“Beautiful view”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Chehalis, Washington
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in 2010. Took a drive to Seaside on the holiday weekend. Room was cozy with Victorian decor. View is beautiful. Love that it's off the beaten path. I understand the policy of no one in pool under 18 but the few in the pool even commented my child wasn't bothering anyone. If splashing or busy it would make total sense. That would be my only complaint.

• Stayed May 2014
Gmanager206, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Lanai and for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your room. Being off the beaten path truly makes for a much more relaxing time while enjoying the view that we have here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My boyfriend, 6 month old daughter, and myself stayed in room #38 from 5/17-5/19. This was our first time staying at Lanai and we absolutely loved it. It was quiet, calm, and truly relaxing. Right on the beach and not too close to the hustle and bustle of downtown Seaside. The owners were incredibly friendly as well. The view was incredible!! We will most certainly be returning!

• Stayed May 2014
Gmanager206, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Jessica,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with others. We are so happy that you had a nice stay with us here at the Lanai. We also thank you for your kind words. It does make for a relaxing stay being away from the downtown hustle and bustle. You can go into Seaside and join in on the tourist activities and then return to the Lanai for some peace and quiet while enjoying the view. We are glad that you are planning on visiting us again. We look forward to having you.
Zillah, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Friendly and relaxing. The view is awsome watching the waves and the surfers. Some rooms are pet friendly for an extra fee. We prefer the ground floor which makes it possible to walk through our sliding door to the beach. We also like having a kitchenette.

Hello,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Lanai at the Cove and also for leaving a review. Like yourself, many of our guests really enjoy the kitchenette's also, it really helps save money while away on vacation to be able to eat in which then makes the stay at the Lanai even that much more affordable. Not to mention, such a nice up-close and personal meal with a view. We look forward to seeing you again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 May 2014

While only spending one night at the Lanai "on a whim" (3:45 in on a weekday afternoon) to escape a rare spring heat wave in Portland, I came away with a good impression and a relative feel for the value it offers vs. more expensive hotels I've frequented in Cannon Beach over the past 20 years. Hopefully this perspective is useful to fellow travelers.

Pros: The woman filling in at the desk for Barb and Cory was friendly and caring. I'm pretty specific about what I want from a hotel, and she insisted on taking me to preview the only top floor room they had available to make sure it was to my liking. Even with a 'bad knee', making stair climbing difficult, she maintained an upbeat attitude that made a wonderful impression on me. The room was large (about 400 sq. ft), outfitted with a small, functional kitchenette, and stylish furniture. Standard bathroom that was also very clean. Most beachfront hotels feature linoleum or tile floors since they're easy to clean. My room had what looked like new carpet. It was so clean and spotlessly vacuumed I didn't mind walking around barefoot! The TV and furniture appeared new too --and all in excellent condition. The view from my 3rd floor, end room (#48, I think), was 80% ocean, and 20% beach and small homes along the shoreline. The hotel is in a great location: south of touristy downtown Seaside, in a quiet, well maintained, residential neighborhood. Very private feel to my room. All I heard with my patio door open all night was the sound of waves lapping the shore. It's about a 5 minute drive the restaurants and attractions of Seaside.

Cons: the mattress on my bed was almost as hard as a board, and the pillows were compressed and unsupportive. I tossed and turned all night and finally awoke in the morning with a stiff neck and sore back. Hotel policy is for guests to wash their own dishes. Bad idea! The 2 glasses I took from the cabinet needed to be thoroughly washed since they were damp and smudged.

For the $119 (AAA rate) I paid for my room, the Lanai is a bargain compared to what you'll get in Cannon Beach and Gearhart. The location is terrific --quiet, private, steps from the beach, and a short drive to "downtown" restaurants, Cannon Beach, Gearhart, and Astoria. The hotel is very clean, small, modern beachfront style, and the rooms feel spacious. True it's not as romantic as the Stephanie Inn, for example, with views of Haystack Rock or a Teddy Bear on your bed, but for the money The Lanai is a very good choice for practical travelers who want quality R&R and an excellent value. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve a top floor room so you can keep your patio door open and enjoy the cool sea air and lapping...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BobbyWashington
Hi BobbyWashington,
Thank you for leaving your review here on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, minus the bed. We always appreciate our guests feedback for all situations. We are happy that Donna made you feel welcome and was able to show you a unit that you were happy with. We could definitely use you as the Lanai spokes person, perhaps Seaside's also. We hope to see you both again during your next trip to the Seaside area.
Covington, Washington
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed in room 43 from 5/13 - 5/18. The room was light and airy. Even though it is a studio with a small kitchenette, I still felt it was very roomy. I kept the sliding room door open all night and just loved hearing the ocean! And to wake up and see the full ocean from your bed was gorgeous. I love that the hotel is not on the central strip but still on the ocean. This was my 3rd stay and I will definitely come back again.

Greeting from the Lanai,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. The greatest thing about our location is the ocean being right outside your door. Listening to the waves crashing and waking to the view truly makes for a relaxing stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next getaway to the Oregon Coast.
Woodburn, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our favorite getaway on the north Oregon coast. Have stayed there several times and always have had an exceptional stay. Barbara and Cory are great hosts and make your stay very comfortable. They even ordered especially nice weather for us in late April. Came from the Arizona desert directly to the Lanai. What an awesome change. Hope to be able to visit again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gmanager206, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi William,
Thank you so much William, we appreciate your review and your kind words.
We are thrilled that you had another great stay. We wish we could take
credit for that amazing weather but we actually were giving the credit to
you, bringing it with you from Arizona. Thank you again and we look
forward to seeing you again another day.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very romantic! Ocean front view and grounds are well kept. Rooms are spacious & clean and many have kitchenettes. We got engaged while overlooking the ocean! Only complaint is that the pool was closed

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have easy beach/pool access and get more sun.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela S
Hello Angela,
Congratulations on your engagement. How romantic! We are so glad that
you had a good time with us here at the Lanai and thank you so much for
your review here on Trip Advisor. Just so you know, our pool normally
opens over Memorial weekend until the first week of October. Perhaps
you can sneak away for another stay with us and be able to enjoy our
outdoor pool at that time. Thanks again!