directly on the beach. The best views are the rooms at the front of the property, keeping in mind those are 3 bedrooms. We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the 5th floor and had a decent view. Service was really good, for our first room was above the garage, you don't want to be there! So they moved us to the 5th floor away from the garage, and they moved our luggage etc for us, it was in the room when we arrived after a day at the beach. You have to get their daily $1.00 coffee....yummy! The property is very quiet after 10pm, considering there are allot of kids staying there, it is summer! We wanted to participate in the wine tasting, but was very disappointed that the very small conference room they had it in was completely full, they ran out of wine and broke 2 glasses, and that was only 15mins into the 1 hour tasting! I recommend to get there right at the top of the hour.

We have stayed at many WM properties and I would recommend this one for a wonderful stay at the Oregon Coast.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Don't stay directly above the garage (2nd and 3rd floor). If you want a direct beach view, boo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NW2SWGIRL
Thank you, for sharing with us your vacation experience at our resort. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the delicious coffee at our coffee shop. I will share your feedback with our staff and we hope that you come back and visit us soon
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booked this hotel for my parents to stay in while they were visiting us in Seaside. They were happy to be greeted at the door with a plate of cookies. They checked in and were given an outside facing Ocean view room. The hotel was right on the beach and had everything they needed and more. The service was outstanding and they enjoyed their stay!

Room Tip: Try to get higher up and outside facing rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
John B, Manager at WorldMark by Wyndham Seaside, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We will share this review with our staff. We are glad to hear your parents enjoyed their stay. We are also glad to hear that your parents had outstanding service and enjoyed the cookies. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to having your parents stay with us in the future.