“Dee-licous breakfast!”

Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Seaside
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place looks like a big log cabin from the outside, and if the parking lot is full, don't let that discourage you. The restaurant is huge on the inside, with plenty of tables and wait staff. Had a fantastic, reasonably priced breakfast (waffle, two eggs, and bacon), delivered quickly and courteously. Special requests handled graciously, even though they were quite busy. We didn't have a chance to check out all of the lumberjack historical pictures and equipment, but I will on the next visit; it looks very interesting.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stop at Camp 18 on hi way 26 on the way to the coast from Portland and either eat or pick up a giant cinnamon roll. You can't miss the large restaurant and logging museum on the left side as it kind of emerges out of the forest. It's a nice longer stop if you have time, and I always enjoy roaming around the old logging equipment outside after eating. The big fireplace makes a great photo-op and the entire building is a big log lodge, so it has a beautiful relaxed ambiance. You'll see a lot of big family tables. The service has been good and the other food okay, but did I mention the cinnamon rolls?

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Camp 18 is a delightful trip through part Oregon's rich history, complete with a delicious meal guaranteed to satisfy the hungriest logger in your group. I dare you to eat a whole cinnamon roll yourself!

The wonderfully friendly Gordon Smith is a 6th generation owner/operator of the family restaurant, and if you're lucky enough to catch him there he's always happy to point out some of the pictures and tell their stories of how his ancestors constructed the amazing log lodge. If you can, sit near the back windows where an insanely large variety of birds feast on the many feeders hanging around the deck. Look closely to spot the elephant in the garden below. Be sure to save time to walk around the lodge and the grounds outside and to stop by the quirky gift shop.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I have ate there many times, one happened to be Thanksgiving and another was Fathers Day but any time we have been there the food has been great, the service was wonderful. We not only stop on our way home from the coast, we go there just to eat and then head home again. Worth the trip
I have noticed that people have complained about the service being slow and the waiting but when there are so many there, which is 98% of the time I think the servers do a good job and because the food is so good there is most generally a waiting time.
I figure that if you see a long line outside of any restraunt the food must be good or people wouldn't be waiting, they would be leaving.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stopped here on our way home. Lots of people and quite a wait for our table. Once we were seated, the service was quite good, and the food was great. Large portions but a little pricey. Would rather had smaller portions for less money. Great ambiance, but a little noisy, due to the open seating. (Kind of like being in a gymnasium). I will go back, as we always do when we go to seaside, as it is our "last hurrah" before returning to normal life.