“bad stay even worst gm”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
sactown23
“bad stay even worst gm”
Reviewed 18 September 2008

I checked in this hotel and the desk clerk took 10 min to find my reservations after she relized that it was in the system i got my room keys went to my room and did not have a room with a balcony like i booked i called the desk to inform her about it and to complian about the smoke smell stayed in 421 in used to be a smoking room. The desk clerk told me she had no other rooms at the time i found out that was a lie when my friend called from her cell to get a room and sure enough there was a room avab with a balcony didnt want to create a fuss over the issue to i simply gave up later that night i asked for a late c/o she told me to ask in the morning i did and i didnt get it even tho i am a priority member and the perk to the membership is gtd 2pm late c/o when checking out chris the gm ignored me and had to wait 5 min for him to finish a conversation with a housekeeper and a lady came to the desk to ask for a late c/o he gave her one and when she said thank you he said and i qoute " dont worrk we take care of pretty things like you". Thats really professional, Last but not least before checking out i went to the car and when i got close to my room i see a housekeeper almost letting someone in my room and i didnt know that person at all he made a mistake in what room he was in. And if the housekeeper was was trained well she would of known to call the desk before you ever ever let someone in and check id. To me this hotel is lacking a sense managment. You can clearly see how you can be treated at the hix in seaside read the managment response on all the bad reviews has a excuse for everything. Chris try something for onc say sorry and take in the account guests pay money to stay the expect great service and when we are unhappy just say sorry. Maybe your scores will go up.

• Liked — pool upon 24 hours
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sactown23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2008

We stayed one night recently in two adjoining rooms; each had one kingsize bed with only one door to the hallway, making it less expensive than two separate rooms. Our rooms had balconies over the river (but it was too cold outside to sit on them). The rooms were clean, quiet and spacious, and the beds were comfortable. We did not spend much time in Seaside since I was mainly interested in touring Cannon Beach (a 15-minute drive away) and seeing Ecola State Park. I felt that we got more room for the money than staying in Cannon Beach.

• Liked — near shops and beach
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Nice and pleasant stop for a family vacation. The room is extra large with a sitting area and the two double beds. Nice for a family of four.

The place is kept up well and clean. The front desk service was excellent, including a nice tip on a local restaurant. Also a wonderful local coffee house across the street is worth going to for a nice latte.

We did not use the pool but it appeared to be in great working order with lots of swimmers on a Saturday night.

The morning breakfast bar was well-stocked and a nice sitting area as well.

Overall, very nice stay and very convenient to walk to the local Seaside shops and attractions.

• Liked — Clean and convenient
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MikeC52
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 July 2008

The price of hotel was fair and the hotel design is ok. The main reason I booked this hotel because it had a indoor pool. I was very excited about this trip. We went to the pool around 9pm first night and it was cold and my poor infant had running nose. We were shaking. The next morning, we went to the pool again at 8am, OMG, the water was very, very, very cold (worse than yesterday ) that I could not even get in the pool water and my baby would just cried. Last night, the pool water was cold but we managed to stay in the pool for a little and my baby was "sort of" ok with it. I could not believe how cold the pool water was in the morning, we could not enjoy the pool at all this time, so very cold! We just had to leave the pool without enjoy it for one more time. The weather was nice when we were there. I wonder if Holiday Day Inn has regulation for pool water temperature???

• Liked — close to the Seaside downtown
  • Disliked — cold water pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank tarataraboo85
oregon
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We drove to Seaside and and checked out a few different hotels. This one was the best price and location for the money. I am very picky about where I stay after having a couple bad experiences with dirty hotels needing upgrades and putting deceptive pictures online. I have to say, the staff was helpful and nice. We had an easy check in and out. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The pool was fun and the place was very quiet. I will definitely come back here to stay again. Continental breakfast was nice with two small kids too!

• Liked — can't chose one. it was a perfect place for us.
  • Disliked — that we had to leave
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Portland
Reviewed 6 February 2008

Had a great stay. Were there for "girls weekend" and attend "Seaside Sisters" event at Convention center. It was within waslking distance of everything we wanted to do.
The staff was great, My cell phone had lost it's charge and not only did they have a charger but when I checked out and return it they told me to keep it. I liked the business center, I work nights so sometimes my sleep schedule is kind of "goofy", I was having trouble sleeping so I got up and went to the "Biz Center" used computer to check e-mails and do a little work on the computer.
My friend was very impressed with property & the breakfast. I think I have gotten you new guest from the experiance she had.

• Liked — close to everthing!!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank phjeanie
Colorado
Reviewed 2 November 2007

This hotel has nice rooms and tasteful decor. It is a about 5 blocks to the beach, but the walk takes you through the shops downtown, so it is enjoyable.

The hotel is also next to a river, and our room had a balcony that looked over the river. Also the continental breakfast had a lot of variety and was quite filling.

Overall this place was nice and seemed to be quite a bit less expensive than the other hotels I looked at closer to the beach. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Price, rooms, breakfast
  • Disliked — Distance to beach
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends