“Lewis & Clark would have loved this!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seaside-Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The end of the trail for Lewis & Clark was here in Seaside back in 1806. There is a landmark on the beach to commemorate this. Pretty awesome to think this little oceanfront town is of such historic significance to the USA.

This hotel is very modern and comfortable.

The good: Clean rooms, comfortable beds, updated features like free wifi and cable tv. Nice pillows too! I need a firm pillow and they have your choice of firm or soft. The AC system has a nice constant fan feature which I need to sleep. this way I get the fan noise without having to freeze or burn up.

Nice breakfast selection as well.

The bad: none to speak of. :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seahawksman
KatieMParsons, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seaside-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

to receive your kind words of praise.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the moment we arrived until our departure, we found this hotel perfect for our stay.Unlike Holiday Inn Express, which we consider meant more for business people, we found the suite to offer additional bonus with the added room with pull out couch/sitting area, offering a more expansed room. With my tendency to find cold air from the A/c uncomfortable, the room could be comfortably cool without the draft of cool air directly hitting me. Our room on the 4th floor # 406 was quiet, away from ice machines and elevator.Location was perfect: a scant 2-3 blocks from the beach. Breakfast was typical and sufficient. Desk staff( Joe) was most helpful and efficient. Rate was fair for newness of the hotel and location, especially during high season. As mentioned, highly recommended and we would return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It is within walking distance of everything. The only downside was a non-working AC system that they told me how to fix myself instead of checking it and fixing for me. It did work, it was just odd to have to reset my own breakers. They were also family friendly. It sits on a river and is just a few minute's walk from the beach.

Room Tip: The west-side, river-view was nice.
2  Thank Bart M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Let me first start off by saying I don't write reviews. Although because of the service I received I am compelled to do so. This was a spur of the moment trip and from the minute I walked in I was treated like a movie star. The crew was so hospitable, 2 employees especially Joe and Brett who work at the front desk. They must work the swing shift because they were always there in the evening until about 11 pm. These two love their jobs which is rare to see. They were always asking how we were doing, whether we needed anything (but didn't over do it), offering my six yr old goggles for the pool, giving great advice on places to eat and many other little things that gave us an excellent experience. They have fresh baked cookies at 6 pm and we came in one night at 7:30 and as soon as we walked they handed us a plate of cookies with a napkin over the top that had written on it " made with love ". It was like we were their # 1 client and they were sincere about it. I have been to many places and stayed in many hotels all over the country and I have never been treated the way I have been treated by these two young men. I will definitely come back if Brett and Joe are there and will be disappointed if they aren't. They are absolutely incredible employees and we need these two cloned and put in every hotel. Thank you so much Holiday Inn you are doing a fabulous job.

1  Thank cng261974
KatieMParsons, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seaside-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The heating was not working in our room. Apparently even in the rooms where it is working the guests are required to perform a complicated reset procedure on the thermostat. That didn't work. The staff wasn't able to get it to work either. The room was extremely chilly, and we had a baby and toddler with us, but they had no other room that could hold us all. Their only offer was to bring blankets, as though we were supposed to spend the whole time huddled in bed. I asked the manager on duty, who looked college age, to find a space heater, and he refused to do so, or to contact his own manager. When I told him is was unacceptable, he hung up on me. We've been coming here every summer for the last 7 years, but we will never stay here again.

2  Thank Peter S

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was the 3rd HI Express we stayed at on our 7 day road trip and this was the most expensive and by far the worst in terms of service. Front desk staff was very inattentive and always had their heads down so guests had to wait for them to notice you or had to ask for assistance.

The pool was out of towels so I advised the front desk clerk who said he'd call for more but after 15 minutes when my kids were ready to come out, no towels arrived. When I went back to the same clerk, he told me they were all out of towels. Why didn't he come and tell me in the pool?! And why didn't he offer me the clean towels that were sitting at the front desk? For a hotel that claims to cater to the convention center guests, I'm surprised at the poor level of customer service.

Breakfast area was very small and crowded every morning so we we had to eat in the lobby or in our rooms.

Would not recommend this hotel. Stay at the neighbouring Riverside Inn or other hotels closer to the beach - Shilo Inn and Comfort Inn.

1  Thank 905rayannf

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I lost my Coach bag (valued $200) there the day before our check out and they (management) didn't do anything about it, even dare to say "she is our best housekeeper". The lady has been working there for just over a year. The room very outdated, staffs overall were terrible, pool often out of towels and breakfast out of milk, definitely won't come back and we don't recommend anyone to stay here. Not like any other HI Express.

4  Thank orchid9972

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests, and I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

However, in order for me to promptly resolve the issues you raise, I need additional information. Please contact me by telephone or letter with the arrival date of your reservation, a confirmation number (if you can provide one) and any other facts you consider pertinent including the police report case number.

Once again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience. I look forward to discussing this matter with you upon receipt of the information I've requested.