“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Seaside B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed at this Inn before but this was the first time I stayed in a room facing Tillamook Head. As always, it was not a disappointment. The room was clean and inviting, and although it faced Tillamook Head there is a great view of the ocean once you step out on the balcony. It was actually nice to see Tillamook Head with the colors of the evening sunset reflecting on it. This is such a pleasant Inn, on the quiet end of the promenade. The refrigerator and coffeemaker make it easy to have a leisure morning in the room before heading out for the activities of the day. And the gas fireplace is a welcome sight upon returning, cozy and romantic. The staff are incredible, helpful at every turn. Extra towels, more coffee, another pillow, no problem. I absolutely love this inn and plan to stay here every time I visit Seaside.

Room Tip: pets welcome in some rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Only got to spend one night here, but such an enjoyable place. Room was very clean, awesome customer service at the desk, nice and quiet with comfortable bed. Hope to return some day and stay longer. Parking was adequate, and we enjoyed shopping in the gift shop as well!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is our second stay at Inn at the Shore. We stayed 3 nights last year in October and we enjoyed it so much we returned this year for another 3 night stay in September. You can't beat the location...right on the Promenade but at the far end, so it quiet and away from the center of town. They have bikes that you can use free of charge and it's fun to take a ride down the prom. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a small sink, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator that make it easy to have a snack or light meal in your room. There is nothing I love more than waking up in the morning, sitting out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and just reveling in the spectacular view.

Room Tip: Unit 201 and 301 are end rooms with king bed and jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ritzville, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

After returning home from my prior visit, I received a phone call from the owner of the Inn at the Shore. One thing I can say about the lady, she was more gracious and apologetic than I expected. She knows customer service. I received a gift certificate for 1 night in a ocean front jacuzzi room, bottom floor. I received reimbursement for my 2 nights stay. I also received a check for $150.00. She also stated that if I could not return, that I could pass on the certificate to anyone.
I have returned from my 2nd visit and as I promised the owner, I would put in another review.
It was cold and rainy this visit so most of the time we spent in the room. I didn't get the lady's name but she had long blond hair and thin and made me feel very welcome. She brought us battery operated candles for around the jacuzzi.
I didn't bring along my dog this visit. I just didn't want to take the chance of her barking at unfamiliar noises.
I guess just because I had to go off property, in the rain to smoke on the bench didn't make the whole experience pleasant. I know I have a bad habit but at least provide some kind of shelter over the bench?
I'd recommend this Inn to anyone that doesn't have a bad habit as mine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Snellville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife & I visited Seaside, Oregon in late September, and stayed at the Inn at the Shore. Although the 3rd floor unit that we stayed in hadn't been updated, we found it to be very nice & comfortable. The view of the Pacific ocean and beach was exceptional, but the view of Tillamook Head was semi-obstructed by the roof of another property. Our over-all experience was excellent. The bed was comfortable. The unit was clean. The staff and maid service was well above average. The price as compared to other properties was reasonable. One note for handicapped people, or, people over 60 years old; There isn't an elevator on this property. So a second or third floor stay may be difficult. The check-in clerk was extremely nice, and did offer to take our luggage up to the 3rd floor.
All things considered, we will stay here again on our next trip, and we do recommend this Inn to others.

Room Tip: In addition to the western view of the Pacific, there are also rooms with a southern view that may h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ken D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here many years ago for an anniversary & having had a wonderful experience decided to stay again. Our only complaints are no elevator as we are on the second floor this time & the room is quite warm even without turning on the gas fireplace. But, excellent view of the Pacific Ocean, clean room, huge Jacuzzi tub, comfortable king bed and a friendly staff that is very accommodating. We were given a complementary bottle of champagne after I received a zap from plugging in a light that had a faulty plug. The gentleman at the front desk also came back the next day & fixed the light after he was able to get to the hardware store. It's storming very badly this stay with very strong wind. A member of the staff brought us a battery powered light in case the power goes out. We do not smoke, therefore we had no problem with their strict no smoking policy. We had considered bringing our service dog, but forgot to let them know we didn't bring her. When we entered our room we discovered they had provided us with supplies for our dog (food & water dishes & a towel). All of the staff we encountered was friendly & accommodating. We have & will recommend this establishment to anyone wanting to stay in this area of the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Deanna J
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am delighted with Inn at the Shore.

We made reservations for the Inn at the Shore for a room that would accommodate our pet schnauzer. We were told that we would have to spend the first night in a room without an ocean view for Saturday but we could move into the ocean view room on Sunday.

Soon after I made those reservations they called and told us that a suite opened up on Sunday and that they would reserve it for us at no additional expense. When we arrived on Saturday they surprised us with an ocean view room with a jacuzzi tub. On Sunday they moved us into a two bedroom suite with a living room, dining area. and two bathrooms. Both rooms had gas fireplaces.

They didn't have to be so accommodating but they seemed to go our of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. We had stayed there before and wanted to go back because they provide free bicycles that we were able to use to cruise the promenade and city. They also provide free fruit and a video library.

They are located on the South end of the promenade away from the confusion and congestion with easy access to the beach. The wonderful staff are just a bonus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family