Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
oregon
“Loved it”
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We drove to Seaside and and checked out a few different hotels. This one was the best price and location for the money. I am very picky about where I stay after having a couple bad experiences with dirty hotels needing upgrades and putting deceptive pictures online. I have to say, the staff was helpful and nice. We had an easy check in and out. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The pool was fun and the place was very quiet. I will definitely come back here to stay again. Continental breakfast was nice with two small kids too!

• Liked — can't chose one. it was a perfect place for us.
  • Disliked — that we had to leave
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Portland
Reviewed 6 February 2008

Had a great stay. Were there for "girls weekend" and attend "Seaside Sisters" event at Convention center. It was within waslking distance of everything we wanted to do.
The staff was great, My cell phone had lost it's charge and not only did they have a charger but when I checked out and return it they told me to keep it. I liked the business center, I work nights so sometimes my sleep schedule is kind of "goofy", I was having trouble sleeping so I got up and went to the "Biz Center" used computer to check e-mails and do a little work on the computer.
My friend was very impressed with property & the breakfast. I think I have gotten you new guest from the experiance she had.

• Liked — close to everthing!!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank phjeanie
Colorado
Reviewed 2 November 2007

This hotel has nice rooms and tasteful decor. It is a about 5 blocks to the beach, but the walk takes you through the shops downtown, so it is enjoyable.

The hotel is also next to a river, and our room had a balcony that looked over the river. Also the continental breakfast had a lot of variety and was quite filling.

Overall this place was nice and seemed to be quite a bit less expensive than the other hotels I looked at closer to the beach. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Price, rooms, breakfast
  • Disliked — Distance to beach
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank jk2007
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 24 October 2007

By booking late, we ended up with a good deal on an executive suite right next to the lobby. The young ladies at the registration desk were very efficient and friendly, the wireless internet worked well and there was an adequate number of outlets in the room. We took an evening stoll on the Malecon - a short distance from the hotel - which was busy but not too crowded. Then between the hotel and the beach, we found a great seafood restaurant called Norma's Ocean Diner. The service was good, the food excellent and our room key got us a bit of a discount.

In the not too distant future, we will definitely go back and spend more time in Seaside to explore the little boutiques, check out the aquarium and the beach, and try more of the seafood restaurants in town.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LWL
Seattle
Reviewed 18 October 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Seaside on business for two nights in September. After reading the reviews for this property, I was a bit concerned, but my stay turned out very well. My colleagues and I all checked in after 6pm, and none of us experienced a wait for a room. Check-in was friendly and efficient. I will agree with several reviewers about the "House Rules" slip that all guests MUST read and initial at check-in. I have worked and stayed in many, many hotels in my career, and this is without question the first time I have eve seen such a thing. The clerk makes you initial the slip before they complete the check-in process and hand you a key card, so you really have no choice. Not that I really have a problem with anything that was on this slip, but pherhaps the hotel's management should re-work this piece to make it more of a "positive" rather than "negative" for their guests. Seems like a cold, "you will do this or else...!" type of thing that may give an arriving guest a less-than-friendly first impression. My opinion, that's all.
On to the room. I'm Priority Club Gold, so they were able to upgrade me to a nice King bedded room on the 4th floor. The room was clean and clean-smelling upon arrival. Also quite large, with a separate front room that had it's own TV and sofa. The view from my room was of the river behind the hotel. This is indeed an actual river - not a "stream" or "creek" as mentioned elsewhere. Maybe not the Mighty Mississippi. but an actual river nonetheless. I found the channel selection on the TV to be sufficient, and noted that the network channels were all "local" (from Portland). I saw Letterman at his normal time... Pherhaps the TV channel lineup has been changed. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. There were several selections, including coffee, tea and hot cocoa to drink, as well as a good assortment of items to eat, comparable to similar offerings at similar properties. The breakfast room was kept stocked and clean, at least on the two mornings that I was there.
The hotel is in a good location - just a minute or two walk to a good selection of restaurants and shopping. Maybe 5 minutes at the most down to the beach. I really can't think of anything that wasn't up to standard for me, except that pesky "House Rules" slip - I can see how it might turn-off some folks, making a bad fist impression that is then hard overcome. I would definitely stay at this property again when visiting Seaside.

• Liked — Newer, clean, comfortable and a great location
  • Disliked — The
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank FamilyGuySeattle
Troutdale, Oregon
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We just returned from a night at the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside, Oregon. We found this hotel to be clean, comfortable and better than we expected from some of the reviews on this website.

Our room had a king bed, a small loveseat, table chairs and a view of the "mountains." The mountains were beyond the parking lot.

I did ask for a courtesy upgrade and was told by a very friendly front desk person that it was not possible while using points to stay and even so they were booked for the night. The parking lot was full, so I believe him.

The location of the property was great, just a block off Broadway.

This hotel was a bit noisy -- the usual doors opening and closing, talking in the hallways, and we did hear a man sneezing in the room next to us. We didn't think the walls were that thin!

All in all this was a good hotel and I would recommend it for a short stay in Seaside.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GigiPearl
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 20 August 2007

Stayed at the HIExpress due to association confrence, which had booked this hotel with contract room price. Upon check in I was informed that it would be an additional $20 a night as there were more than 1 person in the room, regardless of booked contract price. When asked, the desk peson said it was poor communication on my association part, that was the policy and that nothing could be done. I was also informed that they had booked me for a day longer than my confirmation and that there was a $200 charge for checking out early, which is more than 1 days lodging charge. I said that was reduciculous and he agreed, none the less that was policy. After discussion and showing him the confirmation, he agreed to suspend the $200 charge this time. Hotel maid service is haphazard at best, had to go to front desk to get anything more than towels replaced, and while there watched both front desk attendents answer phone using names different that what is on their name tags. That alone should make you suspcious. I have stayed in Seaside many times, every other motel was better. First and last time at the HI Express Seaside

• Liked — the room view
  • Disliked — poor hotel policies and treatment by staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cabendickson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2007
The person writing this review stayed here for a conference in mid-August. The negotiated rate with the conference staff was for the Government Per Diem rate of $111.00 per night plus tax. The Government Per Diem rate is only for the person on government business and not for family to travel with the person on business; in this case the conference attendee. The conference staff were fuilly aware that if the attendees brought family with them (as this is a vacation / resort location) that there would be an additional charge of $20.00 per person over the first one. If this was not conveyed to the attendees by the conference staff I am sorry, but I have not control over that.

This hotel also has a $200.00 plus tax early departure fee. But, as this person stated, we waived that fee due to the fact that his reservation was booked incorrectly for an additional day.

The Housekeeping staff at this hotel is among the finest in the industry. They have gone through hours of extensive training and do an exceptional job each and every day with every room. Everything in the rooms is replaced daily: towels, amenities, etc.

The name tag situation was simply due to having employees that had forgotten their own name tags and used different ones because Holiday Inn Express requires that everyone wear a name tag every day and I did not want the hotel in a violation situation. It had NOTHING to do with the EXCELLENT service everyone receives at this hotel everyday.

This was also the only hotel that was willing to offer all of its rooms at the Government Per Diem rate for their conference during the busiest month of the year. The hotel could have easily sold the rooms for $100.00 or more per night but chose instead to take care of our government employees with the best facilities and Guest Service in Seaside.

If this person chooses not to come back to this hotel that is fine but it will be that person that is drpriving themselves of the best hotel and truly legendary Guest Service.

Chris Bendickson