“Nice displays”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice displays”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Aquarium was small, but had a lot to offer with their displays. It is older and not as fancy as larger facilities, but I really enjoyed the displays and the information that was given on them. The sea life was all visible and looked healthy and active. I especially liked seeing several different octopus, even a female guarding her eggs! The sea lions were so entertaining, though I was upset to see their small enclosure for how many were in there. I was able to get them to do fun behaviors for fish such as splashing, tummy slaps and belly rolls!

Visited October 2013

Shoreline, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Feed the Seals!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our family had such a great time at this museum, we were able to purchase some food at the entrance for a nominal price and feed the seals, it was such fun I could have done it all day. Also, all the sea life in the aquarium is indigenous to the area, very educational, and there is an area for kids to touch various sea life. The aquarium is just off the beach, great location A lot of fun in this lovely little town!

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love Feeding the Seals!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This aquarium may be tiny, but I give it a 4 because I love being able to feed the seals! That's what keeps me coming back every time we visit Seaside. The seals are so much fun to interact with, but be prepared to be splashed. Great for kids, but the seal enclosure is such that if they want to feed the seals themselves you will have to pick them up. I've been coming here since I was a little girl and still love feeding the seals.

Visited September 2013
Woodland, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Seaside Aquarium”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband had never really been to Seaside before. We went up for a quick overnight trip. I wanted him to feed the seals at the Seaside Aquarium. We went in. It does cost $8 per adult and the aquarium isn't all that big, but I understand that they need to charge the amount that they charge because they need to be able to keep operating. The seals are the absolute high point of visiting the aquarium, although, I do think that for $8 per adult, it should include one little tray of seal food. Seal food costs $1 per tray and it's pretty small. The aquarium, itself, is a very small one. It's hard to try to take a decent photograph when there are a bunch of kids literally running around. This is not the aquarium's fault, but rather, parents who don't make their children behave. It's sort of off-putting and annoying when I have a very expensive camera and I'm all lined up for a shot and some rude little kid pushes right in front of me. I gave up on all of that and concentrated on the seals. I wonder if there is a time when the children are not in abundance that I can go back and get the photos that I wanted to get?? LOL! Just keep in mind that the aquarium is a very small one and it's cool for what it is and we'll go back.

Visited October 2013
Spokane
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Must go if you're in Seaside!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a pretty small place for an Aquarium - but please go, it is a great family experience. The sea lions will play and splash for you as long as you want. You can buy some fish and make them do just about anything. Many hands on exhibits and a lot of history and stories with their exhibits. You won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2013